Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    unfortunately, that genie has been let out of the bottle.
    the only chance of trying to put the lid back on was to vote leave.
    First you advance the expansion of the EU and then you bail?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    Perhaps a East Europe union with Russia in equal standings isnt so bad, past is the past, future is what matters now.
    "Equal standings", "past is the past"?
    Do you think anyone believes that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No no please, who are we to prevent them from going. Please by all means, do leave

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Western-Europe is build upon ''cheap'' labour, first it was the slave trade....then it was the immigration of people from Turkey and Morocco and now it's East-Europe.
    Western Europe and Slave Trade ?? Are you by a chance from UK or America??? Could you pleas show me that in History where Poland , Czech or Latvia participate in slave trade ....

Quote Originally Posted by Hengwulf View Post
    Well, Jan is a direct translation of John, but it isn't that popular name nowadays,. Ivan is even less popular and instantly associated with Russia, even if there are at least some polish people named Ivan.

Polish placeholder name, equivalent of John Smith would be Jan Kowalski, which also happens to be almost literal translation, with the exception that Kowalski is an adjective from the word smith, which is a very common construction of polish surnames. John Smith 100% literally would be Jan Kowal, which also is pretty common-sounding. Other very widely popular surname is Nowak, an equivalent of Newman. There is even more Nowaks than Kowalskis.

The most popular first name would be Piotr for males, and Anna for females. So if you need a placeholder Pole, you can go with Jan Nowak or Piotr Kowalski for males, and Anna Nowak or Katarzyna Kowalska for females.
    Yes, I know quite a few poles, but "Jan" never stood out to me as a common name among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Western Europe and Slave Trade ?? Are you by a chance from UK or America??? Could you pleas show me that in History where Poland , Czech or Latvia participate in slave trade ....
    poland, czechia and latvia arent in western europe

Deleted
    That's why he said western europe and not eastern Europe. Like... Portuguese French Spanish English Dutch... You know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    poland, czechia and latvia arent in western europe
    it was irony :P They love to put all in one big pot with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    No no please, who are we to prevent them from going. Please by all means, do leave
    I would be saddend to see my European friends fall for such a trap.

Meh, white = "imperalist slave master asshole" these days, deal with it. In the grand scheme of things, it's a lot better than the stereotypes everyone else gets saddled with.

10+ Year Old Account

It really shows how quickly certain events in our history are forgotten by some. The USSR overthrowing governments causing violent rebellions to almost civil wars, leading to countries being sucked dry with as a result of poverty and worse. Eastern european nations will not quickly return back to Russia. Those in support of it merely forgot their history.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    That's why he said western europe and not eastern Europe. Like... Portuguese French Spanish English Dutch... You know.
    It was irony , they fuctup and now pointing fingers on who to blame but them . But when someone have a good point there answer is is always all man all whites all Europe nations and so on.

Deleted
    It was irony , they fuctup and now pointing fingers on who to blame but them . But when someone have a good point there answer is is always all man all whites all Europe nations and so on.
    Not being smart but.... Who is "they" in this case? I'm honestly confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If the Poles and Romanians can crowd out your workers back home, the problem is not freedom of movement, the problem is your spineless government not protecting local workers by setting up a better minimum wage and enforcing contributions and severe fines for unregistered workers because it is sucking on the companies' tits.
    Most Romanians I know that went to UK went there for uni/masters/phd mainly because it was easier and getting a decently payed job straight out of uni isn't unrealistic. From what I've heard, British workers are under-educated and lazy but that's not a surprise when a bunch of your phd programs are easier than finishing uni here.

Deleted
    The people in Brussels destroyed the EU and no one else.

The idea of a EU is good, the way it's executed is horrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Most Romanians I know that went to UK went there for uni/masters/phd mainly because it was easier and getting a decently payed job straight out of uni isn't unrealistic. From what I've heard, British workers are under-educated and lazy but that's not a surprise when a bunch of your phd programs are easier than finishing uni here.
    Lol you must leave a pretty sheltered life. The overwhelming Romanians I met work in construction. Polish are different now. They are switching towards other jobs as well.

