Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    I'm sorry but how is that ridiculous ? It's not their jobs to carry your 670 ass in mythic dungeon they can rush trough. They put the effort to get that gear level, and so should you.

And the whole "ermagerd every group ask for 735" is actually bullshit. I myself did a few mythic this week for the quest. And guess what ? I look for 720+ groups, because I can, my main (tank) and my two best alts (tanks) are above this gear level. Yet I see plenty of 680-690 groups searching for healers, tanks and sometime a dps slot (sucks to be ungeared and dps). I play EU, but I really don't believe US being that different with no sub 700 groups. And even if it's the case just start your own group !

It's not to other people to carry your ass threw content who show a bit a difficulty. I'm ok with the nm/hm queue and LFR, but that's for what someone in this thread called "auto win content". And it's right. You really can only make random queue for content so stupidly easy that only a few people can carry the whole group.
    They might ask for 705, but expect 720. I've tried to join mythic dungeons groups where I'm 20 ilvls over the requirement, and still get rejected, and I ALWAYS have to look for grps for like 10 minutes before I get accepted. Maybe my mains, ret and fury, are not worth shit to these leaders. I could start my own group, but I don't feel confident to be leader, because I don't know the fights for all roles, and I can only watch youtube or read about them, no actual experience from other classes. My friends have quit playing years ago, but I casually play, and will continue to do so. The only real way for me to get any content done, other than the random charity spot from the guild, is to use the group tool, since I can't dedicate me to game as much as I could back in the early days. I don't want a carry, just a chance to contribute to completing a dungeon or raid, but that's hard to get into, because my metrics aren't super attractive to leaders.
    LFR is the reason that I have completed a lot of the end content since Cataclysm. I think they perfected it with MoP, where you HAD to know the fight and also was rewarded for it as well. WoD LFR is just a cheap experience, and not worth the time. Bringing that back in Legion would make the grouping nightmare a little less mandatory.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Most people who complain about this do the same thing when making their own group. If you are making a Mythic dungeon group and you got a last dps spot and a 740 guy and 685-700 guy signs up, im pretty sure you will take the 740 guy instead. We are all guilty to it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    hitting 705 ilvl is a piece of piss. it could just be that someone higher ilvl queued up at the same time. cause honestly, why would someone choose a 705 ilvl when they have a 720 ilvl in the same queue?

If you don't have the ilvl to get into groups, make your own. There are plenty of people in your situation.

Those who are higher ilvl.. generally are there for valor only and don't really wanna wipe for silly reasons. Get in and get out.

I prefer the manual finder for mythic anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Because its called being decent?

No one is asking you to take 4, 615 new level 100s into new content. But why not take one person, who can pull his item weight in relation to his gear who can benefit by gaining gear from said dungeon? You never know, you might find a diamond in the rough, your next potential guildie in the raid team for the next expansion. You might make a really good friend. Instead, you decide to be selfish and have the classic elitist attitude. Honestly, its shitty attitudes like this that has helped the wow community become cancer and toxic over the years.
    yep you are right in one point that community become more toxic but the reasons are exact oposit from you wrote, that need to gear up faster and faster, need to have everything served for free with 0 efort. You know whats aloso decent? trying to get some gear b4 going to mythics, its not hard to craft smt, buy some boe, get some pvp gear or bealful or w/e. If you are 680 asking ppl to boost you for free you are the reason for game to become toxic cus, you want to get gear so everyone else have to help you with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question. Why are people all not in at least 700 I-level gear at this point? You can treasure run in Ashran looting fragments and get a full set of blue gear in like 6 hours if you're a stealth class, Mage, or Shaman and 10 hours or so for other classes. Avoiding most PVP by simply paying attention and running away when you need to.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Thought I would do some mythic dungeons for the first time, but reading the amount of elitism people have regarding this topic is mind blowing. Bashing on OP post makes me actually not want to do this content. I am all for removing the LFD tool, but exluding mythic dungeons from it does not solve anything, it only confuses me.
    I'll wait for legion before I even try them. People are then at least on a similar gear level. Less bullshit excuses from elitism for me.

