Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Since I'm white cops don't even pull me over. They take one look at my skin, blinded essentially, because I'm so white, and they don't even bother pulling me over.

/s

But really, I've been pulled over maybe 4 times in my life, always for speeding. First was a warning, second was out of state so they ticketed me for going 8 over on the freeway, third was a warning for not stopping completely at a stop sign before I turned, and fourth was speeding 7 over. In all these cases I was polite and a little shaky because my heart starts beating and I'm worried about a ticket lol. Anyway, I have only had pleasant interactions and recently did a video for my local highway patrol officers. They're not all bad.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    in usa yes
    in other countries no because they will likely think there is something mentally wrong with you and call an ambulance to check your head
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    Constant communication is key. If pulled over,you roll down the window a little and keep both hands on the steering wheel. The officer will instruct you from there.
    Whatever they ask for,like your papers or whatever, you tell the officer where they're located and then ask if it's ok to get it. If they're in two locations,you ask permission for every action you're going to take when your hands leave the steering wheel.

You need to behave as if your life depends on every action you take,because it does. No sudden movements or surprises for the cops.

If on foot,I'd keep your hands up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been pulled over twice... Once the cop was super nice, even though it was a bottom of a steep hill speed trap. I was treated more than fairly. The second time, I don't want to go into detail, but they were awesome. Too bad it cost me 5k, but all of the cops were the best. I'd hang with them any time... anywhere... Great peeps... They did lie on my arrest... but, in the end, it was justified. I totally deserved it...

I guess milage may vary...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Anecdote. (I'm bored tonight). I'm black...legally. I'm very fair skinned.

I jav be n pulled over a few times, and in all but on tim, I got in a really good convo with the cop and had to end it because I was wasting too much time and people were waiting on me. We talked about guns, crime, the job, terrorism, politics, and even dogs.

Perhaps it's me, but we always wind up sort of friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    You claimed there are people with the mentality that cops can do no wrong. This is not proven. You are the one making the claim thus it is up to you to back it up.
    Several years of threads on these forums. There's your proof. I'm not going to start quoting them to you. Feel free to read through them for yourself.

considering 99.9% of people getting pulled over encounter nothing harmful I doubt it

Of the videos I've seen online that actually recorded the entire incident (rather than simply after the fact), they usually follow the same tragic chain of events.

Cop pulls over/approaches person (yes, usually colored)
    person gives the Cop attitude
    Cop gets aggressive
    Person gives the cop more attitude
    Cop pulls out Gun and yells get on the ground/let me see your hands, or words to that effect
    Person continues to resist
    Cop's starting to get an itchy finger....
    Person realizes they're in a spot of trouble, but instead of complying with the cops current command (get on the ground) they decide to "reach for their wallet" (probably in response to the cops original request for ID).
    Cop, now rather pissed off, agitated and trigger happy, has forgotten all about asking for ID because they've been yelling get on the ground over and over and over again, shoots said innocent person as they reach for their "wallet".

Does this mean I condone the Cop shooting an innocent? Of course not, but many of these shootings all follow the same (similar) predictable pattern. If we go with the assumption that all cops are trigger happy murderers, then common sense would suggest don't give them a reason.

I agree, there's a problem in the US with Gun Violence, on both sides of the Law. But FFS, a little common sense goes a long way, especially if you're Black and have been keeping up with current events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Of the videos I've seen online that actually recorded the entire incident (rather than simply after the fact), they usually follow the same tragic chain of events.

Cop gets aggressive
    Cop pulls out Gun and yells get on the ground/let me see your hands, or words to that effect
    Person realizes they're in a spot of trouble, but instead of complying with the cops current command (get on the ground) they decide to "reach for their wallet" (probably in response to the cops original request for ID).
    Cop, now rather pissed off, agitated and trigger happy, has forgotten all about asking for ID because they've been yelling get on the ground over and over and over again, shoots said innocent person as they reach for their "wallet".

Does this mean I condone the Cop shooting an innocent? Of course not, but many of these shootings all follow the same (similar) predictable pattern. If we go with the assumption that all cops are trigger happy murderers, then common sense would suggest don't give them a reason.

I agree, there's a problem in the US with Gun Violence, on both sides of the Law. But FFS, a little common sense goes a long way, especially if you're Black and have been keeping up with current events.
    People with common sense stay away from these current events, cause these current events are bullshit best left forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post

Cop gets aggressive

Here's something un-PC for you (not at you in particular):

If you are not black, or at least another person of color, please stop trying to tell blacks and other POCs how they should behave around cops.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post

If you are not black, or at least another person of color, please stop trying to tell blacks and other POCs how they should behave around cops.
    You should behave around cops like a normal person and do what they say. Simple as that.

All those videos of those people getting killed are full of people resisting arrest or not complying with the police officer.

Because giving them lip, resisting arrest, and "fuck da police" is working out just fine for them?

-edit-

I'm not ignorant to the fact that the average black man has to put up with a lot more shit from (some) cops than the average white man. But seriously, how many of these "death by cop" shootings started with someone giving them attitude/resisting arrest?
    Last edited by Dakara; 2016-07-09 at 04:51 AM.

no, this is not your safe space

Never get pulled over when youre driving the speed limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I don't want to die just yet.
    fail trollbait is fail. I mean if you want them to get pissed off sure by all means act like an idiot and do that. I assure you get out of the car without them telling you to I imagine it will be entertaining to see their reaction. Any additional stupid questions you have for us?

10+ Year Old Account

Don't tell me what to do because of something I can't help.

This thread is pathetic. Cop bashing at it's finest.

And just how should they? Go ahead!

10+ Year Old Account
    @Tsugunai

OK, we get it, you're uncomfortable with police. How about knocking off the hyperbole? No, you don't need to beg for your life. No, you don't need to crap in your pants if police walk into the same business you are in. No, tomorrow when you find some other way to bring it up, it won't matter then either.

Police are humans. Some are police because it is a good job for them. Some actually want to help people. Some became police for the reason stated by a jerk I knew studying administration of justice: "I want to be able to legally shoot people". Right now, things are probably tense and even some of the decent guys are on edge. Stay polite and don't bait them. It isn't really that difficult.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2016-07-09 at 11:48 AM. Reason: typo
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    With all the cop brutality lately coupled with my immense distrust and contempt for police in general, I've been starting to wonder how to act when confronted by one. Seeing how they can now kill you on a whim (literally) if a cop ever wants to talk to you or has something to do with you, should you react by immediately getting on your knees, put your hands on your back, then proceed to beg for your life? I doubt this will move their sympathies since they could just laugh and shoot you in your skull, but is it better than nothing? I imagine, just doing something similar like putting your hands up if near one will only arouse aggression and suspicion so this is ONLY for if they have business with you.

I don't want to die just yet.
    no you should wait for the cop to come close and kill the cop if you are that afraid of losing yr life .. what a silly topic , its almost as if you were close to forfeiting yr life or something ...

I suggest you take a step away from the constant "news" stream of various internet outlets and just live life without being swept up in stupid hatemob mentality.