Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    [Rip] anal.

/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    There is money involved in all of Blizzard's games. Free to play money spends just the same as subscription money.

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't why the ignore feature exists nor is it justification to treat people like shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering it only applies to terms of use violations and it isn't automated, it can't and won't be exploited. Unless you think using a system for its intended purpose is an exploit.

- - - Updated - - -

Again the only change here is method of punishment. Blizzard has been paying people to read these reports for 11 years. This isn't new.
    Maybe for your pussy server but our aussie servers trade chat is nothing but calling each other cunts. Though that said I don't think many people use the spam or report feature on our servers anyway. Yes, that is what the ignore feature is for and that is what the mature language filter is for.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

A good change, it will help keep new players in I think.

The whole point of the vote kick feature is to allow the majority of a group to get rid of someone hindering their progress. How is that abuse? That is the whole god damn point.
    Yeah, unfortunately, it was probably over used and over abused. After all, "hindering" is subjective. For some, it is "low" dps, which again, is subjective. I would guess some people just click accept when the vote kick is displayed without really knowing why, or even who, is being kicked.

Otherwise Blizzard would not have to put in a timer to stop people from being too trigger happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They did say investigation, probably to prevent people from doing what you seem to be planning
    That's what they said would happen with the HotS silence feature as well, and we saw how that turned out.

Do people really not realize the problem with this feature is that being 'offensive' or 'mean' is entirely subjective? There will also likely be many more people who fail to understand the actual definition of harassment that report people in trade chat for 'harassment' because they got called gay once.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

The whole point of the vote kick feature is to allow the majority of a group to get rid of someone hindering their progress. How is that abuse? That is the whole god damn point.

well, originally there were ways to abuse & exploit it, but unlike his claim... they've been fixed, imo.

you'll never be able to stop all abuse, just cut down on it a little.

same as with this 'silence' feature. it won't block that original offensive idiot's first rant... but it will cut into the future rants, which will hopefully improve the environment as a whole.

unless of course the reports & punishments get abused. i've seen it happen in other games, but not so much in WoW.

I wonder how long it would be until we would see Jaylock if MMOC bans followed the same rules for multiple offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    When people could take a few insults/jokes and not get triggered for no reason, it was a good time for online gaming since that's how actual socializing tends to work. You take a few hits, fire off a few, and everything's settled by the day's end.

It's because all these thin-skinned cretins take themselves so seriously—any little prodding pops their sensitive ego bubbles—that everything is considered "negative" if it isn't completely sterile.
    Lets not be judgemental over the people who would used this feature. We do not know what may happened. Yes, people should grow thicker skins and not let the odd random abuse get to them.

But if that person persist and doing this, then it becomes a problem. I would imagine if you see a stranger outside across the road staring at your house, it creeps you out and you would ignore it. But if that same person does it repeatedly, I am sure you would be calling the police, even though that person is not breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Sounds great. I think it will produce many fun threads to read as well.

"Why am I being silenced for 7 months? I only called that person a cunt twice and said they should be murdered once! And I don't even know where their mom lives so its not like I could actually do what I said!"
    As the vast majority of the Blizzard GM's can be expected to be not only liberal, but members of the so-called regressive left, it's worrying because I've been banned before for telling someone in trade that their opinions were borderline Communistic and that if we were a couple decades in the past they'd be jailed indefinitely for suggesting them.

As long as people are just being banned for personal insults and/or ongoing private harassment (i.e. whisper spam, mail spam, etc.) and not for having an unpopular opinion then it'll be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Say what you want, but i will miss "anal [mastery]". Yes its dumb. Yes its obnoxious. But it was with us since forever. And all this change will really do is further discourage people from interacting with people from outside of their friends group.

