Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    The context is obvious. They blame foreigners for their problems.
    Uh huh, and how does blaming foreign labor make us not a multicultural nation with 4 majority race/cultures?

Unless, you are counting labor as a culture now?
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-07-10 at 04:06 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

We have close to 50% minorities here. You don't see us having problems do you?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Other cultures are more misogynist than European culture. Europe will get more sexist, unless you assimilate them.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-10 at 04:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We have close to 50% minorities here. You don't see us having problems do you?
    US doesn't have issues?

It's like the world leader on social issues. Everybody is whining about something.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Something I often see is people criticizing multiculturalism in Europe (ironically usually from Americans) but I have to ask why? Why is multiculturalism suddenly bad? Granted I agree it isn't perfect and there's certain issues that may occur but some people (here) seemingly think it's the worst thing since pineapple on pizza.
    "Immigration brings multiculturalism, so multiculturalism must be bad! And I'm totally not xenophobic or racist!" *hides swastika under the carpet*

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Then this ''western'' culture must be weak judging by the whining.
    it is, has become since the 60s, and its losing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    "Immigration brings multiculturalism, so multiculturalism must be bad! And I'm totally not xenophobic or racist!" *hides swastika under the carpet*
    This is attacking the person, it isn't an argument as to why or how multiculturalism will increase prosperity in Europe.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-10 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It was a middle eastern country that had civil rights thousands of years ago.
    We do not live thousands of years ago, so how is this relevant? The Middle East was once the flower of civilisation, it has long since stomped that flower into the dirt.

Deleted
    British culture is a hodgepodge of those we invaded so I don't really see why it's suddenly bad. English culture is... what exactly? Tea and biscuits and dodgy meat pies? Celebrating the Queen's birthdays? Headbutting people at football matches?

There are large Sikh and Muslim populations in my area and for the most part everyone gets along just fine. Compromises have to be made, and general respect has to be practised by all sides, but if that can happen, most people regardless of demographic can get along just fine. That's not to say there aren't disagreements or conflicts, but culture as a whole progresses when it is challenged - some things are found to be irrelevant in this day and age and others find their place.

On the contrary, even I'm made to feel unwelcome in Norway (I visit the Rogaland area for natives), and I'm a white European.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    It's not about the food itself. It's about Swedes adapting to other cultures.
    Except it's fundamentally flawed. We can eat food and learn about other cultures without at the same time importing hundreds of thousands of near worthless "refugees". We can learn without actually having the people come here.

We didn't or don't need Greeks or Turks to learn to eat kebabs/gyros, we don't need to import Mexicans or Spanish people to eat Tacos just like we didn't have to import Asian people to learn to eat rice and sushi. So how much Syrian, Somali and Afghan food have you eaten lately?

Whatever are you people going to do when Zlatan stops playing football and the icon of successful immigration dies with him and his career.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    British culture is a hodgepodge of those we invaded so I don't really see why it's suddenly bad. English culture is... what exactly? Tea and biscuits and dodgy meat pies? Celebrating the Queen's birthdays? Headbutting people at football matches?

There are large Sikh and Muslim populations in my area and for the most part everyone gets along just fine. Compromises have to be made, and general respect has to be practised by all sides, but if that can happen, most people regardless of demographic can get along just fine. That's not to say there aren't disagreements or conflicts, but culture as a whole progresses when it is challenged - some things are found to be irrelevant in this day and age and others find their place.

On the contrary, even I'm made to feel unwelcome in Norway (I visit the Rogaland area for natives), and I'm a white European.
    Toleration and merely getting along are mediocre. European culture led to increasing secularism, agnosticism, and atheism, so why arent those Muslims changing their beliefs in significant amounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    US doesn't have issues?

It's like the world leader on social issues. Everybody is whining about something.
    The point is that while there may be plenty of ethnic tension in the US, none of it is what anyone would consider an existential threat to our community or our shared identity as Americans. Quite frankly, the kind of nativism and xenophobia that some Europeans are expressing these days is largely something that we got out of our system in the 19th century. If anything, Trump and his ilk are largely being prodded along by what they observe in Europe, and borrowing a lot of the rhetoric and trying to fit it into an American context, usually with no small amount of twisting of facts.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    people confuse multiracial with multicultural
    multicultural is not possible with all cultures.

The group with strongest in group preference will dominate the other through time, pressure and demographic aspects
    And you confuse multicultural and omnicultural.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Toleration and merely getting along are mediocre. European culture led to increasing secularism, agnosticism, and atheism, so why arent those Muslims changing their beliefs in significant amounts?
    Well that's just blatantly false. Europeans aggressively proselytized everywhere they went, and many of those places are more devoutly Christian today than Europe itself is.

Deleted
    Well... I can only speak anecdotally. But, they have in my experience. I've been invited multiple times into their Mosque for different events and a lot of younger Muslims here don't really care about the religion all that much - much like how Christianity faded away in recent times (Britain is officially post-Christian). There are a couple of Muslim women that use the same gym as me (at the same time), and the men have all but foregone all their dress code.

Of course, first generation migrants will hold to their beliefs more strongly, but integration of cultures takes generations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Well that's just blatantly false. Europeans aggressively proselytized everywhere they went, and many of those places are more devoutly Christian today than Europe itself is.
    I'm talking about the full continuation up til the present. You are talking about particular snapshots in history.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    And you confuse multicultural and omnicultural.
    that word isnt a thing
    just psycho babble

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Well... I can only speak anecdotally. But, they have in my experience. I've been invited multiple times into their Mosque for different events and a lot of younger Muslims here don't really care about the religion all that much - much like how Christianity faded away in recent times (Britain is officially post-Christian). There are a couple of Muslim women that use the same gym as me (at the same time), and the men have all but foregone all their dress code.

Of course, first generation migrants will hold to their beliefs more strongly, but integration of cultures takes generations.
    If polling shows their beliefs are becoming closer to the European average then that is a good sign European culture is winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Why would England suddenly becoming less culturally English be a good thing?
    Exactly. Imagine if a South American Union formed and suddenly Brazilians and Chileans for some reason start pouring into Mexico amid some crisis down on the southern continent. Suddenly Mexican culture begins to lose some of its charm and history as it all melds into one. Of course this isn't exactly an accurate analogy, considering most south americans have similar historical and ethnic backgrounds. In the case of England and the Middle East - those are two cultures that, while share a history, stand at polar opposites on the line for moral values.
    It's interesting to note the trend of the times which is to give up all understanding and fair reasoning in the case of white European societies. There has grown an innate concept of devilry associated with White cultures in the world, and that bias seems to be pushing multiculturalism even further out of control. Yes, we will all eventually be global, but I don't think anybody is quite ready for that just yet.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

I'm talking about the full continuation up til the present. You are talking about particular snapshots in history.
    European culture has had fuck all to do with spreading atheism, it's capitalism and consumerism that are mostly responsible for that. There are more atheists in China than the population of the entire Western world combined, but somehow I don't think you're going to be arguing for their cultural superiority over anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    So you fixed your problems with violent African Americans by putting them in jail and shooting them. And you say Shared identity as Americans. You might all be Americans, but you all segregate each other just as much as Europeans do into communities of different ethnicity.
    Nobody is saying that we're perfect, but we're working on our problems and getting better over time. Meanwhile, Europe is taking huge steps backward and becoming consumed by ethnic hatred even as you have very real economic and political problems bearing down on you that the migrants have had no hand in.
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2016-07-10 at 04:48 PM.