Page 96 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Choosing another talent isn't going to remove the obnoxious orbs floating around everyone else. It's an eyesore.

Quote Originally Posted by ChenStormstout View Post
    Or you could just choose one of the other two talents. That's why it's a talent, it's optional. Also, numbers are still being tuned so don't worry about that too much.
    I mean, I guess I mentioned using the talent myself, but the main point of my post was how visually cluttered the order hall becomes when there are 10-15 OTHER people using that talent. I'm capable of swapping talents when I get to the order hall, but I can't swap other people's talents, and it bothers me a little seeing Chi Orbits all over. Not the biggest deal to some, but I really enjoy the aesthetics, music and feel of Monk areas, especially the order hall, and to me having all those green swirls around so many other players is visual pollution and ruins the feel for me. I can only imagine it will be worse on live than beta because of more people.

Again, I know this is very much not a big deal, but to me it is totally ruining the order hall, where I would otherwise very much like to idle. I know they won't, but I just wish blizz would make it so I don't have to see everyone's orbits in a non combat zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Dao View Post
    Choosing another talent isn't going to remove the obnoxious orbs floating around everyone else. It's an eyesore.
    Which just adds to the fact, that we should have a way to hide all friendly fire that isn't ground/targeting reticle based. Imagine how much FPS that would free up, how much easier it would be to see/enjoy this game if we could.

Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    but the main point of my post was how visually cluttered the order hall becomes when there are 10-15 OTHER people using that talent.
    I get your point on that. Honestly it's shit talent, absolutely uninteresting, and I hope it isn't the best damage wise.

I just hope that seeing all those Chi Orbs around people make you want to not play a monk. You see people on Reddit and MMOC say they're not playing a monk or ele shamans due to fist weapons and it pisses me off a bit. But in this case it's Chi Orbit. You shouldn't pick your class or spec based on something so stupid like looks or weapons, but rather on how the class plays and feels.
    Last edited by ChenStormstout; 2016-07-10 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    I mean, I guess I mentioned using the talent myself, but the main point of my post was how visually cluttered the order hall becomes when there are 10-15 OTHER people using that talent. I'm capable of swapping talents when I get to the order hall, but I can't swap other people's talents, and it bothers me a little seeing Chi Orbits all over. Not the biggest deal to some, but I really enjoy the aesthetics, music and feel of Monk areas, especially the order hall, and to me having all those green swirls around so many other players is visual pollution and ruins the feel for me. I can only imagine it will be worse on live than beta because of more people.

Again, I know this is very much not a big deal, but to me it is totally ruining the order hall, where I would otherwise very much like to idle. I know they won't, but I just wish blizz would make it so I don't have to see everyone's orbits in a non combat zone.
    I'm totally with you. At peak times on beta its ridiculous. I can only imagine all the unicorn vomit floating around everyone when it goes live. I also have no problem with the ability. It's good to have a passive option so long as the non-passives offer slightly better results (which I'm concerned might not be the case). I just wish it wasn't so crazy looking, or maybe if it disappeared or toned down in rested areas or something.

I get your point on that. Honestly it's shit talent, absolutely uninteresting, and I hope it isn't the best damage wise.

I just hope that seeing all those Chi Orbs around people make you want to not play a monk. You see people on Reddit and MMOC say they're not playing a monk or ele shamans due to fist weapons and it pisses me off a bit. But in this case it's Chi Orbit. You shouldn't pick your class or spec based on something so stupid like looks or weapons, but rather on how the class plays and feels.
    You make it sound so black and white, but honestly it is a package deal. Everything influences how much you enjoy the game, and I think it is fair to choose based on all of the factors. For example, if you would rate a DH 8/10 playstyle but a Monk 7.5/10, but you absolutely hate the aesthetic of elves and the way gear looks on them, hate the visual of glaive attacks, and hate losing all the reps and work you've put into your character, I would think that solidly puts Monk above DH despite enjoying playstyle of DH better. Similarly, if you are a world top 100 mythic raider or 2500+ arena player, any idiot who tells you "just play what you enjoy most" is a fool, your decision is based on more than just that if you want to, well, continue playing at the level you currently are. Your enjoyment is probably largely based on what is best in those situations anyway.

