Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    You entirely missed the point. We are discussing if they should have changed it. What's with "this is how it is, you should not discuss about it" attitude?
    No, we aren't. We already know they won't change it. Many don't give a damn about it, some may be against and most are probably in favor of the change they made (as is visible from posts here).

Am I in favor of that change? Yeah.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-07-12 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    No, we aren't. We already know they won't change it. Many don't give a damn about it, some may be against and most are probably in favor of the change they made (as is visible from posts here).
    We are. That's why the thread is made in the first place. You may not be interested in the discussion but others are. You also assumed that the purpose is strictly to change Blizzard's mind. Some people just express their opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know one good reason they shouldn't have, and I agree with it.

S _ _ _ _ M

That is a good reason not to do it, and some lore aspects, you do see females as druids.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That's actually bullshit. Research indicates 70% women are just as strong as 75% men.
    What research? Also warriors are supposed to be the strongest of men, while the other pansies are "built" for doing other less valorous chores. Everytime i see a female blood-elf warrior leap and create a ripple in the ground... makes me shudder, you can say it's magic, you can say it's anything, a 45 kg person cannot make a dent in anything except a fluffy pillow. Also gnomes are supposed to weigh more than blood elf females, so don't start that.

Deleted
    How can you be so blind roflmao.

Serena Williams will still own 95% males in tennis. Just because Roger Federer could perhaps beat her doesn't mean she is bad and shouldn't play tennis anymore.

This here is your problem. You don't have to be THE BEST to be good or very good at something. You can still be better than most. The best chefs are males but it doesn't mean that female chefs make shitty food.

You don't have to be male to be great sniper for example. Still I can bet you won;t understand a dime out of my post and I've wasted time, oh well.

PS

I am pretty sure Tauren female is stronger than human male btw.
    Thank you for mentioning Williams: https://www.theguardian.com/observer...543962,00.html She would not even qualify.

Also you have said that you won't respond further. Men keep their word. Therefore certain doubts appeared.

we are talking about night elves demon hunters, not tauren females and yes they should be stronger than male human.

being a sniper is not the same as jumping with weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    But if you're doing that then shouldn't your standard be male orcs x magic or male tauren x magic? The difference in muscle mass between a male orc and a male human is vastly, ludicrously bigger than the difference between male and female humans. If male and female humans should not be equal in strength in wow, then I see no reason why male humans and orcs should be either.

I say this as the most die hard Alliance fanboy ever, btw.
    of course and so does the lore. even in that wretched W movie male orcs were throwing horses, well, one horse and one orc but still. They most definately are not equal in strength.

That's actually bullshit. Research indicates 70% women are just as strong as 75% men.
    I wont even bother arguing with you because you lack the intelligence to accept facts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    What research? Also warriors are supposed to be the strongest of men, while the other pansies are "built" for doing other less valorous chores. Everytime i see a female blood-elf warrior leap and create a ripple in the ground... makes me shudder, you can say it's magic, you can say it's anything, a 45 kg person cannot make a dent in anything except a fluffy pillow. Also gnomes are supposed to weigh more than blood elf females, so don't start that.
    Strength does not equal warrior.

I don't need a megaton punch to kill you. I can just slice your artery open with little strength.

Skill > strength when it comes to a fight with weapons that can kill in 1 hit regardless of strength. The deadlier the tool the les simportant strength becomes. Like guns. Just as easy to kill as male and female. Swords/knives? Strength matters less than skill and experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I know one good reason they shouldn't have, and I agree with it.

S _ _ _ _ M

That is a good reason not to do it, and some lore aspects, you do see females as druids.
    In other words political correctnes. One day I wish to see a great battle between PC and Reality. Some truly warping stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LovesToSpooge View Post
    I wont even bother arguing with you because you lack the intelligence to accept facts
    And you lack the intelligence to read all posts and just pick single. Read more posts and maybe you will see I don't say anywhere that men aren't overally better in physical terms. But hey that requires actual reading.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Thank you for mentioning Williams: https://www.theguardian.com/observer...543962,00.html She would not even qualify.

Also you have said that you won't respond further. Men keep their word. Therefore certain doubts appeared.

we are talking about night elves demon hunters, not tauren females and yes they should be stronger than male human.

of course and so does the lore. even in that wretched W movie male orcs were throwing horses, well, one horse and one orc but still. They most definately are not equal in strength.
    Read my post where I say why Strength isn't that important to being warrior.

Also, why do you think I said 95% wouldn't beat her? You're basically vlidating all my arguments.

I'm just trying to understand the rules here. Are you saying that male humans cannot be melee classes, because of how strong male orcs are, or should male orcs simply do 12x as much dps?

It's all fiction anyway. Who gives a fuck?

Strength does not equal warrior.

I don't need a megaton punch to kill you. I can just slice your artery open with little strength.

Skill > strength when it comes to a fight with weapons that can kill in 1 hit regardless of strength. The deadlier the tool the les simportant strength becomes. Like guns. Just as easy to kill as male and female. Swords/knives? Strength matters less than skill and experience.
    That's a rogue you're describing... i suppose you don't play wow. Warrior is close to the Barbarian if you want, charges, smashes, knocks people silly, very rude and in your face, uses big weapons or a weapon and a shield, while the rogue is the classic thief, used poisons, daggers and stealth, ambushing the most powerful of opponents and winning over them through intelligence, cunning and deception, finding weak spots and taking advantage of those.

