Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkalz7 View Post
    Mexican and latina are close enough you can't even tell the difference most of the time unless you speak the language. But as I am black, and grew up around black people, she doesn't sound black at all.
    Not at all, i live in miami and i'm cuban. We all have different accents, venezuelans, cubans, puerto ricans, colombians, mexicans, all speak with different accents. When a ghetto black person is trying to speak "proper" english they sound exactly like mexicans do, especially females.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Pretty much what I'm thinking.

Pull the brat out by the arm and be done with it, would be my next course of action, if yelling for her to get out, for over 5 mins, wasn't enough.
    I'd have called the cops on her. Let her get her ass pulled out for trespassing because that's exactly what it is.

Looks like just another case of an idiot trying to claim their 15 minutes of fame due to the "abuse suffered by someone else."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I don't know about her situation...so I can't comment on her options. She asked to be taken to the ER so the one assumption I will make is that she has some kind of medical issue that needs attention. Whether that issue affects her mobility I do not know, nor will i speculate upon it. She doesn't seem to know exactly where she is nor how to get to the ER entrance. I probably would just leave the vehicle myself though. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to be stranded somewhere unfamiliar either. She does seem to be snarky...but he's having a full blown meltdown.
    He is having a meltdown I agree, but I'm guessing if she was disabled in some way she would have used that as leverage in her argument, so I'm going to assume she could move just fine. I don't see being dropped off at a hospital as being stranded... especially when she asked tob e taken to the hospital.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Man you must be a robot to never lose your cool. How did you lose your humanity? I would like to get the procedure too.
    child hood trauma can cause that
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    He's an uber driver. According to his phone he reached his destination, he didn't owe her anything else. What makes you think he has all the answers she doesn't? Maybe he thought he was exactly where she needed to be, and she was just being difficult. Maybe he didn't know where the ER entrance was, and thought the hospital entrance was good enough. Point is, he did his job.
    ER entrances aren't exactly hidden.

But like I said, even if he technically driven her to her destination, what does 30 more sec cost? A better review, bigger tip, or 3 min on youtube and his job? Doing a service job isn't about "what you owe" to the customer, its about providing adequate services to the customer. Sometimes that means dealing with scumbag customers, had to call the woman a scumbag just from the video, if that means making things better for yourself in the long run.

Be diplomatic, get the job done. Go about your way. He failed to be diplomatic.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I said 10-15 min...

20-30 if you're being...slow
    this hospital was obviously partially elevated via large square poles so she would of just had to walk under and on the side of the building

Uber seems to have a different opinion
    Just because it's your right to do something it doesn't mean there will be no consequences. He can lose his job, but that's about everything that will happen. Freedom of speech hasn't prevented a lot of people from being fired when they shared their opinions and views on controversial topics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Just because it's your right to do something it doesn't mean there will be no consequences. He can lose his job, but that's about everything that will happen. Freedom of speech hasn't prevented a lot of people from being fired when they shared their opinions and views on controversial topics.
    uber has not fired him..yet.. they merely had no real comment about what happened the dailymail claimed
    and the way they worded it they were looking into doing something about how she behaved
    because they don't know what happened before the video

10+ Year Old Account
    Asked my cousin who ubers as a second job what he would've done. He said he would have just drove her the to the entrance, told her to get the hell out, and been on to his next fare. How hard is that? Annoying customers are part of the service industry, suck it up.

Asked my cousin who ubers as a second job what he would've done. He said he would have just drove her the to the entrance, told her to get the hell out, and been on to his next fare. How hard is that? Annoying customers are part of the service industry, suck it up.
    Someone with SJ Champion signature, that has been defending this obnoxious harpy the entire thread, has a cousin that would go extra lengths, doing extra work that he wouldn't need to, just to appease a minority person that had been rude\condescending to him the entire trip? Color me surprised.

I never claimed anything other than losing his job would happen (which seems likely). I'm not even saying she's a good person. All I am saying is, based on the video, he did not conduct himself like a professional should.

Maybe, in the days to come, we'll see a different video that puts the whole situation in a new light. I'm not afraid to change my views when more information comes to light. But, as I see it right now, the whole situation could have and should have been handled much better than it was.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uber seems to have a different opinion
    To be fair, it would bad PR not to say something like that. They don't actually say they are going to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    You can give everyone smart phones but they will still be GODDAMN MORONS!
    Why be smart when your phone can do it for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone with SJ Champion signature, that has been defending this obnoxious harpy the entire thread, has a cousin that would go extra lengths, doing extra work that he wouldn't need to, just to appease a minority person that had been rude\condescending to him the entire trip? Color me surprised.
    Did we see her being rude to him? I know I didn't. All I see is a man wasting his time and money on driving an extra 500 ft tops.

If he had that much pride that he couldn't drive 500 more feet and if she was being a dick the entire ride then how come he didn't terminate it earlier?

Did we see her being rude to him? I know I didn't. All I see is a man wasting his time and money on driving an extra 500 ft tops.

If he had that much pride that he couldn't drive 500 more feet and if she was being a dick the entire ride then how come he didn't terminate it earlier?
    He is clearly a racist and a liar!

10+ Year Old Account
    He is clearly a racist and a liar!
    Nah, just irrational.

Not at all, i live in miami and i'm cuban. We all have different accents, venezuelans, cubans, puerto ricans, colombians, mexicans, all speak with different accents. When a ghetto black person is trying to speak "proper" english they sound exactly like mexicans do, especially females.
    You can tell when someone who doesn't speak "proper" is trying too. I've heard it countless times and you can tell because it sounds forced. She didn't sound like that imo just extremely calm. But either way unless you have real evidence that she's just a ghetto black girl we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    If she didn't say where at the hospital she wanted to go prior to arriving then yeah obviously the guy would probably be pissed. Something happened before she started filming as well. I don't know what. She could have been having him drive in circles. She could have been arguing with him. She could have done another number of things. Who the hell knows? It's his car. If he wants her out she should get out.

Why is she calling an uber to go to the emergency room anyway?
    Cus ambulances are about 4k$ a ride?

Nah, just irrational.
    I agree. A rational person would gladly babysit a bratty minority individual. Thank Hillary (I reckon God would be too offensive) for this brave soul for exposing this bigoted, bearded, White-Devil of a man!

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Why didn't he just drag her out lol?

Seems like two idiots found each other.
    100% guarantee that he will be charged with something that isnt true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Cus ambulances are about 4k$ a ride?
    Really? Wow, I pity the american insurance system.