Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[WA2][Guardian]Frenzied Regen Tracker

Post remake is in the works. RL and Legion launch have been crazy.

Hey.
    As I mentioned in the Guardian Legion thread, I have put together a WA2 Group to track Frenzied Regen.

It only works on all versions of the game, now that the 7.0.3 prepatch is live.

Uses WeakAuras 2 - Legion.

Versions which use estimated Mythic damage values as the max value for the bars:

Import String (Full version - v1.3 Alpha - Released 20160725)

Import String (Lite version, healing bar only - v1.0 Alpha - Released 20160725)
    -----
    Versions which use your current health as the max values - MaxHealth * 1.25 for healing bar, MaxHealth for damage taken per second bar.
    Useful for timewalking, and may be useful if you think that the current mythic-style max damage values are too high.
    Thank you to @oswarlan for this idea.

Import String (Full version - Relative health - v1.0 alpha - Released 20160728)

Import String (Lite version, healing bar only - Relative health - v1.0 alpha - Released 20160728)

Import String (Lite percentage version, healing bar only - Relative health - v1.0 alpha - Released 20160801)

----
    Ultralite version - only shows the FR icon with the current heal number on it.
    Import String (Ultralite version - v1.0 alpha - Released 20160731)
    ----
    Yet another version, because why the hell not.
    Lite version, percentage bar (max is max HP, no modifier) - Green below 10%, Yellow between 10 and 30, Red above 30.
    Tiny indicator bars, arranged horizontally from top to bottom, showing damage per second.

Import string - V1.0 - release - released 20160708.

This is the version that I run with.
    Screenshots:

This one also stores the heal percentage in a global value: WA_GRELORNE_PERCENTAGE_HEAL.
    I haven't tried accessing it from other WA's, but it should be doable.

There are some known WA2 issues with class/spec specific loading of weakauras.
    If the weakaura doesn't load, uncheck the class/spec requirements and /reload. You can check them again after the inital load.
    Thanks to @Younggunn187 for testing this.

The import strings have a lot of custom functions, these keep track of:
    • Damage you have taken.
    • Create a table to hold these damage values and their timestamps.
    • Iterate through the table to find the correct values, and delete the entries that are of no interest to us anymore.
    • Iterate through your artifact to find values for the Wildflesh perk. An unmount/remount of an event takes place here, to prevent the
      artifact display from opening when you zone into the game.

Features:

Green bar: How much will FR heal for. Takes Versatility and Mastery into account. Minimum healing is: ((5% of maxhealth) * versatility) * Mastery. The Wildflesh perk and the Guardian of Elune buff is managed as well.
    If you only want this bar, download the Lite version.

Red Bar with DT5S title: Damage taken in the last five seconds (duh ) This is included, but not set to load. You can load it if you feel like seeing that number/bar.

Numbered Red Bars: Damage taken in second N. It's a way to "gamble" the FR, so you trigger it before a big hit has fallen off the FR stack.

Before combat:

During combat:

I've set the cap on the damage taken in five seconds bar to 5.000.000 damage, based on a couple of mythic raid testing logs from the Beta.
    The FR Heal bar has a max of 2.5 million, and the individual seconds have a cap of a million each.

If these are terrible assumptions, please let me know. I only perused very few logs to get data points, and I don't have Beta access.

TODO:
    • Incorporate Tier 19 set bonus.
    • (Low priority) Maybe change the trigger from UNIT_HEALTH, since it causes odd update problems from time to time.
    • (Low priority) Create a list of healing debuffs, make sure that they interact correctly with the predicted value.

Try it, post your comments here.
    This is my first attempt at an advanced Weakaura, so there are bound to be a couple of issues

Revision history
    V1.0 - Initial Release
    V1.1 - Spell/ability damage is now calculated correctly.
    V1.2 - Guardian of Elune buff is now calculated into the predicted amount. DT5S bar disabled, still included in case some people want the damage count.
    V1.3 - The Wildflesh artifact perk is now in the calculation.
    All the different variations of the bars use these basic calculations.
    Ultralite version released.
    Percentage version with color coding and tiny indicators released.
    Last edited by Ooshraxa; 2016-09-02 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Why do you need the DT5s bar? Do i not have all the information I need for the healing one, since that is the one I really care about?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoji View Post
    Why do you need the DT5s bar? Do i not have all the information I need for the healing one, since that is the one I really care about?
    Good point. A bunch of the main calculations take place in the DT5S bar, so unloading it would be unwise
    I could move the main calculations to the healing bar, as it will be the last one that you disable.

