Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbramancer View Post
    Demonbolt looks like ass
    Wait, whaaaaaat? I think Demonbolt looks amazing. The spell itself and the crazy casting aura.

however, I kinda miss the 3 smaller Shadow Bolts thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIhere View Post
    So let me get this straight.

Warlocks get:

- Green fire class quest
    - Tons of new spell effect updates that totally outclass mage spell effects. (Seriously, some of their abilities look incredible)
    - Various new talents including Demonbolt spell which also has amazing visual effects.
    - Lots of attention because they lost metamorphosis and now has amazing spec identity in demonology as well as various new spells.
    - Visually the class looks extremely appealing.

Mages get:

- Arcane still has ugly vanilla animations, looks lackluster and it's three level 100 talent abilities consist of: 2 Buffs and an Arcane Orb. Because everybody loves orbs right? No.
    - Arcane Barrage looks decent, Arcane Blast doesn't even have an animation and Arcane Missles uses the same animations from Vanilla.
    - Fire mage gets interesting new spell effects, no concerns there. Although I can't help but feel that fireball needs to look more intimidating rather than a ball texture I could probably whip up on Unity.
    - Frost mage also lacks any visually interesting spell effects, Frostbolt is as uninteresting as usual, Blizzard still hasn't been updated yet Druid AoE abilities get updated. Frozen Orb, need I say more about orbs? And...nobody likes the ice barrier spell effect and Frost Ray looks terrible.

I love the mage class, but when it feels this neglected in terms of visual effects, it's hard not to be in awe of the attention they are giving to Warlocks. I don't even need to mention what melee classes are getting in terms of visual updates here. That much should be obvious.

Suggestion, give us a minor glyph for Arcane Lightning aka Purple Lightning to replace arcane abilities. It's been suggested on the forums and sounds refreshing.
    green fire quest is the only one here i agree with, that all classes should get something of
    and turning into a giant fireball isnt cool? this one warlocks get the same...
    so do mages...? like meteor storm, comet storm, arcane crystal, etc...
    yes because a whole spec being removed... they need a new spec to replace it?
    ehh i say the same about mages....

alot of warlocks animations are still from vanilla, or just lame... (also green fire is being removed from alot of spells sadly...)
    yeah arcane blast does need a animation...
    agreed.... god the phoenix and new flamestrike is amazing...(also yes but do you know how much more CPU a actual "ball of fire" would reqire? so having a ball that has effects is much easier and less CPU hogging... look at incenerate, its simply like a line of flame particals...)
    eh i like frost, its looking pretty cool so far, love the new giant iscle effect

its far from being visual changes but also yeah green fire quest is mostly removed from warlocks these days.... affliction and demo have NO SPELLS affected by it... really... no spells... and destro channel demonfire is green by default, and only incenrate is effected by it... so only that is affected by it... chaos bolt doesent change, infernals dont anymore... and cataclysm

so, Incenrate, and cataclysm, are the only 2 spells affected by green fire now :P (and the mount, and i guess also burning rush but yeah...)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree Arcane really needs some updates (and also frost bolt), but I don't think Warlocks are any better than us. I mean look at Affliction! The spec barely has any animations! They basically only ever see drain life (cool animation nonetheless, but still it's only 1 spell).

Arcane Mages need to become living ion cannons asap! Please, Blizzard!

Yeah.... Getting some of the animations brought to currentish standards would be nice. But you know, i can live with older spell models and effects if it means they don't keep gutting and pruning major parts of our caster kit. Just wait for it as melee; you know one of these days they are going to go and add some really cool spell effect to things like Charge and Execute..... then remove them the next patch/expack.

And by remove I mean remove the ability, not just the spell effect.
    Last edited by shirokitsune; 2016-07-14 at 05:22 AM. Reason: clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by shirokitsune View Post
    Yeah.... Getting some of the animations brought to currentish standards would be nice. But you know, i can live with older spell models and effects if it means they don't keep gutting and pruning major parts of our caster kit. Just wait for it as melee; you know one of these days they are going to go and add some really cool spell effect to things like Charge and Execute..... then remove them the next patch/expack.

And by remove I mean remove the ability, not just the spell effect.
    They gave Charge a cool new spell effect in Legion and it's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    They gave Charge a cool new spell effect in Legion and it's not going anywhere.
    Wait... If charge isn't going anywhere... that just makes it a standing idle animation? Doesn't it? Or perhaps a "Path not found" error

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I like Arcane's animations. I like that Arcane Blast isn't just a purple shadow/frost/fire bolt. [..] I would be pretty upset if Arcane's spells got changed to something overproduced and garish.
    I always liked the subtlety of Arcane Blast "it is doing big damage but it doesn't show visually".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they give us back the old Evocation animation. The current one sucks ass and should never have replaced the original.

Holy sweet necro batman mother...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Even though Frosts spells are outdated I like them, they look fine imo.
    I miss the old Pyroblast, new Pyroblast is too small.
    Arcane reaaaaally needs new animations, press Arcane Blast 90% of a fight with no animation sucks.

The old evocation animation was awful, it was just a shitty low res tornado.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the arcane blast graphic would stand out more.....larger in radius or something.

I'd be fine if they updated the arcane power animation. Whether baseline or a glyph, I'd like something like Archon from D3.

Quote Originally Posted by GemaRawr View Post
    I'd be fine if they updated the arcane power animation. Whether baseline or a glyph, I'd like something like Archon from D3.
    Imagine this instead of Arcane Missiles current version:

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Imagine this instead of Arcane Missiles current version:

As a glyph, yes.
    The baseline spell should still be, you know, missiles.

7+ Year Old Account

you asked for it, they delivered, they are pretty awesome in my opinion

(btw the frost video is old, so some of it is out of date)
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-17 at 06:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Warlocks just got, vanilla pet models updated (it took an xpac/ tier focused on demons no less)

Lost verdant spheres/ malefic grasp/ self immolation (butning embers) fire got the spheres/ self immo

Aff is about as visually boring as arcane imo.

Half of our minor glyphs are negated by GoSac.

We lost meta and the entire spec had to be rebuilt into an immobile BM 2.0

Why is it nobody says a thing when hunters get new pets/ taming challenges every content patch?

They already posted they were doing melee first and then caster animations.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd still argue that Fire Mage has ugly spells. The new spell effects are nice as they look extra crackly but the animations to drive the spell to the target are awful. Fireball and Pyroblast are easily some of the most boring looking spells in the game and definitely say 'welcome to 2004'.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    The old evocation animation was awful, it was just a shitty low res tornado.
    Are you talking about the current one? It's a shitty low-res tornado that has no build or anything to it. It's literally the worst animation in the game's history.