I agree that the people who are choosing not to play Ele or WW exclusively because of fist weapons are silly, but I think that for people who had two classes that they enjoyed similarly, that one extra factor is certainly fair enough to push them one way or another. Honestly, I can't say I enjoy WW so much more than, say, Enh or Havoc DH, they all feel good in some ways and bad in others, just different. And class hall aesthetics/artifact aesthetics is actually a pretty significant factor in how I am making my decision.
    Last edited by v1perz53; 2016-07-10 at 08:56 PM.

I don't get how people can complain about Chi Orbit when we already have giant dragon/gronn mounts covering all the screen in far worse manner.

Hell, even in combat chi orbit is nothing compared to the clutter BM hunters, unholy DK's, and demo warlocks are creating for melee.

I know, some people don't like the look. But if it gets turned into these puny little orbs, all visual flair from WW will be gone.

I despise WDP with its current awful animation, it's a showcase of WoW's technical limitations at its worst when a character is stiff jumping into the air, spinning in the air like a slab of stone and not even making a punching animation.

WDP is essentially a recycle of Spinning Crane Kick mid air with some FoF effects reused while your character does nothing.

Just looking at WDP reminds me how superior Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, and Wildstar are animations wise. WoW's age shows.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-07-10 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I don't get how people can complain about Chi Orbit when we already have giant dragon/gronn mounts covering all the screen in far worse manner.

Hell, even in combat chi orbit is nothing compared to the clutter BM hunters, unholy DK's, and demo warlocks are creating for melee.

I know, some people don't like the look. But if it gets turned into these puny little orbs, all visual flair from WW will be gone.

I despise WDP with its current awful animation, it's a showcase of WoW's technical limitations at its worst when a character is stiff jumping into the air, spinning in the air like a slab of stone and not even making a punching animation.

WDP is essentially a recycle of Spinning Crane Kick mid air with some FoF effects reused while your character does nothing.
    I don't mind Chi Orbit in combat, because there is already so much going on there. Not the biggest fan of how far around you they spread and how they move when you do, but not too bad. What I do mind is Chi orbit in rested areas like the class hall. At least with Gronn/Dragon mounts they are static when you aren't moving (aside from some idle animations giving them some variety and a feeling of life), and there is variety in that not everyone is using the same one. But in the order hall, there are 20-30 spots with the same irritating green spinning orb graphics all over, even if they are afk or whatever. There is so much motion associated with it and it is the exact same for ever person, and it has this very stiff fixed orbit that just looks bad. You can't enjoy the atmosphere or scenery of the hall, because there are these green spinning orbs all over. It is one of the few visual effects that is present with a lot of motion even on an AFK player, and thats the only part that annoys me.

So no, I don't want them to change the animation, I would just like it to not show in a rested area or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Which just adds to the fact, that we should have a way to hide all friendly fire that isn't ground/targeting reticle based. Imagine how much FPS that would free up, how much easier it would be to see/enjoy this game if we could.
    I remember someone asking for that early in the Alpha concidering Flashy Spellanimation (RJW, FrostDK AOE) and Melee clutter (Surv going melee, new Melee class, Mutliple Pets per Player).

Some Dev said that they were looking into this and reducing the clutter or add an option to turn stuff down/off.

Anyone knows what is going on with than? Was it another false promise?
    Last edited by Uriel; 2016-07-10 at 09:54 PM.

You make it sound so black and white
    For me it is pretty black and white. I choose gameplay and feel of a class over aesthetics. Others may not agree with me and that's fine.

Similarly, if you are a world top 100 mythic raider or 2500+ arena player, any idiot who tells you "just play what you enjoy most" is a fool, your decision is based on more than just that if you want to, well, continue playing at the level you currently are. Your enjoyment is probably largely based on what is best in those situations anyway.
    I agree with you on the fact if you are in the high end mythic raiders or PvPers you shouldn't just take feel and gameplay into consideration. You want results, I get that. I don't know how everyone plays the game and I don't expect you or anyone else to know how I play. My point of view is from someone who is definitely more casual when it comes to WoW.

