Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

Is McCree too strong again?

Right now, his normal fire does a ridiculous amount of damage. Anyone with good aim can two shot people fairly easily from long range.

Better players were already flashbang + 2 headshots on most targets anyways, and that didn't get nerfed so they only hit his pubstomping capabilities and tank shredding. So if you believe he always did too much damage, than yes you would think he is too strong still.

I'm on the fence, his damage is pretty high but he feels fairly balanced.

Well I'd think anyone with good aim would shoot opposing player well in general.
    Tested him out in PTR a bit, I find him in a better place than the previous changes. Definitely expecting less 76 and more Mccree if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Right now, his normal fire does a ridiculous amount of damage. Anyone with good aim can two shot people fairly easily from long range.
    You mean, just like Soldier, Bastion, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Mei, and Zenyatta? Good maybe he can compete for a DPS slot again

Which doesn't apply to 90% of the playerbase.
    For the 10% it does, all other offense heroes are able to easily kill at range.

There's balanced nerfs, and there's what they did to McCree.

I noticed on tank yesterday he was still gunning down tanks with a roll easy peasy and I saw a lot of people running around just right clicking. I asked if he got a buff because I saw more of him than I saw Reapers yesterday. He didn't change but Mercy pumping his power lets him one shot people from ranged.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-07-13 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I noticed on tank yesterday he was still gunning down tanks with a roll easy peasy and I saw a lot of people running around just right clicking. I asked if he got a buff because I saw more of him than I saw Reapers yesterday. He didn't change but Mercy pumping his power lets him one shot people from ranged.
    To be fair, try Soldier76 with the 50% boost, its ridiculous. I think it should be toned down, its a bit too extreme now. Mercy was already #1 healer in competitive everytime we limit the 1 hero per team. Which is what blizzard is making the standard rule now. If her amp up is that strong, lucio will only see play in KOTH. I really dont think mercy needed buffs at all.

McCree himself needs that boots, he no longer had a place. He only counter tracers in close range and thats if tacer is alone because he has to head shot her, which is harder to do then pretty much 99% of everything else in this game when you have winstons and pharah pushing you across rooms and shit. I think in this current form, hes another counter to pharah and able to give soldier 76 a run for his money. It is a slow firing single shot gun it should have decent reward at every range. He should have been made like that form the start honestly, none of that close range spam bullshit, leave it to shotgun classes.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-07-13 at 03:14 PM.

Deleted
    I just played some games vs a very good Mccree who had his pocket Mercy all the time. Mercy did nothing apart boosting and sporadically healing him. Well suffice to say he dominated every single game with no problem. I was initially sceptic in saying Mccree + Mercy was OP, but now that I saw it in capable hands (not pro like, but the guy was good) I am leaning towards the "mercy boost is too strong". Mccree himself without is fine. Mccree pumped with Mercy boost and Nano is a destroyer of worlds. I hope it won't go live as is.
    Everything else on the PTR seems ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Better players were already flashbang + 2 headshots on most targets anyways, and that didn't get nerfed so they only hit his pubstomping capabilities and tank shredding. So if you believe he always did too much damage, than yes you would think he is too strong still.

I'm on the fence, his damage is pretty high but he feels fairly balanced.
    One of the problems with Mcree is that he's also pretty much THE counter to things like Tracer in higher MMR and competitive play. He's still pretty disgusting in the right hands but knocking him down in viability is an indirect buff to Tracer and Pharah who are already controlling games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    He's sick again, but I didn't know that he lost so much damage potential at medium range @ live.

They didn't buff/nerf his damage at all, right? They only buffed his damage-fall-off?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    One of the problems with Mcree is that he's also pretty much THE counter to things like Tracer in higher MMR and competitive play. He's still pretty disgusting in the right hands but knocking him down in viability is an indirect buff to Tracer and Pharah who are already controlling games.
    The problem was that he was good at everything, killing at ranged, killing close, killing soft targets, killing tanks, he killed pretty much anything pretty efficiently. That was his direct impact on the game, in current version he can still kill soft targets like tracer just as easily and he isn't incapable of taking out pharah. I'll take indirect buffs to those two over his direct domination of everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    He's sick again, but I didn't know that he lost so much damage potential at medium range @ live.

