Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    You're aware that the Pope is anti gay and anti abortion yes?

That the Catholic Church has repeatedly said condoms spread STDs in Africa, yes?
    The current pope is quite...liberal...(ZING) on those question. Even the most conservatives popes were not, however, as fanatically hostile as the stereotypical ''preacher in the depths of Alabama with a congregation of 34 people''

7+ Year Old Account
    Your acceptance of criminal behavior, given the right circumstances, is disgusting.

Acceptance? no.

Understanding, empathy, basic human kindness? yes.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Then progressives should stop supporting people like Obama and Hillary.
    I mean I get this is concern trolling and all, but supporting the viable center left candidate is a lot better than supporting the ideologically pure candidate that can't win.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I mean I get this is concern trolling and all, but supporting the viable center left candidate is a lot better than supporting the ideologically pure candidate that can't win.
    Zelk implied there is no center left in the US.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    They're center left by US standards, not by global standards.
    How so? By global standards European countries are the ones way out in left field.

10+ Year Old Account
    How so? By global standards European countries are the ones way out in left field.
    No they really aren't. Half of Europe has conservative governments. I would know as I live in a country that unfortunately does.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    By global standards they're center right.
    My post was about Europe and global standards. Are you claiming Europe is center right by global standards?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    No they really aren't. Half of Europe has conservative governments. I would know as I live in a country that unfortunately does.
    Yes, they really are?

I mean do you think the Eastern World is liberal? Conservative in Europe is liberal in the rest of the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Boycotts have fallen out of favor on the Right because the Left has used that tactic to target conservative radio.
    lol ... Conservative radio is falling apart because it continues to push towards the extreme and only very old white men listen to that anymore. Boycotts have fallen out of favor for the Right because they only boycotts they've been pushing for is for hate's sake. So the moderate right refuses to back it up. Deep down, all but the most extremist conservatives understand that Christians are not threatened, and most things that conservatives want are actually not threatened.

Never go outside the experience of your people.
    lol ... How do the Liberals do that? One of the most common problems conservatives run into is when they are exposed to experiences outside of their bubble. The world doesn't work like the nice black and white messages tell them. When people run into those experiences, they start to understand that their previous position isn't tenable. This is the true secret to how the homosexual community got the majority of the US on their side...enough of them came out of the closet and people started realizing that the homosexuals weren't actually doing anyone any harm.

...we shouldn't be afraid to talk about our Christian beliefs...
    lol ... Turn on your TV on Sunday morning, especially free over the air TV. Notice something? Christian channel after christian channel preaching. Notice something missing? No channels pushing atheist talk. Where is the fear to talk about Christian belief? Are people really this stupid to believe that nonsense?

...stick up for Christians who are under attack...
    lol ... Ah Christian persecution...not able to spout out hateful bigotry without being called out on it. The horrors!! And a business actually has to serve customers according to the law which means that they can't follow their bible and refuse service to divorced couples...er, homosexuals. (Yes, people who actually know the bible understand how much hypocrisy exists in the Christian communities that push their hate)

Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.
    lol ... You mean like going after the Bush administration for losing 22 million emails? Or digging into the issues with Jason Chaffetz own personal email server issues (yeah, the committee chair for the Clinton email investigation)? And the list goes on and on and on around all kinds of politicians on both sides.

Conservatives have a tendency to try to win every debate with logic and recitations of facts...
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

You can't possible be serious. Conservatives have an average track record of about 60% lies. Trump is over 75% mostly false statements and nearly 20% outright pants on fire lies. Of the 2 notable statements by the aforementioned Jason Chaffetz, one is false and the other is a pants on fire lie.

More than 90% of the debates I've had with staunch conservatives has been over blatantly false or highly misleading information. Most of the time the conservative story only provides part of the whole story which, in a court of law, is a lie. When you swear in court, you promise to tell the truth (i.e. don't lie), tell the whole truth (i.e. don't tell just part of the story), and nothing but the truth (i.e. don't mix truth with conjecture or opinion). The vast majority of conservatives news violates at least one of those...and many times all three.

