If you walk outside.. in a bad neighborhood.. at night.. flashing a phone and being unaware of your surroundings..

you don't deserve to be robbed, but you're a dumbass.

Use the buddy system for pokemon! One hunts, one is on watch for team rocket.. don't you know your pokemon!?

Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    Only in fucking America lol...
    You guys are so bad...
    Oh don't delude yourself. It'll come up everywhere else too.

I haven't touched Pokémon since the original games back in '95 but I saw this and jumped on the bandwagon. Downright fun, throw in some earbuds and just go meandering around the city. Kinda wish there was a map of all of the Pokestops in the fashion of Google Earth, would like to know which cities were worth my time and which aren't.

So my phone is a Samsung Galaxy 4 and pokemon go is not compatible with it. Honestly really? Why it's not compatible? Why? It has all the requirement it needs. Anyone else have this problem?

Apparently the kids in my town figured out I knew what I was doing.

I spent all morning just strolling around town, having kids come up to me and asking me questions.

Giving up on gyms for now in favor of collecting. The whole "can't kill it cause server" thing is a huge bummer, and a waste of resources.

I'm up to 18km walked since Friday. I'd be out now but it is pretty much a hellscape in this swamp beach region of Florida.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2016-07-10 at 06:22 PM.

Wow I went to the grocery store today and pulled out Pokemon Go app and I caught my first Pokemon! I have a few now. I'm wondering which ones are rare, so that I know to go catch them if I see them and not just laze around.

Also still not sure how battles work and which Pokemon to dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wow I went to the grocery store today and pulled out Pokemon Go app and I caught my first Pokemon! I have a few now. I'm wondering which ones are rare, so that I know to go catch them if I see them and not just laze around.

Also still not sure how battles work and which Pokemon to dump.
    Dump nothing. Evolves are worth exp, and all them pigeys and rats and wheedles evolve for 12 candies (3 catches). Do keep in mind as you level up, you will be catching things that are higher CP value.

Battles at gyms: tap to attack, swipe to dodge, hold to use special when bar is lit up.

Well, to clarify, I've been trasferring low cp dupes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poochyena123 View Post
    So my phone is a Samsung Galaxy 4 and pokemon go is not compatible with it. Honestly really? Why it's not compatible? Why? It has all the requirement it needs. Anyone else have this problem?
    I'm assuming you're trying to download it through the playstore, in which case the most likely explanation is that it isn't available in your country yet. The game only officially released in the States, Australia, New Zeeland and Japan. So it's not a device problem, but a regional lock.

You can either wait for it to become available in your country, or sideload the APK on your device from another source.

Where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I'm assuming you're trying to download it through the playstore, in which case the most likely explanation is that it isn't available in your country yet. The game only officially released in the States, Australia, New Zeeland and Japan. So it's not a device problem, but a regional lock.

You can either wait for it to become available in your country, or sideload the APK on your device from another source.

I'm in the US...sssoo...yea...playstore refuses to show it and went I go to the main page itll say "NOT COMPATIBLE TO THIS DEVICE VERSION" which is Android 4.4.2

Deleted
    I'm in the US...sssoo...yea...playstore refuses to show it and went I go to the main page itll say "NOT COMPATIBLE TO THIS DEVICE VERSION" which is Android 4.4.2
    Is your GPS kaput or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Should've expected to be geographically fucked because i live in a small town that isn't in the US. No pokestops within a 5km range.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a Galaxy Note 4 on Android 5.1.1. Maybe you need to update your firmware to a higher level. If you can't, that would explain your issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Should've expected to be geographically fucked because i live in a small town that isn't in the US. No pokestops within a 5km range.
    I think I read somewhere that they switched off the other servers. I live in London and there was nout near me when I gave it a quick go.

The official requirements are:

• Android 4.4 to Android 6.0.1 (Android N will be not supported until the official Android release)
    • Preferred resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels (Not optimized for tablet)

So there shouldn't be a reason why you shouldn't be able to download it from the store. If you run a custom rom I'd try another one or check if there are issues with store and the phone's detection. If you don't run it might be also due to the fact that S4 run android 5 these days so might consider upgrading the system.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Accidentally transferred my 300+ CP Pidgeot. Never playing this garbage game again...
    I'd cry if i transfered my 785 Jolteon.

- - - Updated - - -

I had it where my pokeballs hard curve left when i am trying to capture red quality pokemon.

My solution was: go in camera mode, put the pokemon almost off my screen and throw. it curves into them.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most new games don't support Android that old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    I think I read somewhere that they switched off the other servers. I live in London and there was nout near me when I gave it a quick go.
    The pokestops are on in the city, went there to do some shopping earlier but i shouldn't have to drive 5km to gain access to a Pokestop.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Everyone is talking about the game so I decided I'd try it at least. I couldn't find the game in store. Then I go directly to its main page. But for me it says it isn't available in my country? WTF? I live in Finland.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a jigglypuff today