I'm getting a bit anal over a few Monk animations in Legion

Does Blackout Strike for Brewmasters use the Jab animation, or the generic race-specific 2-hander animation? I'm getting conflicting reports of it being one or the other, but I'd much rather have it use the Jab animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
    Does Blackout Strike for Brewmasters use the Jab animation, or the generic race-specific 2-hander animation? I'm getting conflicting reports of it being one or the other, but I'd much rather have it use the Jab animation.
    It has its own new animation that resembles a baseball swing to the face. Like a Smash Bros home run bat.

the new blackout strike animation is tied to the arti. no arty still does few spin thing, but doesn't do the new purple-trailed bonk.

Pandas still do their twirl then stab.

These are the sort of conflicting reports I'm talking about...

I watch a random video like this and this guy's character seems to do a "baseball swing" I haven't seen before on a female Human, and than other videos like this where a male NElf is doing his generic 2-hander spin; if this were a male Panda he'd be doing the "twirl then stab" in this case.

Call me anal, but I just wanna see what the class looks like when played; I'm thinking of rolling to Brewmaster when Legion hits, but I can't make my mind up on a race lol
    Last edited by Tenant; 2016-07-11 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    pandaren use their 2h special

The only thing I can think of is that it's race-specific? Some race-genders use some new animation while others just use their 2hSpecial animation? I've never heard of an ability being implemented like that though; seems overly-complex when they could have just used the Jab animation that already existed...

Is something else going on here? Is it tied to the artifact somehow?

The only thing I can think of is that it's race-specific? Some race-genders use some new animation while others just use their 2hSpecial animation? I've never heard of an ability being implemented like that though; seems overly-complex when they could have just used the Jab animation that already existed...

Is something else going on here? Is it tied to the artifact somehow?
    Blizzard doesn't have things like this on the list of things to fix. I literally posted the pandaren Blackout Strike animation in the very first thread after they became active. Almost half a year ago.

The new Blackout Strike isn't supposed to be tied to the artifact, just the 2h idle stance.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Blizzard doesn't have things like this on the list of things to fix. I literally posted the pandaren Blackout Strike animation in the very first thread after they became active. Almost half a year ago.

The new Blackout Strike isn't supposed to be tied to the artifact, just the 2h idle stance.
    So it's just bugged? Figures; I also thought it was weird that some videos I've seen have that purple Blackout-trail on its swing and others didn't. It's all awfully confusing; I wish I had a beta invite to look at this stuff myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're getting anal over Monk animations you haven't experienced first hand?

Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post
    You're getting anal over Monk animations you haven't experienced first hand?
    A little, yes, and for exactly that reason. I don't really understand what's going on with Blackout Strike's implementation.

Here's a shocker: I've always enjoyed the Monk animations, and since I don't have beta access myself, I've been paying attention to them through videos and streams and the like. It's only this one sticking point that bothers me with Brewmasters.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little, yes, and for exactly that reason. I don't really understand what's going on with Blackout Strike's implementation.

Here's a shocker: I've always enjoyed the Monk animations, and since I don't have beta access myself, I've been paying attention to them through videos and streams and the like. It's only this one sticking point that bothers me with Brewmasters.
    I suggest trying them out on the PTR and see how you like them.

I suggest trying them out on the PTR and see how you like them.
    No PTR/beta access for me, unfortunately. I'd be looking into these mysteries and more myself if I did

10+ Year Old Account
    No PTR/beta access for me, unfortunately. I'd be looking into these mysteries and more myself if I did
    PTR is available to everyone. It's called the "Public" Test Realm for a reason. If you go the Battle.net client, above the big PLAY button for WoW there is a drop down menu. Click on PTR. It will download it for you then you can play on it. You can copy existing toons or make new level 100 ones to play around with.

PTR is available to everyone. It's called the "Public" Test Realm for a reason. If you go the Battle.net client, above the big PLAY button for WoW there is a drop down menu. Click on PTR. It will download it for you then you can play on it. You can copy existing toons or make new level 100 ones to play around with.
    Fuck me I'm retarded, I never knew this. I had to go to Additional Services in the bnet Account Management and start a PTR account first, but I never bothered to tell the difference between the beta and PTR, and so never tried getting in...

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck me I'm retarded, I never knew this. I had to go to Additional Services in the bnet Account Management and start a PTR account first, but I never bothered to tell the difference between the beta and PTR, and so never tried getting in...
    Well, now you know. Enjoy playing around on PTR!