Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wow just wow
    Last edited by Munkky; 2016-07-09 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    It's weird, and somewhat aggravating, that some of the weapons are BoE while others are BoP.
    The collection requirement for a BoP item to be "relevant" to the character in question is I feel a strong argument we can make for those items.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Wait so the people who are crying about people missing a transmit thats a special event item that makes them feel special for being there for that particular event, like every other not event like it, already have the game anyway? Sounds legit.
    It isn't just about being there, but about the additional restrictions.
    That they are BoP and therefore the appearance cannot be earned unless you pre-ordered and receive that item on a Demon Hunter during that event.
    There are multiple items which are BoP, but are available to classes you can play without that restriction.
    That one is an exception.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-09 at 06:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The collection requirement for a BoP item to be "relevant" to the character in question is I feel a strong argument we can make for those items.

It isn't just about being there, but about the additional restrictions.
    That they are BoP and therefore the appearance cannot be earned unless you pre-ordered and receive that item on a Demon Hunter during that event.
    There are multiple items which are BoP, but are available to classes you can play without that restriction.
    That one is an exception.
    From a general glance, it seems the ones with recolours are BoE while the unique models are BoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Wait so the people who are crying about people missing a transmit thats a special event item that makes them feel special for being there for that particular event, like every other not event like it, already have the game anyway? Sounds legit.
    ...No?

The problem is digital pre-purchasers get access to this particular item, by way of being able to play Demon Hunters before Legion launches.

Physical edition purchasers cannot.

The "solution", using that term broadly, you propose with that link is to buy the game twice, and contact customer service to get not a refund for your digital purchase, but a digital key, which you are then somehow expected to sell to someone who meets all the criteria below;

1) Is interested in Legion
    2) Despite being interested in Legion, has not yet purchased a copy
    3) Despite not having purchased a copy, is not interested in exactly the version of the game that would justify not purchasing a copy until the launch date, that being the physical edition
    4) Was not interested in the pre-order bonuses, thus not pre-ordering
    5) Is willing to wait however long it takes for you to go to the store, get your physical copy, return home, plug your key in, contact customer service (which I'm sure is a quick and painless experience during the launch day of an expansion), get the key refunded, and give it to them;
    6) Is willing to pay full-price for the digital edition, despite not getting the pre-order bonus and getting it later than the actual launch of the expansion

To me, that's a highly unlikely scenario.

With Legion come these "learn all appearances" tokens for armors and weapons from certain events.
    Are we 100% sure there is no such "Learn all Legion Invasion Weapon Appearances" token we can buy with the invasion currency?
    When the testing was going on I remember seeing the armor sets available like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh View Post
    With Legion come these "learn all appearances" tokens for armors and weapons from certain events.
    Are we 100% sure there is no such "Learn all Legion Invasion Weapon Appearances" token we can buy with the invasion currency?
    When the testing was going on I remember seeing the armor sets available like that.
    There are four sets of armour ensembles, for Plate, Mail, Leather and Cloth. None for the weapons, as far as I can tell.

Even if there were, Demon Hunters wouldn't be able to collect the Invasion currency to buy the weapons, unless they were early-access, or the currency was account-wide.

From a general glance, it seems the ones with recolours are BoE while the unique models are BoP.

...No?

The problem is digital pre-purchasers get access to this particular item, by way of being able to play Demon Hunters before Legion launches.

Physical edition purchasers cannot.

The "solution", using that term broadly, you propose with that link is to buy the game twice, and contact customer service to get not a refund for your digital purchase, but a digital key, which you are then somehow expected to sell to someone who meets all the criteria below;

1) Is interested in Legion
    2) Despite being interested in Legion, has not yet purchased a copy
    3) Despite not having purchased a copy, is not interested in exactly the version of the game that would justify not purchasing a copy until the launch date, that being the physical edition
    4) Was not interested in the pre-order bonuses, thus not pre-ordering
    5) Is willing to wait however long it takes for you to go to the store, get your physical copy, return home, plug your key in, contact customer service (which I'm sure is a quick and painless experience during the launch day of an expansion), get the key refunded, and give it to them;
    6) Is willing to pay full-price for the digital edition, despite not getting the pre-order bonus and getting it later than the actual launch of the expansion

To me, that's a highly unlikely scenario.
    It was a joke haha...

10+ Year Old Account
    Invasions aren't pre-event only, I don't think.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

There are four sets of armour ensembles, for Plate, Mail, Leather and Cloth. None for the weapons, as far as I can tell.

