Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    snip[/IMG]
    lol this is not america....No one here runs around shouting "DEY TERK ER JERBS!" because many believe they do not work

Deleted
    The biggest issue is dealing with people who are willing to work for less than what would be considered acceptable in the UK and with people getting benefits although they are not citizens(afaik it's possible, might be wrong on this one). The benefits part should be pretty straight forward and would cut down on a portion of people that come over strictly or largely because of that. The bigger issue is the one with people willing to work for less but there's no clear cut answer for that.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    No but they bring shitty food and unnatractive men
    Whole thread was meh until that point. Fuck you man! Our food is million times better than british food!
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If the Poles and Romanians can crowd out your workers back home, the problem is not freedom of movement, the problem is your spineless government not protecting local workers by setting up a better minimum wage and enforcing contributions and severe fines for unregistered workers because it is sucking on the companies' tits.
    They were not unregistered, they had the right to work in the UK due to being EU citizens.

The only ways to stop that being the case were to get an EU-wide agreement to restrict free movement of labour, which the EU were unwilling to do, or leave the EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Whole thread was meh until that point. Fuck you man! Our food is million times better than british food!
    Keep telling yourself that

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Rafoel, if you read my post above, i think it's better than American food.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    It's no secret that immigration has become a big issue these days and uncontrolled movement of people from different cultures is probably the biggest barrier against European unity.
    I'm sure countries like Sweden or the UK would be ok with free movement if it were only from Northern/Western EU countries because they come from similar social/economic backgrounds.

SO I have to ask, would the EU be more unified if large, poorer countries like Poland and Romania were to be kicked out?
    We've actually had a bigger problem with Irish scammers coming here, my region of Sweden, and scamming people by starting shitty pain jobs or laying down really shitty pavement without people's approval then extorting people for money.
    So eh, no, Poland and Romania aren't the main problem.

Blame capitalism and greed, when unqualified foreigners get a job instead of those born in the country. They're being exploited, used, scammed and abused. Yet it's still better than working in their home country, so try and imagine their situation.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2016-07-11 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Rafoel, if you read my post above, i think it's better than American food.
    I thought american food was just food dipped in lard?

Deleted
    So what, born English are so much better than Poles or Romanian? Sorry to burst your bubble, but even the English have bad eggs, every nation does ... Poles and Romanians that come to UK are the ones who are willing to do jobs NOONE in UK wants to do ... do you think "I" for example want to move to UK to do some toilet cleaning job, just because you have a bit higher standard than me? And live in some poor, crime-ridden neighbourhood just so I can live in the UK? Yeah, right ...

Don't kid yourself. If your people would be willing to do shit jobs, people wouldn't immigrate. Romanians and Poles also immigrate into our country, but we all know they don't take jobs that are hard to come by, they get the shitty jobs noone here wants ... it's the same everywhere ... my ex tried to move to one of the countries to work there, she got a doctorate there as well, but she couldn't really get any worthy job because she wasn't a local, and she spoke more languages than her competitors, but that's life ... it's way harder for foreigners, even if they are a lot more educated.

Reason why your country lets people immigrate in is because your people either don't want to do certain jobs, and those jobs are HIGHLY required for society to work or the wage is so low that it requires you to live with someone else to cut cost, and you simply don't want to.

And lastly, violence comes from poverty, local poor English people are just as violent, check on some facts before you start spewing xenophobic statements. Hell, English are probably the most violent nation in history, but it's all sunshine and roses when it's not happening on your land, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    I thought american food was just food dipped in lard?
    Well, since i eat about 90% Organic, unless i go out of course, then i kinda agree with you on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    We've actually had a bigger problem with Irish scammers coming here, my region of Sweden, and scamming people by starting shitty pain jobs or laying down really shitty pavement without people's approval then extorting people for money.
    So eh, no, Poland and Romania aren't the main problem.
    Yea those filthy irish gypsys (or the PC word Irish Traveller) are a plague (even in RoI and NI).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Well, since i eat about 90% Organic, unless i go out of course, then i kinda agree with you on that.
    Just going to leave this here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tate-Fair.html

From different cultures OP really ? I would understand if you were comparing EU citizens with subsaharian illiterate black people that drink goat blood but are offended if you ask them from eating fish but the above comparison is literally RETARDED (like you). I swear to god all the Romanians and Polish people should have jut let the Huns and Ottomans pillage your "privileged" asses some 5 to 8 centuries ago and we wouldn't have had this conversation.

What really saddens me is that you will see this as as an "attack" or "offensive" while YOU really don't know how this world works, what drives it, what is good and right and how you are being manipulated for someone's agenda.

