Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    If you are playing Comp play you should be playing to win as individual award is rather small in Comp play. Getting the victory is the point, so if your just looking to play on your favorite single hero all the time quick play is your spot. Comp play is about adapting to the map and the team. I recommend everyone have an Offense, Defensive, Tank and Support they can play and enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

What was the Mercy change I missed that, and was there any Nerf to Lucio? I've been fearing him getting a health nerf as I play him a lot and he is really tough to kill, I slay tanks a lot with him.
    https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog...523#patchnotes

While I understand the change, can't say I'm happy about it. Maybe wait until S2 to implement it? Give people more time to start getting used to all of almost all the heroes. There's also the problem others mentioned with the speed picks, or something I encountered earlier: had an enemy Pharah wrecking our team. We had a 76 so we figured he'd counter her. The player never even looked out for her, just fired at stuff on the ground while she continued to fly over and around us. I was on Lucio and we had a Mercy, so I switched off to 76 myself, so we now have 2, and I lock down the Pharah. The Pharah player was good and I'm not saying they didn't get more kills, but I definitely made it harder for them to fly around and not as bold with their movements. With the 1 hero lock, the choices of countering would have been much more limited, and being a KotH map, Bastion was a poor choice for her and I'm not very good with snipers. Obviously, there are many ways as a team we could have fixed the issue, but me just doing the quick switch was the easiest and probably most effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little annoying honestly.
    You can still get cancer-comped with three tanks, and now you can only use one reaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Today is just full of bad choices by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    You can still get cancer-comped with three tanks, and now you can only use one reaper
    But now, Zenyatta will live longer and shred them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a good change. Then I saw the Zeny and D.Va buffs and nearly wet myself O.O Are you telling me my #2 and #3 played heroes will be even better?

If Blizz were a guy, and right here next to me, I'd totally put out.

Excellent news! Now the games wont be plagued by 3 DVAs rushing to point or Tracers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's sad that this wasn't even done because of any actual balance issues or "two heroes break something" issues, but mostly due to "Swarm the objective with Tracers, lol!" cancer bullshit.
    But that is a balance issue and a two heroes break things issue

I honestly don't know why that's necessary, you see it rarely and it's almost never more than 2 of. And when you do pick multiples it's for a good reason, and often a short period of time. In competitive it's the sort of thing you might discuss. It's hardly overpowered, enemy teams are quick to respond with counters.

Seems silly to me.

Oh well. Holy crap the new Def Matrix is going to be awesome. Winky face!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    But that is a balance issue and a two heroes break things issue
    If that were the case I'd see it a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Excellent news! Now the games wont be plagued by 3 DVAs rushing to point or Tracers.
    Neither of those are very common or that hard to deal with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Yeah I mean, multiple heroes is a legitimate play or counterplay, no stronger than any other, just niche.

It's not a huge deal or anything, but I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I have to say, limit.. yes.. 1? no..

what if some spunktrumpet picks bastion and is literally awful, or just trollpicks... this is open to abuse, i play comp solo and people are complete assclowns. just because they can be.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I get they're trying to break the X2Winston/Tracer/Lucio gimmick comp, but the whole flavour of the game is the ability to do unique combos and counters (and yeah sometimes gimmicks). Just like hero swapping, the ability to pick two of the same seems like a core aspect of the game.

I don't know how they could have better addressed the issue though. Maybe a limit on how many duplications you can have per team? Like, maybe you could play a two Lucio comp, but you couldn't pick any dupes? Would still allow some experiments, be more in line with the game's original philosophy, but would force teams to think more cautiously about where they opted to use the duplication. It would also make countering it a little more reasonable.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2016-07-13 at 12:40 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

This amuses me since I seem to load the game 8-10 seconds sooner than anyone else lol. Go go gadget nvme ssd!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

last time i said this openly in this forum i got flamed for saying competitive should have this restriction but hey guess who was right b*tches
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    last time i said this openly in this forum i got flamed for saying competitive should have this restriction but hey guess who was right b*tches
    I think you're confused about the distinction between favourable/unfavourable opinions and implemented/not implemented. People can still disagree with the decision even while it is added. Nor does Blizzard implementing it mean it's "right" (as evidence by, say, the coin flip). People who disagree with that design direction are still going to dislike it regardless of whether it happens or not.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    Meh, just takes out 1 problem and adds more. As my earlier post said, I understand why they are doing it but don't agree with it. Tracer rushes are easy enough to counter, but people would rather complain. Winston's are easy to counter but people would rather complain. Etc etc etc.
    We're now going to have forum complaints about people hero locking. We'll have forums of people talking about "oh my god this player sucked and wouldn't switch off so I could play him and we lost the game because he wasn't countering what he's supposed to counter." We're going to get forums of "man, we should have won if only we could have double Reaper'd because no one could kill the 5 tank/Lucio new meta (a "for example")" forum.
    People will be complaining because someone will pick "their best hero" and they lost because the other person was crap, all because they loaded in faster.
    Fixing 1 issue and bringing up many more. Time will tell how it works, but eventually there will be a new meta that has people complaining, wishing they could have picked 2 of the same to counter something. It was a fun, interesting aspect to have multiple heroes that leads to more team comps, and Tracer rushes have never been a problem that I've seen. Yes, they might extend the match about an extra minute or 2, but I've never been in a game where they won trying this unless my team refused to switch up a counter.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good change.

