Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    If Diablo went mobile.. It would be an INSANE profit for Blizz, especially if they follow the Hearthstone business model.

Just imagine it.. a Real DIABLO on the Mobile, not a Dungeon Hunter crap

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    People leaving equals a whole new game, which is several magnitudes of work more than an expansion?

Your logic is bizarre.
    There is also no telling how large portion of possible d3 expansion might be already done. I'm really hoping for d3 exp. I want to see the story completed. D4 doesn't sound likely and even if it actually does happen, it will be a long time. It can't be their next project. What is more likely, if d3 expansion doesn't happen is that blizz makes a single player RPG in warcraft world. They can then generate new storylines and characters. New RTS isn't likely.

Does blizz even have single player RPG? A bit like dragon age style or something? Wow? Lets not count that... it is at least supposed to be multiplayer.

Blizz has been picking up new genres. They took card games with heartstone. They took MOBAs with HotS. They took FPS with Overwatch. We are missing single player RPG.

World of Starcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Zwilicht View Post
    World of Starcraft
    Not until they are done squeezing the last bit of profit they can from wow. Then there wont be new mmo for a while. Wow has been the big one for too long. Too many failures from others along the way. MMO are risky and probably a bit not trendy anymore. Maybe afterwards when there is a market for new MMOs again.

7+ Year Old Account
    MMOs and RTS are dead, MOBAs are living their last years. Another card game will most likely cannibalize HS due to genre specifics.
    If I had to guess, Blizzard most likely will start developing some stupid VR bullshit very soon. It feels like a most hot topic nowadays.

I do not think it is reasonable to continue using their old IP's for new games. Personally, I would like to see new IPs in neo-noir cyberpunk\dystopian sci-fi setting from Blizzard. Not sure they have balls to do something like this, though.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Maybe they will invent a method of playing d3 on a tablet without a mouse or controller. Maybe you move by tilting the device and fire off spells by touching the screen. Or maybe you can use one of those wireless controllers they have now for tablets.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    this seems to be more of a "what iwll come at blizzcon" as really... we dont know what the fuck their gunna make... seeing them move from the strategy kinda game (wow being partial stratergy) moba, card game, class building/dungeon crawler, and a rts... into a FPS? was unsuspected... and i doudt they will make one for awhile...

Blizzcon will most likley be

Hearthstone expansion
    Overwatch map and heros
    Heros of the storm maps and heros, and hopefully arena mode
    diablo 3 expansion or diablo 4
    Starcraft new map pack and co-op missions/hero
    wow patch 7.1 information as that will be going on the PTR shortly after launch they said
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    After the massive success of Overwatch?

I wouldn't be surprised they would a MMO on it.. Yeah after Titan and all.. But people seemed to dig the setting and all.
    Overwatch was the pvp part of project Titan. And thats also why they canceled it. Would never have worked as a mmo game in that style.

Ot: Hopefully a new quality game and not crap like hota, overwatch and heartstone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    MMOs and RTS are dead, MOBAs are living their last years. Another card game will most likely cannibalize HS due to genre specifics.
    If I had to guess, Blizzard most likely will start developing some stupid VR bullshit very soon. It feels like a most hot topic nowadays.

I do not think it is reasonable to continue using their old IP's for new games. Personally, I would like to see new IPs in neo-noir cyberpunk\dystopian sci-fi setting from Blizzard. Not sure they have balls to do something like this, though.
    omfg i would love a dueling game for warcraft where you swing and block, using one arm for blocking other for the weapon, i cant remeber the name, but the vr set that has the two controllers, and would be cool if you could customize yourself to look like your ingame charecter if you have a paladin or warrior

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Overwatch was the pvp part of project Titan. And thats also why they canceled it. Would never have worked as a mmo game in that style.

Ot: Hopefully a new quality game and not crap like hota, overwatch and heartstone.
    "and not crap like hots, overwatch and hearthstone" their 3 highest current money makers... k
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by JoaoPinga View Post
    The reason they cancelled Titan, and why we will never see Warcraft 4, or World of Diablo, or whatever is simple: why would they spend millions developing a huge and complex game, when people are willing to pay as much money for a couple of skins?

It's the sad truth.
    Yet they have Starcraft, they have Diablo, and they have WoW.
    All of which have that same development method.

That is your opinion, and continued development into existing games would seem to disprove that.

If you look at other MMO's that have been touted as wow killers, then you can see where the problem lies.
    There isn't guaranteed success, even when giving the players what they claim they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If Overwatch wasn't out and doing well, I would've said Diablo MMO or Warcraft 4 but now I'm saying Overwatch single player campaign being one of the top projects.
    Totally unrelated note, but how did you center your signature?

10+ Year Old Account
    Zerg Citizen

Warcraft to Go - Smartphone game with Warcraft creatures.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

The most popular games these days are

* FPS
    * Zelda type games (but in a more badass / punk environment like GTA or Assassin's Creed)
    * MOBAs

They have Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. Some sort of Zelda clone maybe but that sounds too much like slow leveling in an expansive world like WoW which players seem to dislike.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    There is also no telling how large portion of possible d3 expansion might be already done. I'm really hoping for d3 exp. I want to see the story completed. D4 doesn't sound likely and even if it actually does happen, it will be a long time. It can't be their next project. What is more likely, if d3 expansion doesn't happen is that blizz makes a single player RPG in warcraft world. They can then generate new storylines and characters. New RTS isn't likely.

Does blizz even have single player RPG? A bit like dragon age style or something? Wow? Lets not count that... it is at least supposed to be multiplayer.

Blizz has been picking up new genres. They took card games with heartstone. They took MOBAs with HotS. They took FPS with Overwatch. We are missing single player RPG.
    Blizzard pushes online gaming above all because it creates longevity and makes their supporting the games worthwhile. They won't make a large singleplayer RPG like Elderscrolls or Witcher. I don't think that they will be branching out into new genres.

Since we know the diablo team is working on something new, the obvious choice would be a Diablo IV. I think a second expansion is unlikely at this point.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2016-07-12 at 12:50 PM.

Deleted
    Arcade beat-em-up with Blizzard characters. Choose from campaign or up to 8 player action a la Smash.

Now with the ability to import your characters spec and transmog.

One can dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Pet Battles GO.

I would love to see a Warcraft IV game that focused more on the micro game.

For example, maybe at the start of a map, you tell your engineers what kind of base you want to build (i.e. what kind of units and upgrades you want). Then, the computer builds your base and pops out the units for you over time. Then, it's up to you to win the match with those units.

What I didn't like about Starcraft 2 is that my fun at playing army was constantly interrupted with base maintenance tedium.

Nope its going to be a pet battle type game
    called Pet battle GO.

Cuz that pokemon is real popular.

I Hope for an "Elder scroll"-like game in the Diablo universe, but I believe the will stick to the same game style.