Even if there were, Demon Hunters wouldn't be able to collect the Invasion currency to buy the weapons, unless they were early-access, or the currency was account-wide.
    If these "Learn All Appearances" tokens are there, you don't need to unlock it on a demon hunter to learn it. That was my point.
    Example: you buy the WoD CM token on a paladin. Regardless of the normal transmog restrictions, using it unlocks EVERY available WoD CM weapon appearance.
    My paladin won't be able to use staves still, but the appearances are unlocked.
    Same goes for the weapons from legacy PVP, you learn the appearances when you use the "all appearances" token even if your character can't equip them.

So if they do add such a token for the weapons, or it already exists, this whole conversation is moot.

It's easy to see how this went. They announced Demon Hunters would be out before the expansion for pre-orders. Before they decided to reward some unique weapon types. Then it turned out that the Demon Hunter would not have weapons associated with them and they added a crappy looking glaive to make it fair compared to the other classes.

The result of this may be that Pre-orders get something exclusive. That certainly wasn't the purpose from the start. It's an unanticipated thing that just worked out that way.

Ah well, no problem for me. I'll be transmogging to swords either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Invasions aren't pre-event only, I don't think.
    I would like nothing more than to think this is the case. Do you have a source? Everything I've seen suggests the Invasions are only up until the launch date. The Broken Shore scenario will be permanent-but-skippable, as will the other Legion lead-in quests, but I've not seen any information about the Invasions persisting past Legion's launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh View Post
    So if they do add such a token for the weapons, or it already exists, this whole conversation is moot.
    Indeed, and on that day I shall celebrate and if I'm able delete this thread. Until then, nothing will change, or we won't get any more information on how this is meant to play out, without causing a bit of visibility.

On the Legion Beta servers, I have seen Invasions still happen and all the vendors for them are still in place. It might take you longer to get it when they aren't happening constantly, but it should still be obtainable until the end of the expansion (or whenever they decide to turn them off).
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    On the Legion Beta servers, I have seen Invasions still happen and all the vendors for them are still in place. It might take you longer to get it when they aren't happening constantly, but it should still be obtainable until the end of the expansion (or whenever they decide to turn them off).
    I hope that's the case, but it seems more likely to me that's just Beta shenanigans. Players of most levels are meant to be able to participate, wouldn't it being around the whole expansion mean normal leveling in those zones would be impossible?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like nothing more than to think this is the case. Do you have a source? Everything I've seen suggests the Invasions are only up until the launch date. The Broken Shore scenario will be permanent-but-skippable, as will the other Legion lead-in quests, but I've not seen any information about the Invasions persisting past Legion's launch.
    Well one of those 'skippable' quests is 'Defeat a Burning Legion invasion'. Like... three quests after the Broken Shore scenario heh.

AFAIK they mentioned in an early interview (when they sorta 'announced' the burning legion invasion event) that they would be taking place over the entire expansion, and would use the Legion scaling tech such that a level 110 player will find it as challenging as a 100,
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys could just ask if they will allow you to purchase the digital copy so you can get early access and when you get your CE exchange the code for a refund for the digital version you bought for the early access.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Well one of those 'skippable' quests is 'Defeat a Burning Legion invasion'. Like... three quests after the Broken Shore scenario heh.

AFAIK they mentioned in an early interview (when they sorta 'announced' the burning legion invasion event) that they would be taking place over the entire expansion, and would use the Legion scaling tech such that a level 110 player will find it as challenging as a 100,
    Well, that's hopeful. I guess I'll send a GM a question about that and hope they can answer. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    You guys could just ask if they will allow you to purchase the digital copy so you can get early access and when you get your CE exchange the code for a refund for the digital version you bought for the early access.
    Everyone in the thread linked earlier who did that claims they were told they were only offered a digital key, not a cash refund.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand why they won't implement a system so retailers could give out temporary codes like they did with Overwatch's early access thing.

I hope that's the case, but it seems more likely to me that's just Beta shenanigans. Players of most levels are meant to be able to participate, wouldn't it being around the whole expansion mean normal leveling in those zones would be impossible?
    No, actually. The invasions use the same tech as the Broken Isles where the creatures scale with player level, so lowbies can participate in the invasions as well. It would disrupt their normal questing, and replace it with the event for a bit, then back to your regularly scheduled questing.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Considering Blizzard released their community blog, or whatever it was, that explicitly states how they're going to handle people who want to pre-order and get a physical copy in order to have a written public record of their policy, betting on them giving actual refunds is a losing proposition.

They are aware of the event warglaive issue, and are "discussing it".

@EnvoyOfTheEnd @WarcraftDevs Thanks everyone for drawing attention to this, will discuss.
    https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/754101378117611520
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-16 at 01:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Welp, already pre-order since long ago.

Any bonuses I can get at this point will be sweet icing.