Clearly you never encountered 3 guildies in a group kicking people just because they can, no other reason. It was and still is abused like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    As the vast majority of the Blizzard GM's can be expected to be not only liberal, but members of the so-called regressive left, it's worrying because I've been banned before for telling someone in trade that their opinions were borderline Communistic and that if we were a couple decades in the past they'd be jailed indefinitely for suggesting them.
    Couple decades in the past you could be jailed for "driving while black", your point?
    Last edited by Almaric; 2016-07-13 at 12:18 AM.

system is flawed...

it is just a matter of 100,00 or so players to be bribed into making 2-5 different false claims

while they would still be able to trace who made false reports, the logistics alone are stupid beyond belief

have fun banning all those accounts, then doing individual research to confirm they should be unbanned, then going back to the original request to ban...

lols... so thats what i can do with my irl monies....anyone care to sign up? ill pay with irl cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I Love the new Silence Penalty. I will be reporting people left and right and hopefully get them eternally silenced on my servers that I play on. I will report people for posting any sale of instance runs, any constant spam in trade, any constant guild recruitment spam.

Life will be glorious.

Blizzard has yet again done it again!
    aaaaand Jaylock is also banned - hopefully it is true and we will not have to read his clickbatey topics until October

Funny thing that even people that spam and troll like this feature xD

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    system is flawed...

it is just a matter of 100,00 or so players to be bribed into making 2-5 different false claims

while they would still be able to trace who made false reports, the logistics alone are stupid beyond belief

have fun banning all those accounts, then doing individual research to confirm they should be unbanned, then going back to the original request to ban...

lols... so thats what i can do with my irl monies....anyone care to sign up? ill pay with irl cookies.
    o yeah I see many different problems with that, I also sense every single twitch streamer to be silenced to the grave xD
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2016-07-13 at 12:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I Love the new Silence Penalty. I will be reporting people left and right and hopefully get them eternally silenced on my servers that I play on. I will report people for posting any sale of instance runs, any constant spam in trade, any constant guild recruitment spam.

Life will be glorious.

Blizzard has yet again done it again!
    Yeah... I'm pretty sure they'll punish people equally for abusing the system...

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Yeah... I'm pretty sure they'll punish people equally for abusing the system...
    Yeah... Right after they teach my dog to fly...

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Going to take a wild guess and say that virtually everyone crying about "abusing the system" is a) a very likely rightful target of the new penalty and b) male.

Going to say my odds of being correct on that are somewhere around 99-101%.
    The way you jump to conclusions you should be on the athletic team for every olympic games ever.

But since we are already engaged in mental gymnastics i will take a wild guess of my own and assume with 99-103% odds of being correct, that you have a tumblr blog. What do i win?
    Last edited by Almaric; 2016-07-13 at 12:35 AM.

Come now people it isn't hard to act like a civilized human being, you really should try it.

Seriously I don't understand why people tolerate douchebaggery in the first place.. Surely the game would be better if you didn't have some spastic kid threatening to kill your mother and skullfuck her decapitated head, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Come now people it isn't hard to act like a civilized human being, you really should try it.

Seriously I don't understand why people tolerate douchebaggery in the first place.. Surely the game would be better if you didn't have some spastic kid threatening to kill your mother and skullfuck her decapitated head, right?
    You realize that /ignore is already in the game right? And you have the ability to report a player already. I'm not saying the system is "bad", I'm saying it's redundant.
    Last edited by Almaric; 2016-07-13 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Lets not be judgemental over the people who would used this feature. We do not know what may happened. Yes, people should grow thicker skins and not let the odd random abuse get to them.

But if that person persist and doing this, then it becomes a problem. I would imagine if you see a stranger outside across the road staring at your house, it creeps you out and you would ignore it. But if that same person does it repeatedly, I am sure you would be calling the police, even though that person is not breaking the law.
    There is a difference between tossing a few insults and actively harassing someone. The latter should be punished, but then again, people will say that someone calling them out on a mistake is equivalent to harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Almaric View Post
    You realize that /ignore is already in the game right? And you have the ability to report a player already.
    Well, yeah, the system is basically the same as it is now. Just the person gets silenced instead of outright banned.

So, I'm not sure what the uproar over it is about. It's more a change of punishment than anything else. None of the chat policies have changed.