And class hall aesthetics/artifact aesthetics is actually a pretty significant factor in how I am making my decision.
    You and I aren't going to see eye to eye on this. As we are two different types of players. You value aesthetics more than gameplay, while I prefer the opposite. That's fine though play the game and make decision how you want too.

Deleted
    He doesn't value aesthetics more than game play, he values aesthetics enough to affect his decision in light of good game play.

Then the obvious solution is to ask for graphical settings that toggle off other people's effects except your own character's, instead of screwing people who do like their animation by forcibly turning it off in an area.

Chi Orbit is virtually the only visually new thing WW got:

1- No animation updates for fist weapons. Or for any of our skills, unlike other melee.

2- Fist weapons invisible outside of autoattacking/FoF. Our artifacts are hideous and quite frankly even less elaborate than ToT fists or the challenge mode ones.

3- No new talent spells outside WDP, which is a horrendous spell that recycles animations from multiple sources. All our talents are the same old.

4- Strike of the Windlord is a pitifully bland animation with barely noticeable effects and a recycled animation.

So, yeah, I don't want the only new visual thing we received to be muted.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-07-10 at 11:38 PM.

Then the obvious solution is to ask for graphical settings that toggle off other people's effects except your own character's, instead of screwing people who do like their animation by forcibly turning it off in an area.

Chi Orbit is virtually the only visually new thing WW got:

1- No animation updates for fist weapons. Or for any of our skills, unlike other melee.

2- Fist weapons invisible outside of autoattacking/FoF. Our artifacts are hideous and quite frankly even less elaborate than ToT fists or the challenge mode ones.

3- No new talent spells outside WDP, which is a horrendous spell that recycles animations from multiple sources. All our talents are the same old.

4- Strike of the Windlord is a pitifully bland animation with barely noticeable effects and a recycled animation.

Man that's depressing, only new visual attached to such a boring and lazily designed talent. Gg blizz gg

You and I aren't going to see eye to eye on this. As we are two different types of players. You value aesthetics more than gameplay, while I prefer the opposite. That's fine though play the game and make decision how you want too.
    You again didn't address pretty much the main point. What I said exactly was "Honestly, I can't say I enjoy WW so much more than, say, Enh or Havoc DH, they all feel good in some ways and bad in others, just different. And class hall aesthetics/artifact aesthetics is actually a pretty significant factor in how I am making my decision." So, with GAMEPLAY BEING EQUAL, class hall/artifact appearance is factored into the decision.

Obviously an option to turn off other people's effects is preferred. But I think turning off the visual in towns/areas where you get rested XP would be a reasonable compromise. Those who like the visuals can see it in the world while doing things, those who are bothered by it don't have to be assaulted by the visual in towns. I can't imagine anyone (other than maybe you it seems) would be upset by having this "visually new thing" turned off in towns, and I know of many people who would welcome it, but I've been wrong before.

7+ Year Old Account

Looks are an important part to picking your class/spec... if it wasn't then there wouldn't be different looking tier gear for each class since you say it doesn't matter we should all get the same looking set of gear.

the look of the class is like picking your race... if you don't like female tauren then chances are your not gonna like your character if it is one.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I run the Dragon Punch talent speicifically because of the shit-tier gaudy special effects of the orb talent. Im just keeping my fingers crossed that we will get some cosmetic glyphs that allow Monks to tone down the over the top visuals of Chi-Orb (and RJW).

Ultimately, i care more about MW and BrM than WW, but seeing dozens of other monks running around with Chi-Orb is annoying as hell. There really isnt even any reason we should be seeing someone elses orbs. It just reeks of poor implementation.

It's the chi orbit trails that bugs me, I would prefer just the orbs.

But I'd take it over the shitty dragon punch kick thing animation any day.

WW has gotten shit treatment in general from blizz for wod.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets try to keep discussion to Windwalkers in Legion, and away from discussing why or why not someone should choose to play they way they play.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    That's clinging to the smallest thing possible
    Actually, It's pretty sad that the only new thing we got is this pathetic excuse for a lvl 100 talent. But then again, least played spec in the game.

also, don't forget that BM and MW got that cool staff animation.

Deleted
    Hey Baby, i just read ur ticket on your website, great job as alway, do you know if Galeburst bonus dmg will work before or after the mastery?