They didn't buff/nerf his damage at all, right? They only buffed his damage-fall-off?
    His right click 'fan the hammer' went from 70 dmg to 45, because he was totaling tanks by stunning, fan, roll, fan and dead before the stun wore off. He was designed to counter tracer, not crush tanks like tin cans.

The problem was that he was good at everything, killing at ranged, killing close, killing soft targets, killing tanks, he killed pretty much anything pretty efficiently. That was his direct impact on the game, in current version he can still kill soft targets like tracer just as easily and he isn't incapable of taking out pharah. I'll take indirect buffs to those two over his direct domination of everyone.
    Oh I know, I'm just stating in agreeance that the nerfs he took were mostly to his pubstomping ability since he can't just lolfan and kill ANYTHING in front of him constantly.

Good players can still wreck with his left click due to the precision of the shot and he's still incredibly strong with good play, but that hitting him any further would require other adjustments since he's the main thing even remotely keeping Tracer and Pharah in check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    His right click 'fan the hammer' went from 70 dmg to 45, because he was totaling tanks by stunning, fan, roll, fan and dead before the stun wore off. He was designed to counter tracer, not crush tanks like tin cans.
    I thought we were talking about PTR changes here, because the tweaks to his drop-off range made him quite strong again. His 'fan the hammer' skill isn't really affected by this.

Deleted
    The problem was that he was good at everything, killing at ranged, killing close, killing soft targets, killing tanks, he killed pretty much anything pretty efficiently.
    With a pocket Mercy boost he is exactly back to that point. And the higher the player skills, the most devastating it becomes obviously.
    I'd say that if people didn't like the FB+FtH old combo Mccree, they will not like the Mercy + Left click Mccree either. It is just too impactfull on a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo1444 View Post
    With a pocket Mercy boost he is exactly back to that point. And the higher the player skills, the most devastating it becomes obviously.
    I'd say that if people didn't like the FB+FtH old combo Mccree, they will not like the Mercy + Left click Mccree either. It is just too impactfull on a game.
    Yes but you have to spend 2 players to do what 1 use to do alone, and if Mercy is focusing on you she isn't healing her team. It requires a highly skilled pin point non-scoped accuracy to make this work, and I am fine with that so long as it takes 2 players to make that kind of devastation work. It's not a one man murder machine like it use to be.

The other day I was at the gas station as 76 on the second floor near the street sign in the back and a mercy was powering me up and I pretty much held the entire pass from the safety of long range while watching the two doors in the cliff, the sky, top of gas station and the road with the payload, then toss on his ult and it made a much scarier combo than McCree would of made as I have long pin point ranged attack, self-heal, aoe blast and half a clip would kill anyone with the mercy boost.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-07-13 at 04:49 PM.

Apparently he's supposed to be the counter to pharah with the soldier nerf, hence them extending his range.

Depending on how far it is he could get back to how he was on the beta where he was practically a mini sniper, which wouldn't be the worst thing. It might be too strong but it'd take damn good aim to pull off which should be rewarding.

I'm more worried about buffing the mercy beam, I just can't fathom what made them think she needed it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Apparently he's supposed to be the counter to pharah with the soldier nerf, hence them extending his range.

Depending on how far it is he could get back to how he was on the beta where he was practically a mini sniper, which wouldn't be the worst thing. It might be too strong but it'd take damn good aim to pull off which should be rewarding.

I'm more worried about buffing the mercy beam, I just can't fathom what made them think she needed it.
    Yeah it is pretty much bring Mercy or go home.

- - - Updated - - -

I am hearing that Zenyatta is pretty op with headshots now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't understand the Mercy damage buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Wait?! what when and how? I havent heard of any nerfs please specifiy.
    Slight nerf to the speed he gets ult charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Yeah I don't understand the Mercy damage buff.
    They nerfed her ult, so they buffed something else. Not sure it should've been that, but.. Eh. I don't complain.

Anyone with good aim can two shot people fairly easily from long range.
    This is not something that you nerf for. You don't nerf stuff because people are too good. That makes no sense. The game already has enough I.W.I.N. buttons and unskilled autoaim ults as it is. Nerfing the things that actually take skill will only make the game less skillbased