I feel you OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I have a question. Why are people all not in at least 700 I-level gear at this point? You can treasure run in Ashran looting fragments and get a full set of blue gear in like 6 hours if you're a stealth class, Mage, or Shaman and 10 hours or so for other classes. Avoiding most PVP by simply paying attention and running away when you need to.
    Sure it sounds weird, but I like to play the game that is fun for me. I absolutely despise Ashran. I rather spent a month doing non-efficient things in a way I enjoy myself instead.
    Last edited by irongar; 2016-07-12 at 11:11 AM.

Not everyone wants to do pvp?????????
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    yep you are right in one point that community become more toxic but the reasons are exact oposit from you wrote, that need to gear up faster and faster, need to have everything served for free with 0 efort. You know whats aloso decent? trying to get some gear b4 going to mythics, its not hard to craft smt, buy some boe, get some pvp gear or bealful or w/e. If you are 680 asking ppl to boost you for free you are the reason for game to become toxic cus, you want to get gear so everyone else have to help you with that.
    I didn't say its the only reason

of course people should make the effort to gear up, up to the point where a dungeon requires them to be, its called progress, being 710 upwards before being allowed into dungeons which drop 685 avg, isn't progressing.

And I'm not rewritting out the difference between carrying, boost and pulling your weight for a third time in this thread, you can go find my explanation.

And no, I'm 727, I worked my ass off to get to that point as I can't commit to a steady raid time table, and I had to work even harder to get past 700 to get into these groups, hoping for a rare warforged item to drop, regardless I could pull decent numbers at 685

Why should I, who put in the work and effort to gear up waste my time on you, someone who didnt put in any work or effort, and just want to litteraly be carried, invite you to my group when I can instead get someone with 720+ ilvl and get a smooth clean run. Make your own group and invite only 680~ ilvl people, or find friends who can carry you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    They might ask for 705, but expect 720. I've tried to join mythic dungeons groups where I'm 20 ilvls over the requirement, and still get rejected, and I ALWAYS have to look for grps for like 10 minutes before I get accepted. Maybe my mains, ret and fury, are not worth shit to these leaders. I could start my own group, but I don't feel confident to be leader, because I don't know the fights for all roles, and I can only watch youtube or read about them, no actual experience from other classes. My friends have quit playing years ago, but I casually play, and will continue to do so. The only real way for me to get any content done, other than the random charity spot from the guild, is to use the group tool, since I can't dedicate me to game as much as I could back in the early days. I don't want a carry, just a chance to contribute to completing a dungeon or raid, but that's hard to get into, because my metrics aren't super attractive to leaders.
    LFR is the reason that I have completed a lot of the end content since Cataclysm. I think they perfected it with MoP, where you HAD to know the fight and also was rewarded for it as well. WoD LFR is just a cheap experience, and not worth the time. Bringing that back in Legion would make the grouping nightmare a little less mandatory.
    A random LFG queue for a dps is 15-20 minutes, which illustrates the proportion of dps to tanks/heals and the relatively low demand for dps. And yet you lament the fact that it takes you 10 WHOLE MINUTES to find a group. That's not because people are mean, that's because there are simply that many dps - and the ones with better gear simply get invited before you. Honestly, when you make a group and get to choose between 4 dps that apply, with ilvls from 700 to, say, 740, who will you pick first?

BTW this week I carried a friend who had absolute shit gear (started at 650 or less) through Mythics. Did I carry him on a full HFC murderfucker char geared up the wazoo? Nope, just my 710-ish alt tank. We finished every run successfully and people still joined us. It was far from a speed run, but all went smoothly, and almost nobody complained (one 740 mage bailed on us because we were too slow, but was replaced quickly).

