Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Police brutality on blacks. Guess what it needs to be addressed.
    Are you aware of what it's like in Canada or the role it had in saving black people from slavery?

The point is that lyrical change is completely gratuitous : it's not a pun or a word or two switched, it's two sentences coming absolutely from nowhere and who does not fit at all in the hymn, thematically or lyrically.

Both from the English and French version (the former butchering the later)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Are you aware of what it's like in Canada or the role it had in saving black people from slavery?
    My man. What does that have to do with police brutality today and the unfair treatment of black people in general. Have some compassion.

I agree with Tennisace, we should euthanize the Tenors.

Question : what was the direct conscequence of the Fugitive Slave act ?

Quote Originally Posted by VTerpsichore View Post
    This confuses me... if this was the case, which i believe it was to start with, but then has manifested into something horrible like everything in this world, then why do they shoots cops, shoot white cops, shut down roads, shut down highways, and interrupt other events that also matter for other people, and many many other things?
    1 guy shot those cops...and he did so alone. According to the Dallas Chief of Police Micah X. Johnson said he was not affiliated with any groups. Before he started shooting those cops...the protest was actually very peaceful. Cops and Protestors were taking selfies together and shit.

My man. What does that have to do with police brutality today and the unfair treatment of black people in general. Have some compassion.
    So you don't understand where it all stems from. Like many youths today, you're a rebel without a cause. I'd laugh but this is just......

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Wtf, is this a real thought? All lives maters usually espoused by white supremacists? Get off your fucking high horse.
    He's just trolling, as usual. 3/10.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Question : what was the direct conscequence of the Fugitive Slave act ?
    That was if they were captured, but Canada was sanctuary; a separate country, not a northern state.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2016-07-13 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't understand where it all stems from. Like many youths today, you're a rebel without a cause. I'd laugh but this is just......
    Of course I know the root causes. I'm not sure why you're deflecting from the topic. Where is your heart?

Police brutality on blacks. Guess what it needs to be addressed.
    Why isn't blm spreading their message in Africa where members of opposing tribes still kos?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I know the root causes. I'm not sure why you're deflecting from the topic. Where is your heart?
    If you knew, you wouldn't have asked
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    BLM never said "Our lives are more important".

BLM said that "Black Lives Matter" it didn't say "No other Lives matter" any more than When I say "Apple Pie is good" do I actually say "All other pies are shit"
    They do say disparaging things about white people and treat them terribly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PepperedAngus View Post
    wtf i hate canadians now
    Canadians matter too!

1 guy shot those cops...and he did so alone. According to the Dallas Chief of Police Micah X. Johnson said he was not affiliated with any groups. Before he started shooting those cops...the protest was actually very peaceful. Cops and Protestors were taking selfies together and shit.
    Agreed, but you are talking about one thing... i am talking about many many things.
    he also said he did it for BLM, he was sick of white cops killing black people.
    what about the Mexican and Asian cops that were shot just chillin in their car?
    You ignore everything but the most resent incident, it only shows you are as bad/ignorant as the people you are commenting against.

They do say disparaging things about white people and treat them terribly.
    Some people who have shouted out "Black Lives Matter" have done these things, yes.
    Some "All Lives Matter" people have said some pretty terrible things about Black People too.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Beyonce comes out at a game and praises a black superiority group but some guys simply stating that we're all in this together in their national anthem get the proverbial, controversial shaft.

Nice, western civilization. Nice.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Stupid petty outrages for nothing important.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Justin Treadeau will use words to hurt them.
    ^this
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    So Beyonce comes out at a game and praises a black superiority group but some guys simply stating that we're all in this together in their national anthem get the proverbial, controversial shaft.

I didn't like either instance but at least Beyonce was not disrespecting an entire country.

Quote Originally Posted by VTerpsichore View Post
    Agreed, but you are talking about one thing... i am talking about many many things.
    he also said he did it for BLM, he was sick of white cops killing black people.
    what about the Mexican and Asian cops that were shot just chillin in their car?
    You ignore everything but the most resent incident, it only shows you are as bad/ignorant as the people you are commenting against.
    He said he was sick of white cops killing black people, that much is true...but he was not affiliated with BLM. Trying to put his murders on BLM is dishonest.
    What Asian and Mexican Cops are you referring to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post

Beyonce didn't do that while singing the national anthem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I didn't like either instance but at least Beyonce was not disrespecting an entire country.
    You're right, she only disrespected half a country.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

All Lives Matter - if you think otherwise, you are racist.

Pushing a color agenda, i.e. Black Lives Matter, just makes people hate you more. Grow up.

He said he was sick of white cops killing black people, that much is true...but he was not affiliated with BLM. Trying to put his murders on BLM is dishonest.
    What Asian and Mexican Cops are you referring to?
    Im not saying he was affiliated with, but he believes he did it for them. This is what people do, going "rogue" so to speak. This kinda only hurts the BLM movement.

The Mexican and Asian cops i was talking about happened back in dec of 2014. although im sure this was another rogue person, he again was sick of everything and took matters into his own hands.

There are many many other cases.

But im wasn't trying to argue or start a fight about these people, just stating that its part of it.

My point was, although BLM doesn't mean ONLY blacks, but for all people. why go about it the wrong way by breaking the laws and blocking streets and interrupting other peoples noble causes? everyone wants the same things, so to speak.

Edit: mistakes pointed out by dexersmith. Good lookin out!
    Last edited by VTerpsichore; 2016-07-13 at 04:40 PM.