Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    No it was his literal spirit which was weird. An avatar by nature is like you make a weaker twin of yourself or something you physically created imbued with your lifeforce to act on your behalf. It was literally Sargeras's spirit in both of them.
    While this appears to be true as of The Last Guardian (or at least, it is what Khadgar believed), the first Ultimate Visual Guide claims it was only an avatar that Aegwynn defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    While this appears to be true as of The Last Guardian (or at least, it is what Khadgar believed), the first Ultimate Visual Guide claims it was only an avatar that Aegwynn defeated.
    .... Yes and somehow Sargeras's literal spirit was inside of the avatar. It never said "the spirit of the avatar" was inside them. It flat out says SARGERAS was inside them. Somehow he's able to shift his spirit to the avatar or perhaps a portion of it. Also citing the UVG is like when people laugh at someone for citing wowwiki considering it stated things that were clearly untrue in game such as DW being Wrathion's father literally when it was clearly stated in game he was only figuratively calling him the father of the flight.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    whats with all these stupid threads complaining about antagonists losing?
    Its kinda the whole point of the game, for the character to prevail in some heroic way

- - - Updated - - -

Its kinda the whole point of the game, for the character to prevail in some heroic way
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the real issue is that Blizzard picked such high-profile villains that their victory seems totally illogical if the universe is to continue.

They should have slown it down a bit after WotLK. They're burning through the lore and the villains at lightspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I guess the real issue is that Blizzard picked such high-profile villains that their victory seems totally illogical if the universe is to continue.

They should have slown it down a bit after WotLK. They're burning through the lore and the villains at lightspeed.
    They did that in MoP, focusing on new threats and Garrosh, a character introduced in WoW rather than one of the big villains of the franchise prior to his face heel turn, and then in WoD with the Iron Horde, though we do fight the Legion for the last patch we didn't really kill anyone from our timeline outside of maybe Archimonde if dying by the black gate counts for demon death. I don't know if that was ever confirmed or not, and even then he was believed dead anyway until this expansion introduced the 'one legion' idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's something I'll call a background rumble in the storyline.....light and shadow. I know, I know, people complain about Kerrigan, the swarm, and the storyline, but quite honestly I enjoy the way blizzard echoes their stories. In essence, the BL will be redeemed or turned against the Shadow, much as Kerry and the Swarm was. Anyone who complains about it, I have a question for you: what more could you ask for, than a universe destroying void, versus some sword wielding mortals? Tis epic.
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    There's something I'll call a background rumble in the storyline.....light and shadow. I know, I know, people complain about Kerrigan, the swarm, and the storyline, but quite honestly I enjoy the way blizzard echoes their stories. In essence, the BL will be redeemed or turned against the Shadow, much as Kerry and the Swarm was. Anyone who complains about it, I have a question for you: what more could you ask for, than a universe destroying void, versus some sword wielding mortals? Tis epic.
    The void just isn't an interesting antagonist for me. Maybe they'll be able to flesh it out later, but not only would I much prefer the different franchises go in different directions but also the void just doesn't have anything to interest me really compared to the burning legion and Sargeras' motives. Also the Swarm is more like the Horde finding redemption than the Legion. I don't think the BL is going to follow the zerg example, I think the zerg followed the orc example.

I imagine the Burning Legion's goal this expansion pack is the same it has always been: to destroy Azeroth. They seem to be have a new tool to that end in Gul'Dan but the goal is obviously the same. Frequent mentions of Argus lead me to believe we may get our first glimpse of it this expansion (possibly with us destroying it), not to mention Azshara and N'Zoth stirring under the sea. Will Sargeras make his first appearance in the game? Legion would be an excellent time for that to happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Not to mention that the Lich King actually won. But they pulled a Deus ex Machina with Tirion. Technically with a better technology and a little bit of phasing that wouldn't be needed. They'd also need to worry about factions.

Factions and way too powerful enemies are what mess with the story. And then there's us, who don't even break a sweat wiping entire continents by ourselves. Why? In FFXIV they make it clear from the get got. You got a God protecting you and giving you strength. But what do you have here? Why are you so powerful? Did you do 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats and a 10km run every single day for 3 years before you started adventuring or something?
    fuck you and your amazing one punch man references! (im just kidding btw, i love it, im the only person in my guild who has seen it :"( )
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Not to mention that the Lich King actually won. But they pulled a Deus ex Machina with Tirion. Technically with a better technology and a little bit of phasing that wouldn't be needed. They'd also need to worry about factions.

Factions and way too powerful enemies are what mess with the story. And then there's us, who don't even break a sweat wiping entire continents by ourselves. Why? In FFXIV they make it clear from the get got. You got a God protecting you and giving you strength. But what do you have here? Why are you so powerful? Did you do 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats and a 10km run every single day for 3 years before you started adventuring or something?
    I use to think that too, RIft had the amazing story of you being a special hero... wow seemed to go off the premise a normal person could be extraordinary, that was the fantasy it was selling, but ofc it becomes ridiculous very quickly , you're obviously something special.

And I think they've revealed who is behind this, Azeroth the nascent titan. Ofc each of the races and indviiduals have beings or powers they call on for strength etc but the heroism is remarkable. This guy puts it nicely here. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ou-assign-them
    ...To meet the world threats, the nascent titan Azeroth has inspired the natives of Azeroth, and many responded, bringing all their skills, in a variety of convictions and disciplines. However an unusually high amount of heroes has arisen from a few of the races of Azeroth, and they have arisen to turn the tide against a series of near impossible odds...
    The strength of Azeroth is reflectd in the races she has produced or taken heart. This is why we become so badass.