Page 30 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Oh god don't start this shitshow of a discussion again, please Terran think of the ghouls.
    Sorry, I thought I'd take one last poke. To be honest, I'm still on the fence with Unholy so I'll stop poking.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Sorry, I thought I'd take one last poke. To be honest, I'm still on the fence with Unholy so I'll stop poking.
    Unholy is dericious, now help me find the Bonereapers Hook!

Phenom,

After seeing your frost logs im deciding to give it a try tonight on Xavius. Last night as unholy i ended with ~218k dps. Throughout our pulls tonight im hardly managing 160k as frost. I dont know how you do it man ><

Since you said it was not in ICC.

My best guesses would be

Plague Quarter bosses in Nax
    Wotlk Enemies in the New Violet Hold (The Festergut modeled enemy the one I would put money on, cause plague wing)
    The black knight from Trial of the Champion maybe? He is the closest thing to a current "Unholy" Death Knight I can think of as a boss.

Maybe Scholomance for the hidden appearance? I'm hoping it isn't another random drop in the broken isles like so many others.

Been stalking this and the unholy thread for a few months but haven't mained (or touched) my DK since WotLK when he was a blood dps. Kinda weird seeing it as the tanking spec now instead of frost. Looking forward to bringing him back out in Legion. From what I've gathered both seem to be in a much better place in Legion than on live.

Does anyone know as of right now what the optimal Artifact Path is?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    Maybe Scholomance for the hidden appearance? I'm hoping it isn't another random drop in the broken isles like so many others.

Been stalking this and the unholy thread for a few months but haven't mained (or touched) my DK since WotLK when he was a blood dps. Kinda weird seeing it as the tanking spec now instead of frost. Looking forward to bringing him back out in Legion. From what I've gathered both seem to be in a much better place in Legion than on live.
    I still don't get why people say frost shouldve been the tanking spec...Blood made more sense thematically since it has self heals.

Quote Originally Posted by jashmaster View Post
    Phenom,

After seeing your frost logs im deciding to give it a try tonight on Xavius. Last night as unholy i ended with ~218k dps. Throughout our pulls tonight im hardly managing 160k as frost. I dont know how you do it man ><
    Don't give up on Frost!

Frost is life

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post

Scourgelord Tyranis in the Pit of Sauron might have it as well, he is "Frost" themed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vultoric View Post
    Does anyone know as of right now what the optimal Artifact Path is?
    I think Sindragosa's Fury should be the 1st priority, so take that path. Even though it has 5 min cooldown, it does shit ton of damage.

- - - Updated - - -

In PVP unholy is killing frost. After I took Chill Streak talent, it was my most dps along with frost strike but thats the last talent sadly.

So, about Shattering Strikes. It says it consumes the stacks of Razorice, but everytime I use Frost Strike the lowest it's dropped the stacks to is 3...if I'm using double Runes of Razorice, and 2 if I'm only using one Rune of Razorice. Not trying to open up that debate again, just wondering why this is happening. It never seems to consume all 5 stacks, or do 2 or 3 stacks (depending on how many Razorice enchants you're using) just instantly get re-applied?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    So, about Shattering Strikes. It says it consumes the stacks of Razorice, but everytime I use Frost Strike the lowest it's dropped the stacks to is 3...if I'm using double Runes of Razorice, and 2 if I'm only using one Rune of Razorice. Not trying to open up that debate again, just wondering why this is happening. It never seems to consume all 5 stacks, or do 2 or 3 stacks (depending on how many Razorice enchants you're using) just instantly get re-applied?
    I would assume that the stacks are being consumed - then reapplied by the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The attack will apply 2 stacks of it as it consumes it, sometimes an auto attack slaps in and bumps it to 3 instantly, and sometimes you get both right after pushing it to 4. I find that with double Razorice it's there because naturally you will get a small surplus of runic power, and eventually need to dump it back to back. When you have a time where it bumps to 3-4 right away and you have a Rime proc, that's the perfect time to use it as you will likely auto attack before your next GCD and thus be able to use FS again and get to a lower runic power total so you can avoid the risk of capping.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fairly sure it's still one of the best damage for rune cost abilities we have. Looking at my 841 dk (37% mastery and 23,174 str) it does 87,714 damage compared to Obliterates 114,921. Does fairly close to it's damage for half the cost.
    That being said it doesn't necessarily mean you should use it in your rotation as you might not be able to fit it in, but damage wise right now it "should" be worth it.

Blizzard said a while ago however that it should be only used in aoe though, so likely it needs to be tuned some.
    Have you accounted for Rime in those numbers? Howling Blast with Rime deals 200% AP frost damage (without Frost Fever; I doubt keeping that up will be a problem anyway) before any further bonuses, Remorseless Winter deals 216% AP frost damage over 8sec before any bonuses. So even if you don't have the T19 2p bonus and choose not to spec into Freezing Fog, I think for ST Obliterate is still better than Remorseless Winter, despite the higher rune cost. On average, you get an additional 90% AP frost damage (+ bonuses from gear/talents/artifact traits) on top of your Obliterate through Rime.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

edit: wow completely wrong thread for this.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2016-07-12 at 01:25 PM.

On it, sir!
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Remorseless Winter found its way into our ST rotation. It basically fills the role of DnD/Defile now, and it interacts with a number of talents/legendaries that will make it a ST gain regardless. While I suppose they could nerf it so that in the specific ST, no Gathering Storm, no legendaries situation it is a dps loss, this seems unnecessary. (Not to mention mastery scaling). You will probably be pressing this button on CD.

The Bonereaper's Hook
    Item Level 110
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Classes: Death Knight
    Use: Unlocks the Bone Reaper appearance for Apocalypse.
    "Fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel, this crude and brutal weapon could easily be fashioned into an instrument of death."

It's going to come from something related to ICC. BUT WHERE!?

Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Remorseless Winter found its way into our ST rotation.
    I really hope it does, I was quite looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post
    Have you accounted for Rime in those numbers? Howling Blast with Rime deals 200% AP frost damage (without Frost Fever; I doubt keeping that up will be a problem anyway) before any further bonuses, Remorseless Winter deals 216% AP frost damage over 8sec before any bonuses. So even if you don't have the T19 2p bonus and choose not to spec into Freezing Fog, I think for ST Obliterate is still better than Remorseless Winter, despite the higher rune cost. On average, you get an additional 90% AP frost damage (+ bonuses from gear/talents/artifact traits) on top of your Obliterate through Rime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Remorseless Winter found its way into our ST rotation. It basically fills the role of DnD/Defile now, and it interacts with a number of talents/legendaries that will make it a ST gain regardless. While I suppose they could nerf it so that in the specific ST, no Gathering Storm, no legendaries situation it is a dps loss, this seems unnecessary. (Not to mention mastery scaling). You will probably be pressing this button on CD.
    Iced covers this well, but TLDR on what I would have said is that it comes down to sims what would be best. Right now it 'looks' like it could easily be added in, it's essentially another dot at that point since its damage over time. The overall arc of if its worth it or not though is hard to see unless it's simmed out though