Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Ahh, A classic case of "Tall Poppy Syndrome", hate on anything that is successful or on its way to being successful.. It is really sad when you have people like this.. But as seeing who the poster is not surprised one little bit at their negativity..

- - - Updated - - -

As in my other post they have a classic case of "Tall Poppy Syndrome" where they hate anything that is a success or on its way to being successful..
    No, just dumb shit. I like Game of Thrones and that's successful. Also the movie is not on it's way to being successful. It MIGHT make 70m in dvd sales but that would just stop it from losing money. It bombed, I called that it would, therefore I'm happy. See? Positivity!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    No, just dumb shit. I like Game of Thrones and that's successful. Also the movie is not on it's way to being successful. It MIGHT make 70m in dvd sales but that would just stop it from losing money. It bombed, I called that it would, therefore I'm happy. See? Positivity!
    Considering that Warcraft is to some extent the most original film to come out of Hollywood in the last 5 years, and about the only place it did not do well was in the US and well we all know why.. When you have Hollywood rehashing, rebooting, retreading pretty much every movie out there..

Look at what they did to Ghostbusters a classic movie now made into a travesty with the new version, Terminator: Genesys a complete wreck of the original.. The Total Recall reboot was garbage, there are many more classic movies ruined with reboots/rehashing..

Hollywood has had very few if at all original ideas of late what with this need to remake already existing movies..

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    A fun bonus on the Sunday news for the 37% of users playing Pokemon Go. (I'm a little sad it isn't higher)
    It's not out in big parts of the world, maybe that's why? I'd love to play, but waiting for release

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It's not out in big parts of the world, maybe that's why? I'd love to play, but waiting for release
    The movie is doing much better than i expected. Mostly thanks to China.

It's now ranked #205 in All Time Worldwide Box Office. Not bad, if you consider how many Movies there are. And it can easily go a bit higher, since there are many Movies with about the same Number.

A fun bonus on the Sunday news for the 37% of users playing Pokemon Go. (I'm a little sad it isn't higher)
    It's not out everywhere. (and not for Windows Phone at all D: )

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Pokemon Go mania infects mmo champ main page poll. ughhhh
    we need a pokemon go thread section :P
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Considering that Warcraft is to some extent the most original film to come out of Hollywood in the last 5 years, and about the only place it did not do well was in the US and well we all know why.. When you have Hollywood rehashing, rebooting, retreading pretty much every movie out there..

Look at what they did to Ghostbusters a classic movie now made into a travesty with the new version, Terminator: Genesys a complete wreck of the original.. The Total Recall reboot was garbage, there are many more classic movies ruined with reboots/rehashing..

Hollywood has had very few if at all original ideas of late what with this need to remake already existing movies..
    Warcraft isn't original it's a Warhammer ripoff.

Deleted
    DO NOT buy the G502, this mouse is absolute garbage. It has a double clicking issue, sending it back and receiving a new mouse every 3 months... each one of these mouse will end up double clicking on either left or right button. No exceptions at all thus far. Worst mouse I ever got because of this issue.

I'm glad it isn't higher.

Not because I hate it, I just don't get it. And the more people who go on about it the more out of touch I feel; it's not the game itself, more the increasing alienation I feel.

- - - Updated - - -

Those reboots aren't good but they don't ruin the classic movies, last I checked they're still intact and just fine.

I'm probably reading that wrong but are we all getting the transmog helms or only if we purchased, then they're added?

10+ Year Old Account
    People still use a DVD Player in their PC?

Deleted
    LOL. Yeah, Warhammer totally invented all this orcs and dwarves and RPG and Fantasy shit. D&D had nothing to do with it, and Tolkien had nothing to do it or any other of the 20th century predecessors. It was all a Warhammer original idea. Come to think of it, Warhammer probaby invented all of Science Fiction as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Backjauer View Post
    I'm glad it isn't higher.