How about building some giant puppet heads of our own, featuring Nancy Pelosi injecting botox into her face or Barack Obama punching the Pope in the stomach?
    Yes, nothing like insulting people to show how moral your group is. /facepalm

BTW, the GOP has been doing those stunts for a very long time. They mocked Kerry with purple heart bandages (as well as mocking everyone in the military). You stay classy GOP.

How often do liberals accept an apology at face value and let an issue go?
    lol ... citation needed for an honest apology that any conservative has offered, much less citations for this even being a trend. And, yes, most people know the difference between an actual apology and a non-pology.

Yet, we're usually too well behaved to copy their tactics.
    rofl ... Again, you can't possibly be serious. What planet do you live on?

When you launch an attack, tie it in as part of a theme and never stop hammering the theme as long as it's true and it works.
    Sounds like a great plan. Now if only conservatives could learn to use actual truth instead of invented lies. For example, the economy hasn't been wrecked...GDP went down as part of the 2008 recession (who was President at that time?) and has been moving up ever since.

We think because we have this wonderful, honest, logical response to a charge that we're scoring major points...
    Honest? Hahahahahaha Again, what planet do you live on?

Logical? Hahahahahaha You need to take a college course on logic. The vast majority of conservative talking points are heavily steeped in logical fallacies such as straw man arguments, appeal to emotion, personal incredulity, tu quoque, bandwagaon, and anecdotal. To be fair, this is common among liberals as well, but to claim conservatives are logical... Hahahahahaahahahahahaha

The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.
    rofl ... You mean like the dozens of times Republicans have tried to repeal the ACA with no functional plan to replace it? Constructive alternative and conservative haven't gone together in over 40 years now.

Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.
    lol ... Do you not actually see political commercials? Republicans love to polarize issues (more formally called wedge issues).

I do have to admit, this was one of the most amusing posts I've read in a long time. I recommend that the OP go into comedy.

That was one big wall of BS.

Thanks for posting it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    My post was about Europe and global standards. Are you claiming Europe is center right by global standards?
    It actually is, interestingly.

The US being Center-Left is weird though...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

That picture is so full of shit I don't know where to begin.

The US is a left wing country, but Europe is center-right?

Uh-huh.
    Last edited by sheggaro; 2016-07-10 at 12:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    When the other side constantly denies the FACTS and constantly LIES you have to stand very firm against them since anything else means you are caving into lies that threatens to destroy the world
    Yeah, the other side *shakes fist in anger*!!! They're the problem!!!! I've never liked the "other side"!

By ''christianity under attack'', most religious self proclaimed leaders means stuff like ''evolution teaching''. It's a very odd and very obvious rear guard fight, since, if we want to be litteralist, the Bible states out also that the Earth is flat and people are able to accept that this both in the Bible and not true (presumably because even medieval theologians saw no issue with this)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Yeah, the other side *shakes fist in anger*!!! They're the problem!!!! I've never liked the "other side"!
    So what do you think about Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    That picture is so full of shit I don't know where to begin.

The US is a left wing country, but Europe is center-right?

Uh-huh.
    I guess it should be interpreted as such. Since the picture shows the governments, the Center-Left US means that the US political system is currently at Far-Right, and, as such, the government leans more towards the changes to the Left to balance it up. Same way, Europe is currently leftist, and as such there is a rise of Center-Right governments as a response to that - which we can actually observe.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The author of that piece is bonkers. Holy shit, the persecution complex and the "them vs us rhetoric" have gotten quite out of hand here. I hope the OP doesn't take this seriously, as he seemed to me like a sane person, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

(Image)

Spain being left-wing when the party in power are the inheritors of Franco's fascism? That map's a joke.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    The author of that piece is bonkers. Holy shit, the persecution complex and the "them vs us rhetoric" have gotten quite out of hand here. I hope the OP doesn't take this seriously, as he seemed to me like a sane person, at least.
    Persecution complex is how Democrats win.

Persecution complex is how Democrats win.
    God this shit is tedious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    God this shit is tedious.
    I guess we need a survey to see who feels they are more oppressed by society, Democrats or Republicans.