The only place I see Romanians at, is begging on the streets. From day to day, week to week, month to month, year to year. Through the years our police has raided & shattered the shack camps they try to build everywhere if left unattended. They are for some mindboggling reason entitled to welfare from OUR government and yet all these miserable leeches are able to do is from organized begging & criminal rings that our police has tried to shatter & disperse, but with EU bullshittery, these parasites leave and come back after a while and start it over again. Our government even paid these leeches a trip home, only for them to return after a few months. Now a friend of mine from Romanian descent said that there are so many culturally different peoples & tribes that inhabit their soil, such as gypsies, it it really hard to say who is an authentic Romanian anymore. Yet whatever the case, it has been said that the integration rate of these people whom are identified as "Romanians", is abysmal. They do not educate themselves, they do not wish to work, they have no interest in becoming members of my countrys society, instead roaming from country to country collecting as much welfare as possible. To top this off, we have had our own "Romanians" for very long time whom are also called "Gypsies", they are notorious for having a culture that is synonymous with lots of negative words like criminal, parasite, & disrespect. I have a feeling that all that is leaving Romania due to EU open-borders, are the most pathetic and despicable elements of the society. No sensible person would abandon their own country & society when given a chance such as joining the EU.

I have met Polish people while working in construction. Hard working people, though they should really take a hint and realize that nobody is forcing you to break your back on my countrys construction sites, we have proper work regulations for gods sake. They should also really, REALLY ease up with the booze. They also tend to accept lower salaries & most companies will take advantage of this. Many in construction know that there is never enough men, hiring more is too expensive & expenses are already high as they are.

As a little tone comment, I have a feeling that many people here think that governments have shitloads of money to just shove into places, government coffers only fill when economy is doing well. In this day & age, economy is down & goverments are taking huge debts to keep up their social services. Happening even in the nordic countries, where we have had a rather succesfullsocial sector that benefitted from our economy, now our economy is going down & our social services are going down with them.
    "Observe, Learn, Improve"

Not part of western europe and not the countries that brought in cheap labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Oddly enough, we have none of those (and never had slaves either) and we're always ranking in the top countries to live in.

Shit, we must've missed all those pointers about slave trade and exploiting other countries instead of, you know, educating our people and building a better and more prosperous society based on equality, innovation and hard work.
    Well pretty sure that Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and the UK all had colonies. Pretty sure they didn't just used it for vacations.

Call it what you want, slave or forced labour (that what the germans used during WW2) but end of the day it doesn't really change much now does it. Countries used cheap labour, nothing wrong with that concept.

But please don't come around and say that Western Europe didn't benefit from all those Turkish or Moroccan people that came in the 60s or 70s or from the Eastern Europe now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Well, while I'm sorry that our ambassadors of our culture are beggars I need to ask, why aren't you kicking them out? Or imprisoning them, don't know what your law says. In the end, Romania isn't a police state to control every single person leaving and we can't send our police to Sweden to get them.

Also, for all those beggars that are clearly Romanian there's some highly educated people living there that know your language or English at least that never state they're Romanian. You'd be surprised.
    Noone blamed Romania or Bulgaria. Romania have already said that noone should give money to the beggars and not let them get a foot in, that you can't help the people while making it easier to beg.
    The problem is our weak government that feels bad for every breathing person that manages to cross the border.
    If i remember correctly EU even granted money for education and work training to Romania for use on certain groups. Groups that can't be helped f they are not in the country but rather abroad begging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Not part of western europe and not the countries that brought in cheap labour.

Well pretty sure that Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and the UK all had colonies. Pretty sure they didn't just used it for vacations.

Call it what you want, slave or forced labour (that what the germans used during WW2) but end of the day it doesn't really change much now does it. Countries used cheap labour, nothing wrong with that concept.

But please don't come around and say that Western Europe didn't benefit from all those Turkish or Moroccan people that came in the 60s or 70s or from the Eastern Europe now.
    Death camps are also not the same thing as what went on in the colonies, get real that was a very different kind of forced labor. While they weren't amusement parks and the punishment for thievery or disobedience were monstrous (removal of limbs) their death wasn't the main objective (Especially under Leopold II rule, who let's face it was an insane king). Colonies primarily benefited the families present there. In the time it was boosting the Belgian economy it was boosted the Congolese one to the top of the region there so it was a mutually benefited role, take not that this was post Leopold II, the economies of both nations also always kept split to a point, Which is another reason why i would argue how much it benefited the average Belgian. If you have sources saying otherwise i'll gladly read those to revise my opinion.

Just to point out one more wrong in your posts, first came the eastern european workers and those from southern countries (Italians, Spaniards, Greeks), Turkish and Moroccan (Berbers) guest workers came later.

Deleted
    me personally? not quite.
    if you mean various pro european uk governments, then quite possibly.
    as you have seen from the leave vote, the majority of us didnt quite agree with that direction & wanted out at the 1st time of asking.
    personally, i had been waiting 30 years (probably longer than you have been alive) for the chance to get out & was at the polling station before they had even opened.