Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Pokemon Go Needs To Be Banned

This stupid game has only been out for about a week now and its already making life miserable for people who dont play it and its dangerous. This morning in 2 separate incidents I almost ran someone over who appeared to be playing it as they are glued to their phone looking for stupid imaginary creatures and not paying attention to traffic or their surroundings.

Additionally this game has people trespassing on other people's land, going through dangerous terrain, and blocking throughways like sidewalks, parking lots, and bike paths in larger groups. Apparently some creatures can only be found in certain areas like close to rivers (creating the danger of falling in and drowning)

http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStor...n-app-40500357

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Searching for Pokemon on a popular new smartphone game is not a valid excuse for trespassing.

That's the warning from a central Virginia sheriff's office. In a post on its official Facebook page, the Goochland Sheriff's Office links a rise in reports of trespassing and suspicious activity over the weekend to Thursday's release of the popular Pokemon Go game.

The "augmented reality" game encourages players to wander in the physical world to find and catch new Pokemon on their screens.

Deputies say they have found people on business, church, and government properties late at night when the grounds are closed.

Authorities say those actions constitute trespassing and put both members of the public and law enforcement officers at risk
    And at least one person has been shot and killed for tresspassing.

http://nationalreport.net/teen-kille...ng-pokemon-go/

A Mariondale N.C. teenager was tragically shot and killed Sunday after trespassing onto private property while attempting to catch a Pokemon in the new gaming sensation Pokemon Go. There have been previous reports of injuries connected to players becoming involved in car crashes while driving and playing at the same time, but this appears to be the first fatality directly connected to playing the game.

15-year-old Arthur Digsby apparently left his house Sunday around 1 a.m., with a friend who was staying over, when the two friends noted a rare Pokemon had appeared in the nearby Pokemon list. The two friends reportedly left the house without notifying responsible adults, and started searching the neighborhood for the rare Pokemon. The friends apparently thought they had pinpointed the rare Pokemon, but could not get close enough to it, because it seemed to be inside a neighborhood home.

The deceased teenager’s friend reports that Arthur first circled the residence, triggering security lights as he attempted to get the Pokemon to appear. He then walked into an enclosed back porch of the residence, and when it still did not appear he started checking windows on the house and attempted to open them.

Homeowner Ellen Jones, a 67-year-old widow who lived by herself in the home, was awoken by the sound of someone trying to open her bedroom window. She then armed herself with a 9mm pistol that had belonged to her deceased husband. She then went to use the telephone to call emergency services where she was surprised by the teenager attempting to gain access to the home through an unlocked kitchen window. The widow panicked and shot at the teen twice, striking him both times.
    Lastly, its already been used on multiple occasions as a vehicle of crime. Thugs wait for people to show up to collect a powerup or creature and then rob or assault them.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...b0563e3f0.html

A new smartphone game takes people out into the real world to collect cute creatures, but sometimes the real world can be a dangerous place.

That’s what some players found out after four teens apparently staked out specific spots they knew would draw players of the popular Pokemon Go game, then robbed them, O’Fallon police say.

The robbery part made sense to police, but O’Fallon Sgt. Phil Hardin joked that “younger, geeky officers” had to fill in their colleagues about some of what the victim was describing.

“All of the elements of a robbery were all there, so that part was easy, but the more in-depth discussion that followed was like, ‘What?’” Hardin said. “You really can’t make this stuff up.”
    This game is a scourge to everyone who doesnt play it, and dangerous to many who do!
    Last edited by Orlong; 2016-07-12 at 11:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevaaaaaaaaa!

bro don't join team Shitlord, join the sensation that is pokemon go and meet some new people.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I got it the other day, I'm at a loss as to why everyone's so addicted it's so barebones. To have it banned because of a few idiots though seems harsh.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Gotta throw personal responsibility out the window... Its the game's fault!

I love the outrage of old guys who wear their pants around their rib cage.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure WoW and GTA have killed more people than Pokemon GO and they haven't been banned yet.
    So, case closed.

FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR!

MY NAME IS ORLONG, AND I FEAR NEW THINGS OTHERS FIND POPULAR THAT I DON'T!

FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! FEAR!

Seriously though, stop - it's just a game, don't make it out like it's some kind of fatal disease to your delicate old-world senses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    I'm pretty sure WoW and GTA have killed more people than Pokemon GO and they haven't been banned yet.
    So, case closed.
    Yeah, no kidding! It is rather hypocritical that he's writing this on a MMORPG fan-site, isn't he? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I got it the other day, I'm at a loss as to why everyone's so addicted it's so barebones. To have it banned because of a few idiots though seems harsh.
    But its not just a few idiots. Every day I see multiple news stories about people who broke the law to play the game by trespassing, and quite a few have been assaulted, robbed, or shot over it

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    It's the Republican creed of taking personal responsibility by blaming others, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I firmly believe in personal responsibility, but when I end up running someone over with my car because they walked out right in front of me, Ill be the one with charges even though I couldnt do anything to avoid it, rather than the senseless person running out in traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    But its not just a few idiots. Every day I see multiple news stories about people who broke the law to play the game by trespassing, and quite a few have been assaulted, robbed, or shot over it
    Maybe we should also ban guns, since people with guns break the law every day.

Deleted
    You are taking this way out of proportion.

If you ride a bicycle with no regard for your own safety or common sense you might end up dead, or cause serious damage to yourself and/or others involved. -> Bicycles should be banned! :<

Same could be said for about anything you can do in this world.

...but sometimes the real world can be a dangerous place.
    Yup, so let's all just stay inside and never see the sun again.

I firmly believe in personal responsibility, but when I end up running someone over with my car because they walked out right in front of me, Ill be the one with charges even though I couldnt do anything to avoid it, rather than the senseless person running out in traffic
    If you run someone over with your car, and it's your fault, you should be held responsible for your actions. Why is it that conservatives demand personal responsibility and accountability... but not for themselves?

its already making life miserable for people who dont play it
    hahahahahahahahha. Very nice.

People need to learn to watch for their surroundings. It doesn't even matter what they are doing. And when they break the law and get shot because of that, it's the humans fault and not the games.

You see only what you want to see... and worse as I can only imagine the idiotic reality-spinning apologies you probably look at that call themselves "news sites".

For many many others it's a nice new twist on a game and hast gotten them outside for exersize and actually meeting people and find some local area history via the landmarks. Having played it myself I can agree with this.

Because it is totally the Game Developers fault for the Consumers to be responsible.

May as well be Japan's fault for allowing Nintendo to make a game that American's enjoy playing that a very small percentile of mentioned players have no sense of personal security, perception, or responsibility.

>,> /Sarcasm

Sorry. If a person is not paying attention to what they are doing, or walking around, that is the players own fault.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Every time you open the game up, it actually says to pay attention to your surroundings. If people don't, and die because of it well...we are thinning out the idiots of the human race. Win/Win. Most people who play it know not to trespass, if there's a pokemon they want in someone's yard, they are smart enough to come and ask for permission to go get it on their phone.

..am I the only one who finds it funny that a massive gun rights advocate who fears for freedom's rights of a country that bans guns.... is now blaming a video game to be too dangerous for America and should be banned?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, let's ban something over a minority being complete idiots. Fuck it, get rid of cars as well since people are constantly running people over and getting into crashes. Even microwaves, some people can't handle that shit.