Not because I hate it, I just don't get it. And the more people who go on about it the more out of touch I feel; it's not the game itself, more the increasing alienation I feel.

- - - Updated - - -

Those reboots aren't good but they don't ruin the classic movies, last I checked they're still intact and just fine.
    Yep it turns out ghostbusters being made somehow didn't make me enjoy seeing hateful eight and revenant less this year.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the game is a clone of Warhammer, if I remember right (not entirely sure) when Blizz asked Games Workshop if they could do a Warhammer game and they were told no.. So they made some slight changes and in the end we got Warcraft and WoW..

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    LOL. Yeah, Warhammer totally invented all this orcs and dwarves and RPG and Fantasy shit. D&D had nothing to do with it, and Tolkien had nothing to do it or any other of the 20th century predecessors. It was all a Warhammer original idea. Come to think of it, Warhammer probaby invented all of Science Fiction as well.
    You're not too bright are you? Here's a tip, I was comparing video games. You should look into how Warcraft was made and it's relation to Warhammer then get back to me. Of course I could say the Warcraft movie was a Lord of the Rings ripoff and go straight to the source but the critics already did that.

Of course I could say the Warcraft movie was a Lord of the Rings ripoff and go straight to the source but the critics already did that.
    Well yeah, you could say that, but then the only way that comparison could even be attempted would be if you didn't even see the movie, a single trailer or have a very, very very broad definition of "rip off" . Even stretching it as far as possible, the only resemblance is the presence of Orcs, Elves, Dwarves etc, and as much as I love Tolkien, he didn't invent those things, and just having them present doesn't make it a rip off.

And I mean yeah for the games, the Warhammer-Warcraft link exists, but it's very clearly its own entity at this point, with the exception of the Orcs being green and a few other surface aesthetic similarities, everything else is completely different. WC1 and 2 are so far removed from what Warcraft is at this point. Even WC2 really distances itself from its Warhammer roots.
    Last edited by elvor0; 2016-07-11 at 10:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It didn't bomb if it breaks even. Bombing would be losing $200mil.

There's only one way to deal with guys like Shudder, just ignore him.

For the people not playing Pokemon Go yet, you can do a fast google search for pokemon go on iphone and you will find a guide on how to get it if it's not released in your region yet. I did it and I'm now playing it here in Denmark.

Anything that can keep me from sinking more time into the Legion Beta is welcome, Legion is by far the best expansion yet, just hate to play this much and have to start all over when it goes live
    For people without Beta access: you are in for a treat!!

Deleted
    I think you should look up what the definition of "bombed" is. Warcraft didn't bomb. It just did poorly DOMESTICALLY. It has made a respectable amount worldwide. After home release sales are factored in, it's definitely enough for a sequel. Not to mention this message by the Chinese Box Office, which strongly hints at a sequel:

And just saying, just because some website claims that Warcraft needed $500m to make a profit, doesn't necessarily mean they're right. Unless it comes from Legendary themselves, I wouldn't put much belief into it. I read on another website that it actually needed $450m. And considering it's made over $430m so far from theatrical runs alone, with home media sales still to come, I think it's safe to say that we will be getting a sequel.

To end my reply, I just wonder why you are the way you are, that you want things to fail. Why would you want anything to fail? Especially a film adaptation of the game franchise you must enjoy playing (as you are on this site). I concur with a previous user's observation that you mustn't have gotten enough hugs as a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    430 million worldwide box office is not a bomb.

It's only a bomb by the standards of some asspulled "needs 500 million to break even" meme invented by "analysts". The movie was good (not great), it made a ton of money (except in the US, due to RT shitflinging campaign + bad marketing), and it will most certainly get several sequels with 100+ million budgets.

I have no idea what Game of Thrones has to do with this movie, that's like comparing Boardwalk Empire to Indiana Jones, because they both take place in the 1930s. GoT is grimdark in all ways, Warcraft is bright fantasy world which tends to have tragedies.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!