Deleted
    And you lack the intelligence to read all posts and just pick single. Read more posts and maybe you will see I don't say anywhere that men aren't overally better in physical terms. But hey that requires actual reading.

- - - Updated - - -

Read my post where I say why Strength isn't that important to being warrior.

Also, why do you think I said 95% wouldn't beat her? You're basically vlidating all my arguments.
    it is important, very much. also I have said that male agility is far better.

well, it was not a top guy and I'm quite posiive that even guys far below would beat her. as mentioned younglings did beat australian champions in football. or were they world female champions? well, it doesn't matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I'm just trying to understand the rules here. Are you saying that male humans cannot be melee classes, because of how strong male orcs are, or should male orcs simply do 12x as much dps?
    there are not rules, it is just visual matching. DH males are more believable and so are other melee, maybe except rogue. and male druids ar ejust lore thing. I don't think it should translate into dps further.

Biologically men are in fact superior when it comes to physical things but like I said I never compared to peak form vs peak form of female and male. If both train a lot than differences do get bigger in certain areas.

I am talking about your average woman vs average man. It was I believe on discovery channel a couple of years back.

I absolutely don't see why female wouldn't be able to be an agile fighter when they actually have better rhytmic and muscular coordination than men (not power mind you altough they can closely match men's lower body strength and cannot match upper body strength)
    Erm... well... "some years back on Discovery channel" doesn't really cut it, I am sorry. As I said I can find no such study or scientific claim...and I looked.

Furthermore the differences wouldn't be more pronounced if training becomes a factor... they would just remain more or less the same.

And regarding lower body strenght... the difference is not negligible. And again you don't factor in the simple size difference.

Look I am no saying women can't make good combatants... especially armed combatants.... with sufficient training, but the averages do not favor women. At all.

Also there is a reason why we don't allow feather weights and bantham weights to go up against heavy weights in full contact sports. Size really matters.

Don't disregard biology please or make unfounded conjectures to prove a point.

If anything women who excell in physical and combat sports and training are all the more remarkable and admirable BECAUSE the statistics and averages don't favor them and they have OVERCOME those hurdles.

7+ Year Old Account
    'Why does everyone automatically assume I know tailoring and cooking?'

Jeez, another weirdo with an agenda, making a thread on MMO-C. There must be a nest somewhere.

well, it was not a top guy and I'm quite posiive that even guys far below would beat her. as mentioned younglings did beat australian champions in football. or were they world female champions? well, it doesn't matter

there are not rules, it is just visual matching. DH males are more believable and so are other melee, maybe except rogue. and male druids ar ejust lore thing. I don't think it should translate into dps further.

I can't believe I'm replying to this thread because so far, it's braindead mysogyny - but I feel compelled to tell you that Demon Hunters derive most of their power from the demon that they consumed. I don't think sex or gender influence how performant of a demon hunter you are post consuming the heart of a demon you killed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ok sure lets play the

"WHO WANTS TO BE A HORRIBLE SCUM OF A HUMAN" game!
    by the way i do not share any of these thoughts, this is more for entertainment and poking fun at how horrible this thread is

Warrios should only be males
    healers should only be females
    first aid, alchemy, herbalism, inscription, and cooking should only be female
    archaeology, mages, and fishing should be male only
    rogues should all be black or goblins
    undead should be enemies of both factions
    tauren should be unable to eat meat
    worgen should be unable to eat veggies
    varien should build a wall around stormwind and make those pesky orcs pay for it!

also demon hunters were never "male only" we see a few at the black temple, just they were alot more rare speaking few females were strong enough to become one, and the druid thing was a thing, but was thrown out long ago, like how they said no one could practice arcane, but come the cataclysm they accepted it and bam, night elf mages
    Wow, so OP wants to talk about a legitimate issue with night elf lore, and express his opinion over how the cultures and races of WoW should be more varied, all without a trace of impoliteness or malice... And you reply to his thread to spout insults and show clear aggressiveness?
    This is not even an offensive topic. Sexual dimorphism is a thing, and fantasy cultures in a harsh world of constant war shouldn't reflect an idealistic society where everyone is happy and equal.

Getting real tired of SJW bullshit affecting everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many in here "YEAH DRUIDS SHOULD BE MALE ONLY but wtf no why would warriors only be female lol"

Clearly people who do not know the lore, showing off their actual sexism.

Fortunately, what OP is referring to has a lot to do with Night Elf only, so if Blizz did follow them, everyone would be able to be everything they can be today, except Night Elves.

For (pre-WoW) Night Elves,

* Druids were entirely male
    * Priests were entirely female
    * Hunters were entirely female
    * Warriors were entirely female (and called Sentinels)
    * Rogues were entirely female

Magi were both because they had long since left the greater Night Elf culture and retreated to Eldre'thalas in exile, however they remained unplayable until Cataclysm at which point classes were not gender locked anyway.

This is because if you were male, you were either a civilian or a druid. There was no in between. The Night Elf culture has ALWAYS been matriarchal until very recently, and even then Tyrande maintains leadership. Before her was Azshara, and during her reign males could be warriors and magi, but only in her court and those privileges were revoked as soon as she and the majority of her court were sucked to the bottom of the sea.

So you think male humans being warriors matches visually as well as male orc and tauren warriors, but you draw the line at female humans being warriors? How convenient. How do you feel about female tauren warriors?