- - - Updated - - -

There's an issue with the WA - it's calculating way too much damage from spells/abilities.
    Melee hits look fine, just need to figure out why those types of damage makes it spaz out.

I tried importing this and it just simply doesn't show.

Quote Originally Posted by Elamahpla View Post
    Will look into this, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Loaded just fine for me (obviously) - were you in Guardian spec when you tried?

Yes, I tried updating the version of WA I'm using on beta, tried changing specs then back to Guardian. Also tried deleting other WA's to see if that would help. No luck

Yes, I tried updating the version of WA I'm using on beta, tried changing specs then back to Guardian. Also tried deleting other WA's to see if that would help. No luck
    Odd. I'll make a new test druid and import it from scratch.
    Thanks a lot for testing, it's always good to have outside help

V1.2 is out, now with Guardian of Elune support.
    Last edited by Ooshraxa; 2016-07-12 at 07:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You sir, are f'n awesome! Thank you ♥
    I've been hoping someone would come up with something like this, and by how it looks, you've nailed it.
    Will install and test some a lil later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    You sir, are f'n awesome! Thank you ♥
    I've been hoping someone would come up with something like this, and by how it looks, you've nailed it.
    Will install and test some a lil later.
    Thanks! I just got Beta access, so I'll be able to test it with a fresh install. Hopefully I can figure out why it won't load for @Elamahpla

- - - Updated - - -

Did a clean "Install" as the first thing on the Beta server:

* Downloaded the WA2 zip, unzipped it into the Addons directory. I have no other addons installed at all.
    * Copy/pasted the WA2 string, went out and got hit by some mobs. It loads and behaves correctly.

I can't really figure out why it won't load for you, @Elamahpla. Sorry

ill pop on tonight and test it again w/ fresh WA install on beta

- - - Updated - - -

Update: 'fresh' WA install, did nothing. Downloaded bugsack/buggrabber (had some LUA errors fro the WA after importing it) and then it started working, but not fully.

Long time lurker here. Made an account just to say thank you for making this WA. Works flawless for me.

Curious if you plan on adding artifact trait:wildflesh into the healing bar calculation?

Thanks a ton
    Last edited by Younggunn187; 2016-07-18 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Good point. A bunch of the main calculations take place in the DT5S bar, so unloading it would be unwise
    I could move the main calculations to the healing bar, as it will be the last one that you disable.
    I definitely see the use in the second based bars.
    EX: You take damage. 3 seconds pass. You then know you have exactly 2 seconds before you need to use FR, if you're planning on using it and you're not dipping too low.

Thanks for the weakaura.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggunn187 View Post
    Long time lurker here. Made an account just to say thank you for making this WA. Works flawless for me.

Curious if you plan on adding artifact trait:wildflesh into the healing bar calculation?

Thanks a ton
    Will definitely look at that once I get my beta groove on - haven't really had time to play recently, except for testing the not-loading error.

- - - Updated - - -

ill pop on tonight and test it again w/ fresh WA install on beta

- - - Updated - - -

Update: 'fresh' WA install, did nothing. Downloaded bugsack/buggrabber (had some LUA errors fro the WA after importing it) and then it started working, but not fully.
    I get some errors as well, but those are from the main WA install - a trigger handler gone awry or somesuch.
    Once we get a stable WA2 up and running (this may already be the case, I'll check later today), I'll look into all of this. Issue is not dead, I promise you

- - - Updated - - -

I looked into the Wildflesh trait (thank you, level 110 PvP server), and the calculation for the minvalue is simple:
    (((Maxhealth/100)*5) + Wildflesh percentage) + Versatility + Mastery

Getting the Wildflesh value quite is another beast - it actually requires an open Artifact UI before I can iterate through the perks to find it.
    I can probably get around this (if Weakauras are allowed to do it) with some sneaky unregister/register of the Artifact UI events, but I have to be very clear about what the code does.

There have been some nasty examples of malicious code unregistering events and creating a new modified event handler for executing remote code, so I can understand if people are weary about importing a weakaura which messes about with events.

Unfortunately, there is no other way of calculating this correctly - short of hardcoding a 15% value, and then assuming that everyone will rush the perk
    Last edited by Ooshraxa; 2016-07-18 at 09:44 PM.

Will this work in the 7.0.3 prepatch?

So I've gotten this to work 'pretty well', but it has a flaw that I can't manage to hammer out myself. See, I want it to show a dynamic amount of healing / max healing, based on my hp pool. Better visual indicator of how much healing I will get vs 'full hp bar', and it, currently, is almost worthless beyond the raw #s in timewalking, since health pools are lower.

So I looked into the code, and changed it fairly easily, from the default values, to:

Code:
    WA_GRELORNE_MAX_FR_VALUE = (UnitHealthMax("player")) * 1.25
    WA_GRELORNE_DAMAGE_CAP_PER_SECOND = (UnitHealthMax("player"))
    and that was nearly perfect, but it has a flaw, it doesn't update dynamically, at least as far as I was getting, since the trigger to run this bit of code is :
    Code:
    PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD
    So I tried, having it run that on UNIT_HEALTH, UNIT_MAXHEALTH, and a handful of other events, but THAT would cause the 5 'second' bars to stop updating the 'bar' and the 'damage taken' values.

Any advice on how to iron out this bug of mine?

I love this, thank you very much. I wish I could understand LUA and write one.

How can I reference the FR heal value from this WA calculation in another WA? Say I want pop up an icon if the FR heal value is over 250k.

Quote Originally Posted by oswarlan View Post
    So I've gotten this to work 'pretty well', but it has a flaw that I can't manage to hammer out myself. See, I want it to show a dynamic amount of healing / max healing, based on my hp pool. Better visual indicator of how much healing I will get vs 'full hp bar', and it, currently, is almost worthless beyond the raw #s in timewalking, since health pools are lower.

So I looked into the code, and changed it fairly easily, from the default values, to:

Code:
    WA_GRELORNE_MAX_FR_VALUE = (UnitHealthMax("player")) * 1.25
    WA_GRELORNE_DAMAGE_CAP_PER_SECOND = (UnitHealthMax("player"))
    and that was nearly perfect, but it has a flaw, it doesn't update dynamically, at least as far as I was getting, since the trigger to run this bit of code is :
    Code:
    PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD
    So I tried, having it run that on UNIT_HEALTH, UNIT_MAXHEALTH, and a handful of other events, but THAT would cause the 5 'second' bars to stop updating the 'bar' and the 'damage taken' values.

Any advice on how to iron out this bug of mine?
    Neat! I only thought of it in terms of max DTPS in mythic raid terms, hence why I used a static value.
    I'll look into your bug after I push out the new version, sometime tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by irregardless View Post
    I love this, thank you very much. I wish I could understand LUA and write one.

How can I reference the FR heal value from this WA calculation in another WA? Say I want pop up an icon if the FR heal value is over 250k.
    Right now, the value is local, so it disappears once I return the value to the bar. I can return it to a global value and give you the name - then I think that you could reference it from all other weakauras.

I'll test it once I've gotten the last tests done on the Wildflesh calculations - I managed to extract the rank and calculate the multiplier - it works fine on a premade 110 PvP char with 3/3 in the perk.
    All that remains is that I test it on my level 100 beta bear. He just completed the artifact quest, and have no points in the perk.
    But right now, it's time for sleep

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Semperfi1982 View Post
    Will this work in the 7.0.3 prepatch?
    Sorry for not responding sooner - yes, it will work. I did the main part of the programming on the PTR, on that specific patch.

Deleted
    Would also love a Lite version of this just showing the FR heal amount, ill pay you in cookies if you could magic one together.

Great job overall!

As a personal preference, I like damage taken every second showed in the form of vertical bars, making it visually more easy to follow but I would prefer if the healing part of the aura could be shown only as a number (value). I feel that having it shown as a bar doesn't bring anything from a practical standpoint and on the contrary may be a bit distracting with everything else you have to monitor anyway.

There is something weird with this WA. Took me a while to get it to show up, not really sure what I did. I imported it a lot and then after a relaunch it worked, until the next time I launched WoW, then it stopped showing up again.