And let me remind you of this:
    this reminds me of a documentary made by BBC some time ago featuring several english people who were unemplyed for long time - they were given a chance and offered few easy jobs like picking up aparagus/workign as waiter/kitchen help / puting potatos into bags in factory etc - all of them failed miserable as workers - they were way to slow , unmotivated and most of them never showed up to work after first day - face it a lot of immigrants take easy but hard physicaly jobs and which local people either fail completly or arent motivated to move their asses from home because country will provide for them minimum money to survive - you hsoudl start with cuting down social benefits instead idiotic move to move out form EU when you will have to abide to all EU laws anyway if you will want to have any sort of commerce

Deleted
    Yea those filthy irish gypsys (or the PC word Irish Traveller) are a plague (even in RoI and NI).

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I have nothing nice to say about gypsies. My experiences with them are entirely negative. Actual experiences, not hearsay and xenophobia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Keep telling yourself that
    What, are you arguing which of the two generally bland cuisines is better? The answer is that they both suck, compared to almost every other cuisine.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, i wouldn't eat that shit so yea.

Deleted
    It's no secret that immigration has become a big issue
    For you - Only for you.
    I'm sure countries like Sweden or the UK would be ok with free movement if it were only from Northern/Western EU countries because they come from similar social/economic backgrounds.
    We are fine with it.
    SO I have to ask, would the EU be more unified if large, poorer countries like Poland and Romania were to be kicked out?
    Fun fact, the UK pushed for the expansion for the precise purpose of blocking further integration (a silly notion tbh, more parties increases the probability of integration imho.)

Deleted
    why punish eastern europeans who still live in their eastern european countrys (kick them out from eu), they have not immigrated. you make more immigrants that way. you need to restrict people moveing into your country, not punish those who don't even want to immigrate.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxineb View Post
    Its this false analysis and lack of understanding is why vote leave won.

Let me explain the economics of this.....

You say Polish workers are a benefit. But you fail to mention to WHOM they are a benefit.

Employers. Yes.
    Government and Economy. Yes.
    Customers. Yes.

The existing private sector worker, which makes up the MAJORITY electorate. NO.
    Actually they do. They just perceive that they don't.

Ps - anyone who thinks vote leave won because of racists and xenophobes are idiots.
    Sorry, but that is just a plain asinine statement.

17 million Brits are NOT racist.
    Actually I would say they are. Not in the way that your average KKK member is, but they are still racist deep down, even if they don't consciously realise it. It's the kind of racism which manifests as an innate sense of superiority over other people, rather than an outright contempt/hatred. It's subtle, but it biases the way they perceive people.

The reasons are economical impact on the native private sector worker, who do NOT benefit from free movement of labour. This demograph makes up the MAJORITY electorate in most countries. Hence, vote leave win.
    No, it's about perceived economic impact. Not about real economic impact. These people see economic problems, and being secretly bigoted, racist and xenophobic at heart, they genuinely believe that people like Poles and Romanians are to blame. It doesn't mean that the Poles and Romanians are actually to blame, but then again, you cannot expect 50% of the population to fall into the 90th percentile (or higher) capable of actually understanding the real economics and being able to overcome their natural biases.

Hence the leave vote. People voted out of ignorance of what the actual problem in their country is, and instead allowed themselves to be governed by their innate prejudices.

It's no secret that immigration has become a big issue these days and uncontrolled movement of people from different cultures is probably the biggest barrier against European unity.

imho the eu was too fast into taking those countries on board and not because a stupid cultural reason but because of their economic parameters were too low, desperate workers ready to accept any shitty job for a really low salary have pushed down the job market (in italy for example construction workers are almost all from romania cuz they work way more for less usually off the book and without any protection); it also opened the door for factories to be moved in those country were the work laws, taxation, and level of salaries are way less restrictive.
    It basically was a win win situation for the riches and politicians and a lose lose for everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

And let me remind you of this:
    Or those without contacts, money or speaking the language are willing to work for far less than the locals.

That's why a proper minimum wage is absolutely necessary to avoid such tensions.

Here in Germany we only just introduced a minimum wage of 8,50 € (last year), and it will be increased to 8,75 in 2017. In my opinion this isn't enough, but a start that will hopefully be expanded on.

I often heard from the media that the jobs the polish people take are jobs that the British citizens don't want to do anyway - but maybe it's because you can't properly sustain yourself or your family with those jobs. Yet there was/is no pressure to change that - because the jobs can be simply filled with EU citizens.

That said, leaving the union was still an unwise decision, because it will likely change nothing about the above and leaves Britain with even less say in Europe.