It's very simple, you want to get carried? You *provide* something. A tank, a healer, whatever. Grab a guildie, get a friend, whatever. make some effort. If you want to just come on your 680 dps char in Tanaan handout gear - sure enough, you're welcome, but of course you WILL wait.

And ofc the lfg tool has no place whatsoever in Legion's Mythic+, due to the limited keys, scaling nature and performance directly translating to rewards. Here, it's simply naive and utterly thoughtless to ask for it. It's like asking to be queued for CMs... but even dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Suffering through a few hours of Ashran is not "doing pvp". If you can't be bothered to put in literally a couple hours of work into your char, why do you expect to play with people who put work into theirs? And again, we're not discussing impossibilities here, we're talking bare casual baseline. My aformentioned friend who dinged 100 a week ago is 702 now. He's not poopsocking at all, the most he plays is 2-3h a day, if that.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2016-07-12 at 11:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    710 isn't even high enough for me sometimes. I helped a friend 670 ret and he was keeping up with the 710 mage. I was doing 60% of the damage as MM 730 and quickly removed the mage after the first dungeon lol. Its so sad. Anyways make your own group it isn't hard. Don't forget 2 dungeons in Legion are MYTHIC ONLY which means youll have to do mythic to even see 2 dungeons so better get used to it.
    What dungeons are they? I some how have failed to hear about that.

OT: Either get used to it, or make your own groups
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can avoid almost all PVP simply hunting the treasure spawns. I've geared like 5 toons doing this. I suppose if you're some mega carebear who's knickers twist with the idea that you might have to make an occasional corpse run because somebody killed you playing a game with WAR in the title you'd be more inclined to sit here and bitch about being able to randomly queue for Mythics that give lesser gear.

Oh, the entitlement again.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    What dungeons are they? I some how have failed to hear about that.

OT: Either get used to it, or make your own groups
    The two suramar dungeons. Arcway and I forget name

You can avoid almost all PVP simply hunting the treasure spawns. I've geared like 5 toons doing this. I suppose if you're some mega carebear who's knickers twist with the idea that you might have to make an occasional corpse run because somebody killed you playing a game with WAR in the title you'd be more inclined to sit here and bitch about being able to randomly queue for Mythics that give lesser gear.

Oh, the entitlement again.
    Ummm you do realise Mythics can give gear that scales to 725 right? So no it doesn't give lesser gear. It has a chance to give higher gear plus the BOA trickets. Also to add Mythic gear can be upgraded via valor unlike pvp gear.

But hey make ur childish comment's and keep proving why LFG is a cesspool.

Just because there is War in the title it doesn't mean people want to do pvp.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummm you do realise Mythics can give gear that scales to 725 right? So no it doesn't give lesser gear. It has a chance to give higher gear plus the BOA trickets. Also to add Mythic gear can be upgraded via valor unlike pvp gear.

But hey make ur childish comment's and keep proving why LFG is a cesspool.

Just because there is War in the title it doesn't mean people want to do pvp.
    You are missing the point. This is somebody bitching that his 670 gear isn't high enough level for him to get into Mythic groups. I suggested he just suck it up and run Trashran for one day instead of demanding the game change for him. He'll have more opportunity to get into said groups and not have to sit here man-whining.

As for LFG being a cesspool you're absolutely right, but then again the entire community of Warcraft has been a festering cesspool for years and years now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I started fresh on a new server to play with one friend, I hit 100, got to 675 ilvl, and got kocked back from every single mythic dungeon for an hour of searching, the lowest requirement is 705, the highest was 735.

The op has a point, people do (and not just mythic dungeons but raids as well, although I can appreciate it for raids) want stupidly high ilvl requirement, that are generally beyond what the dungeon offers. I can appreciate some groups are heirloom farming and want to go quick, but most just want a quick run and want people their equivalent level or higher. It is ridiculous for some content.