While I like the ability to stack at times, normally stacking is a result of the other team stacking, which is actually part of the problem in my eyes.

My main gripe with stacking is a result of attackers having a pretty huge advantage right out of the gate on maps like Hanamaru, Volskaya and Temple of Anubis. You can quite literally have a game plan and pick your heroes with seconds to go as an attacker, without the defenders having any possibility of defending it with the heroes they have or the positions they might be in. Simple put, you can't react fast enough and it's double downed by comps that aren't traditional or stacked even more. Often times this results in pretty lopsided matches. Defending team can't hold first point, attacking teams curb stomps point A and now has an incredible advantage on the second point as it's likely the attacking team has a shit load of ultimates while the defending team doesn't. Yeah, the defending team now can react and change their composition but generally for that first hold it's going to be quite difficult if they run in with several ultimates and you have zero.

In the above scenario it comes down to guess work and with matches not being that long, it seems silly, at least in competitive that your attack and defense can be won and loss based on what heroes you decide to pick right out of the gate. Yeah sure it happens in a more 'balanced' composition as well but I don't think it's as frequent as watching something like multiple Winstons jump out the door or something else.

There are issues though and I think the worst issue is that people are going to be locked on playing a hero they want to play if somebody else picks it first. I think however that while an issue, in competitive play your team should want to win, so people swapping over or swapping out shouldn't be an issue (certainly won't be an issue with a 6 stack or even high stacks) outside of possibly solo or duo queue.

2-3 tanks is fairly common in competitive, not having the ability to get multiple reapers to counter really shouldn't be an issue though IMO. Zen shreds tanks (especially with buffs) and basically allows any sustained offensive character to shred tanks as well (76 basically turns into a ranged reaper, etc).

I will say that I normally don't see rampant hero stacking on maps that aren't control point ones, where Winston, Tracers and Lucios are essentially everywhere. I think my favorite change this patch is OT not being as long and increased respawn time when the map goes into overtime. While it's intense, there is nothing more annoying than people spamming Winstons, D'Va, Tracer, Genji and suiciding on a point in hopes to extend OT long enough (although it's rectified to some extent with hero stacking going away).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You know what I mean. :P

It's not like two of anything was overpowered, it was just trolling with Tracers mostly.
    Double winston was considered pretty OP in competitive.
    Mc Cree was mainly nerfed due to team running double Mc Cree to cheese his one shot mechanic. I imagine that having just one mc cree do that in pro play back then would not have been a huge deal.
    Also the cancer comp of x2 lucio x2tracer x2 winston was starting to get popular. And unlike what another poster said this is not blizzards inability to balance around same hero stacking as that is nearly impossible without making a hero useless on an individual level.
    You cannot just assume that hero will only be picked when stacked and balance him/her around being multiples of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think you're confused about the distinction between favourable/unfavourable opinions and implemented/not implemented. People can still disagree with the decision even while it is added. Nor does Blizzard implementing it mean it's "right" (as evidence by, say, the coin flip). People who disagree with that design direction are still going to dislike it regardless of whether it happens or not.
    i am not confused at all this game mode is called COMPETITIVE for a reason there is nothing competitive about stacking 2-3 heroes and rush a map this is not how competition works.
    on the other hand it's going to get alot harder now to cap points on certain maps they might have to balance this,heck if it was me i'd put more restrictions on competitive like not more then 2 tanks.

people still can go and play quickplay if they disagree so the choice is given people who willingly join competitive have to agree to the rules this is how it should have been from the start
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Why not simply nerf heroes as soon as they are 2 in one team ?

I don't know, like :
    - duplicate heroes = ultimate charging divided by 2, 3 if there are 3, etc...
    - nerf of some spells, for example 1k shields for double Reinhardt instead of 2k, same for Winston's bubble

I think there are some solutions better than the complete restriction

The cancer comps with 4x Tracers or D.Va to extend Overtime is already solved by the Overtime changes anyway, that only lets the 2xWinston/2xLucio/2xTracer or Reaper to nerf

15+ Year Old Account
    Please implement this is Quick Queue. Please.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED