Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Not really.......
    Perhaps not the game itself, but people that play video games are very well aware that what happens on screen stays on screen. I'd assume a higher percentage of people that listen to rap turn to a life of crime than gamers that turn into mass murderers.

It's a extreme example, I know, but I'm very certain that when your role model sings about how life is unfair and that the system should get fucked, it has a higher probability to alter your mindest in life than a video game that simulates and alternate reality which a certain war takes place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Oh hi Mr. President
    I am the president?

Does metal create satanists?
    Is rock and roll the devils music?
    Will my friend who listens to country lose his car, his wife, his dog, and go to jail after a bar fight?
    Being a satanist isn't a crime.
    Rock and Roll may very well be the devils music, you can ask him if you'd like. But still not a crime.
    As for the country well if he doesn't pay his bills he just might.
    And none of those types of music promote crime as a way of life.

just like songs can be about illegal action, but its just lyrics. Its less hands on, its very passive.
    Yes it is. But It's lyrics that are about a REAL FLESH AND BLOOD PERSON. A person that is shown to have made it big by being a criminal. And those lyrics are focused on to the poorly educated poor black male youth that have no other role models in their lives.

Seeing an actor on screen playing a role, they understand is just entertainment. Seeing a space marine shoot aliens, they understand it's a game. Hearing a real guy talk(rap) about his life that seems to be like theirs,for some reason they don't understand it's entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    There is a chance that yes, all of these things are true. Not in and of themselves, of course, like some kind of hypnosis, but when you are talking about role models and heroes they definitely have sway on how some people lean in their lives, what they are inspired by, what they believe and how they dress, talk, and act. When you are poor, have a deadbeat dad, and no role models but criminals and gangbangers you may find that influential people that embody these values do in fact influence people to follow in their footsteps.
    Well said.
    Last edited by shadowdasher; 2016-07-10 at 03:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Perhaps not the game itself, but people that play video games are very well aware that what happens on screen stays on screen. I'd assume a higher percentage of people that listen to rap turn to a life of crime than gamers that turn into mass murderers.

It's a extreme example, I know, but I'm very certain that when your role model sings about how life is unfair and that the system should get fucked, it has a higher probability to alter your mindest in life than a video game that simulates and alternate reality which a certain war takes place.
    I think you are giving people waaayyyy to much credit for one form of media, but not another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Being a satanist isn't a crime.
    Rock and Roll may very well be the devils music, you can ask him if you'd like. But still not a crime.
    As for the country well if he doesn't pay his bills he just might.
    And none of those types of music promote crime as a way of life.

Yes it is. But It's lyrics that are about a REAL FLESH AND BLOOD PERSON. A person that is shown to have made it big by being a criminal. And those lyrics are focused on to the poorly educated poor black male youth that have no other role models in their lives.

Seeing an actor on screen playing a role, they understand is just entertainment. Seeing a space marine shoot aliens, they understand it's a game. Hearing a real guy talk(rap) about his life that seems to be like theirs,for some reason they don't understand it's entertainment.
    So people can see gratuitous violence and understand "oh thats just entertainment" BUT MUSIC? *goes and robs a store*

So people can see gratuitous violence and understand "oh thats just entertainment" BUT MUSIC? *goes and robs a store*
    If said rapper is your role model, as many are to young black males, then most likely. Is it the music that does it 100%, no. But it sure as hell gives a good push.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    If said rapper is your role model, as many are to young black males, then most likely. Is it the music that does it 100%, no. But it sure as hell gives a good push.
    Then like with the other poster, we are arguing about two different things.

My original comment was regarding a poster who made it sound like the music itself was the cause. The other poster I have been debating with assumed my argument was against him and led us to this point, even though its not understood we were arguing two different issues

My argument is not about role models, life situations, or the like. My argument is media itself.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    By opening a dialogue and doing whats basically a reverse meet and greet?

"Hi we're the members of the community you're serving" = increased racial tension ... what?
    By marching up to the police station like an invading army.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    unless they march up to LAPD HQ to hell march then I have my doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    So walking up to the station unarmed is problematic? Honestly I dont understand some people. Would it also be an issue if it was a single file line? How about 10 at a time?

How about just one dude? Well thats not much of a msg and totally irrelevant.

So walking up to the station unarmed is problematic? Honestly I dont understand some people. Would it also be an issue if it was a single file line? How about 10 at a time?

How about just one dude? Well thats not much of a msg and totally irrelevant.
    Because telling the women and children to stay home is clearly showing they have no intention of a physical conflict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because telling the women and children to stay home is clearly showing they have no intention of a physical conflict.
    Alright so

Protests are not ok
    Being peaceful is not ok

alright

Alright so

Protests are not ok
    Being peaceful is not ok

alright
    That has nothing to do with what you quoted.

I don't see it that way.

I see it as men have an issue and men are going to hash out that issue as men. This isn't a female problem. This isn't something Feminism is addressing and kids have no business there.

This is men going to the police and having a man to man discussion.

If you had an issue with another man, would you take your mom , sister and young kids with you? Or would you go to that man, as a man , and discuss it?

10+ Year Old Account
    That has nothing to do with what you quoted.
    So them walking into a police station, being peaceful, and being unarmed is being an invading army

geeee we have been invading wrong for sooo many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I don't see it that way.

I see it as men have an issue and men are going to hash out that issue as men. This isn't a female problem. This isn't something Feminism is addressing and kids have no business there.

This is men going to the police and having a man to man discussion.

If you had an issue with another man, would you take your mom , sister and young kids with you? Or would you go to that man, as a man , and discuss it?
    So in your world only men handle the issues, sure okay

- - - Updated - - -

So them walking into a police station, being peaceful, and being unarmed is being an invading army

geeee we have been invading wrong for sooo many years.
    Did I stutter?

Telling the women and children to stay home is clearly showing they have no intention of a physical conflict. /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Did I stutter?

Telling the women and children to stay home is clearly showing they have no intention of a physical conflict. /sarcasm
    In your world peacefully assembling and having a dialog is equal to being an invading army.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Did I stutter?

Who cares if they said that. They were unarmed.

Who cares if they said that. They were unarmed.
    So you can't address why they would say that and try to deflect.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    "make the Californian government & it’s law branches aware that from today forward, we will be UNIFIED as minorities & we will no longer allow them to hunt us or be hunted by us"

How in the hell does that last part even make any sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you can't address why they would say that and try to deflect.
    I can

Because it is irrelevant.

They went to the police station, filled with armed individuals

while being unarmed

I can

They went to the police station, filled with armed individuals

while being unarmed
    And they asked the women and children to stay behind with the intention of having a violent option.

- - - Updated - - -

I can

This also makes no sense.