Although I agree with the others, theres only one way to combat this and that's start a your own group, set your own Reasonable ilevel entry. I'd be happy making a wager saying if 1/10 out of every player who complained about getting into mythic dungeons, made their own groups, there would be a shit ton more groups out there going and it would bring the "average" right down entry wise of custom groups.
    thing is ALLL CONTENT people ask for higher then they should... why? because they want to make sure even if the person is dumb, or bad, they may be able to recover it with their ok gear... this has allways been a thing... even back in BC days people asked for you to have allmost the BIS of the last raid to move to the next one, wrath people wanted you to have your full teir set before they let you in icc 10 :P
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

You are missing the point. This is somebody bitching that his 670 gear isn't high enough level for him to get into Mythic groups. I suggested he just suck it up and run Trashran for one day instead of demanding the game change for him. He'll have more opportunity to get into said groups and not have to sit here man-whining.

As for LFG being a cesspool you're absolutely right, but then again the entire community of Warcraft has been a festering cesspool for years and years now.
    Once again nothing wrong with someone providing feedback and wanting change. There is ways to go about it and ways to not go about it.

Also that same person you are talking about even said they had a ilvl 720 or so character that was a bitch to get into anything in LFG.

My ilvl 698 warlock is in the same spot. I wanted to do some Mythics on him and get shot down for each group. Also you are right the community has been toxic for quite sometime and that is why systems like LFD/LFR is around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    thing is ALLL CONTENT people ask for higher then they should... why? because they want to make sure even if the person is dumb, or bad, they may be able to recover it with their ok gear... this has allways been a thing... even back in BC days people asked for you to have allmost the BIS of the last raid to move to the next one, wrath people wanted you to have your full teir set before they let you in icc 10 :P
    but demanding it be made a que, then the next step will be normal raids being qued, then heroic, then mythic! then everything is qued... and man, watching you sit here will there are hundreds of threads begging for ques to right out be removed because of the exact opposite reasons youve stated....

so just, make your own group, invite some of those 670's and 690's and see how fast and wipe free it is compared to a group full of 720s to 730s
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Why should I, who put in the work and effort to gear up waste my time on you, someone who didnt put in any work or effort, and just want to litteraly be carried, invite you to my group when I can instead get someone with 720+ ilvl and get a smooth clean run. Make your own group and invite only 680~ ilvl people, or find friends who can carry you.
    It's called helping other people. If you are confident that your skill level is above average, I'm sure you could teach inexperienced and/or ignorant people about the game. This does sound like a lot of effort, but it's not. For example, I played a different game called Maplestory, although I played it off and on for years, each time I come back, I have to learn what has been changed/added. As I decided to start on a new server for solo grinding (no trading, increased difficulty and so on) I had to learn many things again. Regardless, the amount of content is insane, this leads to confusion for even experienced players like myself. As I try as much as possible to be up-to-date on the current game, progress and meta, there are tons and tons of other questions I had. When do you progress into a higher difficutly, how do you accumulate wealth, where to get certain gear upgrades, what are the actual requirements for certain content to be able to clear it just to name a few.

These questions are very common and not exlusive to this game, but applied to any game that you play online (especially MMO's). Answering any of these questions is much more valuable and easier instead of refusing any of these players.
    So for example, someone post "LFM Mythic dungeon X, ilvl7xx+" does not really mean anything. It does not guaranteed that the player knows how to play his or her class, knows the dungeon, ability to tank, heal, interrupt or use certain utility skills. Same applies to raids.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand the nature of speed runs, but why not explicitly post that? "Looking for experienced players for Mythic dungeon X, speedrun". Talk to them for a second and you have much more info, rather then putting people down for their lower ilvl. Not only saves this time for you, but also for inexperienced players, as you could guide them with a simple whisper instead.

Not to mention, regardless how easy level-up, people are at level 100, earned some gear and are looking to play, they did put in the effort.