Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Still think something as far reaching as brexit should require a super majority but ah well
    i do aswell, but it should have been in the original referendum, you cant change the rules after the vote :\

IMO, there should never have been a referendum in the first place, and if there was going to be one, it should have required a super majority or >70% to pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still think something as far reaching as brexit should require a super majority but ah well
    It should have, but the British don't have much experience running referendums.

50%+1 was chosen, legislated for and the referendum conducted under those rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    scotland had a referrendum not long ago to see if they would stay part of the UK even though there parliment knew an EU referendum was on the cards its there own fault
    Please, they were threatened with losing their EU membership if they declared independence. That was one of the major reasons used to convince them not to go, along with threat of economic chaos and the carrot of increased powers.

Well, the increased powers carrot was reneged on almost as soon as the vote was cast in favour of stay.

Scotland is out of the EU anyway.

And we are heading into a recession as a result of Brexit, therefore economic chaos.

So all the reasons used to keep the Scots in last time are no longer valid.

You voted leave despite the Scottish leaders saying very clearly a leave vote would be used as the trigger for a referendum.

That has now happened. The end of the United Kingdom is on the heads of those who voted leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    It should have, but the British don't have much experience running referendums. 50%+1 was chosen, legislated for and the referendum conducted under those rules. - - - Updated - - - Please, they were threatened with losing their EU membership if they declared independence. That was one of the major reasons used to convince them not to go, along with threat of economic chaos and the carrot of increased powers. Well, the increased powers carrot was reneged on almost as soon as the vote was cast in favour of stay. Scotland is out of the EU anyway. And we are heading into a recession as a result of Brexit, therefore economic chaos. So all the reasons used to keep the Scots in last time are no longer valid.
    id rather be in a little ression than paying for EU bailouts such as greece for the 3rd time, cos the greeks dnt wanna take back there economy cos they think oh the EU will bail us out, remain or leave both have uncertainties, you cant say if we remained it will be all fine and when we leave it wont be fine but its better than staying in

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we should start a petition so that all future referendums would require a super majority of 70%.

Of course that will all but guarantee that a future vote to rejoin the EU would fail, likewise under such rules a second vote for Scottish independence would also fail.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Someone check on Malik, make sure he hasn't done Seppuku.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    oh the guy with fuck off england as his avatar yes i really want his opinion on this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    OT: i voted remain, but you cant just call a second vote and try to change the rules because your side lost imo, it was a fair vote, everyone had plenty of time to register and vote
    The leave campaign was riddled with lies and false promises. Most leavers were tricked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    The leave campaign was riddled with lies and false promises. Most leavers were tricked.
    fair as in, everyone had the opportunity to register and vote and to inform themselves, and the vote wasn't rigged. If you want to re-hold a vote every time one side lies, no votes would ever pass.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    He must commit Sudoku! I put that arrogant fool on ignore a while back, good not to read his stupid drivel.

To a degree, I think the example of Quebec can be used. So far, we've had two separate referendums for Quebec to leave Canada, one in 1980 and the other in 1995. Quebecers voted to remain in Canada both times (though the one in 1995 was ridiculously close). Canada has tried to legislate the criteria only after the fact, and we *still* don't know what the vote needed to separate is. Some say it's %50 +1, others say that the vote needs to be more substantial.

The separatist party in Quebec is still pushing for another referendum, more or less intent on keeping the trend going until they get the desired result.

I think that at some point the process needs to be finalized. You can't keep asking the same question over and over again because you don't like the previous answer. I'm still of mixed opinion on Brexit (though if I were British I would have voted Remain), but opening the same can of worms again will never let your country move forward. At some point you need to deal with the situation as is, and make the most of what the people voted for.

Deleted
    hahaahhaha, just like sadiq khan lied about the EU arrest warrant o nthe great debate and forgot to mention that a british citizen was left in a greek jail for 11 months to rot he forgot to mention that in the debate didnt he, yes leave said some lies but remain isnt an innocent angel either so just remember that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    He must commit Sudoku! I put that arrogant fool on ignore a while back, good not to read his stupid drivel.
    +1 internet for you

Deleted
    oh the guy with fuck off england as his avatar yes i really want his opinion on this
    i dont know why anyone even responds to that moron, just let him post his stuff and don't reply, he will tire himself out

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2016-07-10 at 03:11 PM.

Good. If Remain had won, any petitions for a revote would have found themselves put to the same use as toilet paper.

That has now happened. The end of the United Kingdom is on the heads of those who voted leave.
    Which should be a good thing from the perspective of leavers anyway. All their sovereignty and independence will be spread across a smaller area if UK shatters, resulting in higher condensation of sovereignty and independence and more of them per square mile.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-07-10 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Common sense has prevailed in Great Britain. Good to see.

Deleted
    i dont know why anyone even responds to that moron, just let him post his stuff and don't reply, he will tire himself out
    im glad im not the only one who thinks hes a idiot

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2016-07-10 at 03:11 PM.

Deleted
    OT: i voted remain, but you cant just call a second vote and try to change the rules because your side lost imo,
    Unless you live in Austria, that is! Sorry, I had to.

scotland had a referrendum not long ago to see if they would stay part of the UK even though there parliment knew an EU referendum was on the cards its there own fault
    Or, they can just make another one because their situation - and what's at stake - has drastically changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    id rather be in a little ression than paying for EU bailouts such as greece for the 3rd time, cos the greeks dnt wanna take back there economy cos they think oh the EU will bail us out, remain or leave both have uncertainties, you cant say if we remained it will be all fine and when we leave it wont be fine but its better than staying in
    Firstly, there is no such thing as a 'little recession'. That means we are all poorer, there is less money for investment and people will lose their jobs. You may lose your job. I may lose my job. We don't know how it will go, only that it will be unpleasant. Secondly, assuming that after committing the greatest act of economic self harm in peacetime that the following recession is going to be 'little' is, well, optimistic is one word I could use but delusional is probably more appropriate. This coming recession is going to sting. It's already wiped out everything we have already suffered under this Tory government in the hopes of eradicating the deficit. Six years of suffering for nothing.

They were not tricked. The Remain campaign was telling them pretty much the truth throughout the entire campaign. Leave voters who decided to ignore the remain campaign in favour of the lies of leave were well informed, they just chose to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Which should be a good thing from the perspective of leavers anyway. All their sovereignty and independence will be spread across a smaller area if UK shatters, resulting in more higher condensation of sovereignty and independence and more of them per square mile.
    I suppose that's important now that you mention it.

You've admitted you voted leave. You are the last person who will be able to lecture the Scots on making political moves everyone else labels economic insanity.
    By "everyone else", you really mean 'you' and those who share 'your opinion'.

The ftse has grown rapidly since brexit, proving that the idea of brexit has not damaged market growth in the short term whatsoever.

If entrepreneurs start setting up shop in Britain, Britain will start exporting more than it imports eventually, and the long term effects will be a massively strong pound.

Time will tell, but im afraid it has already been acknowledged that the economists who predicted instant demise by a leave win were wrong.

Which basically debunks any point you were thinking of making.

- - - Updated - - -

The remain camp spewed nonsense about the marketplace immediately collapsing.

The ftse is stronger than ever.

The remainers were lied to and tricked also.

Deleted
    they called themselfs the remainers, i think they should be called the remoaners cos there still bitching in some places that they lost seriously get over it move on you lost