Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d0e1ow View Post
    The police are fucking scary. This guy fucked up for sure, but is our country really to the point where "not complying" = death when it comes to the cops? Are they cops or a military attache in the middle of a warzone? Are they police and us citizens, or do we become fucking hostages the minute they "detain" us?

Fuck that. I always tell my husband, "You get stopped by a cop: you don't speak, you don't argue, you don't bargain. You just sit down, shut up, do what they tell you. They own you until they decide to let you go."

Someone in the thread said in America the odds of the person having a gun are sky high, hence the trigger happy police... I agree. Yet nutballs will still argue that we need MORE GUNS out on the streets and in everyone's hands.

Do you think this man would have been shot dead in England or France? I bet not. He'd be in a mental hospital getting help, not on the morgue's table being prepared for an early grave.

People will keep on defending guns and acting like having an armed populace "makes us safe." It doesn't do shit. It just kills us and makes our police on edge 24/7.
    I was going to agree with you and then I saw you signature.
    Fucking religion. eugh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    I'd actually commend the police for waiting as long as they did to shoot. Army training is MUCH MUCH different, half step forward= 2 in the chest and 1 in the head
    this, you dumb fuck, is because the police are supposed to protect whereas the army are supposed to kill. you monkey.

[Infracted - Flaming]
    Last edited by Annoying; 2016-07-14 at 03:24 PM.

Two to the chest, one to the head. Don't these cops know anything?

At least they both double tapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auod View Post
    this, you dumb fuck, is because the police are supposed to protect whereas the army are supposed to kill. you monkey.
    @Endus, maybe its time to infract a few people that agree with you as well?
    If me or a few others would have acted out like this chap I would have been banned 20 seconds ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    When mmo-champ left wingers turn on you, you know you've done wrong.
    Care to explain how this is a left or right issue??????

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Not complying with the police = capital punishment.

Your country is fucked up.
    What's the alternative? A potentially dead cop?

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    If me or a few others would have acted out like this chap I would have been banned 20 seconds ago.
    Endus hasn't been active for like 3 weeks. I've been holding out hope he was relieved of his mod duty but he is probably just on holiday or something.

And the poster mentioned has been reported. Merely a matter of time before a mod will come in and give him an infraction. Sometimes it take a little while. Just have patience.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    No, failure to adhere to commands while posing a threat to officers enables the officers to use self defense. But you're obviously from the cut of cloth who thinks a police officer needs to be willing to give up his life to save yours.
    So how was he exactly a threat????? Taser him maybe? Get in behind him? Shoot out his leg? This blind defense of cops is so pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triskell View Post
    So how was he exactly a threat????? Taser him maybe? Get in behind him? Shoot out his leg? This blind defense of cops is so pathetic.
    Shoot out his leg /facedesk Cops aren't really trained to do that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh don't be so damn dramatic.

Yes, if officers are giving you an order to stop and show your hands and you keep advancing on them with a hand behind your back, you're going to have a bad day, and this kid knew that.
    Do you have proof that he knew it???? Maybe he was having a mental issue? But hey, don't let the lack of facts get in the way of your blind support for cops.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Do you really think he will escape from getting one? Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if someone approached you with one arm behind their back and you didn't know them, you wouldn't feel threatened, especially if they kept approaching after you warn them to stop? You'd be totally okay with it?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What do you think, suicide by police?

Does it bother you he was unarmed?
    Doesn't bother me that he was unarmed since, from the description and the video, the person was acting highly suspicious and was clearly aware of the police and the orders being given to him. I don't have any issues with the police actions shown in the video.

That said, you do realize that the 19 year old was given a tremendous amount of leeway, and that the police officer's actions were appropriate given him plenty of warning and chances to comply. This not comparable to a great number of shootings of black men where warnings were given no more than once with immediate gunfire following, no warning at all, or even shooting when they were complying with orders.

Isn't it interesting that when the police were clearly in the right, the video can be released in well under a month when it takes years for the same videos to be released in the more questionable circumstances, or the video was lost, or the cameras just happened to not be working, or happened to fall off?

Just things to think about before the stupid comparisons start popping up...

I like the people who are crying Suicide by police, but if this was a black man you would all be crying in outrage that the cop was in the wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Endus hasn't been active for like 3 weeks. I've been holding out hope he was relieved of his mod duty but he is probably just on holiday or something.

And the poster mentioned has been reported. Merely a matter of time before a mod will come in and give him an infraction. Sometimes it take a little while. Just have patience.
    One can only fucking hope and pray that is the case.
    Id be so happy.. id probably cry a little bit (from happiness of course).

Wonder when a mod is coming in to ban that person though.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-07-14 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auod View Post

[Infracted - Flaming]
    Actually that's exactly true, which is what they were doing. With someone that mentally unbalanced. who knows when the clock would have went off and he shot up a school, then bleeding hearts like yourself would take to the internet in a rage about "OMG, why didn't the cops DO something".

Tell me, from watching the video, what does he have tucked into his pants at the back? a gun? a bomb? a digimon toy? You don't know do you? Of course not

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh don't be so damn dramatic.

Yes, if officers are giving you an order to stop and show your hands and you keep advancing on them with a hand behind your back, you're going to have a bad day, and this kid knew that.
    Read my whole post. I'm sympathetic to the police to a degree. You don't know who has a gun in this country. You can buy them like milk. I live in the South and getting a gun here is -really- easy. They are everywhere. I probably never entered a home as a child that did not have a firearm in it. My 60-something year old in-laws pack heat in their car.

I don't blame cops for always thinking "Well, they probably are armed!" It's ruined the way cops view us though. When the whole populace you are supposed to "protect and serve" is also potentially packing... well... you're going to be scared of them.

The result is that people like me who don't carry a gun and who have only ever been stopped for a traffic violation are going to be scared of the police. They terrify me. I get out of breath and super nervous when I see one behind me even if I'm not doing anything wrong. They are scary. I don't trust them. They don't trust me, yet they have ultimate power over me and the ability to take my life in an instant. That's intense.

I don't know. I don't think I'm dramatic. I think I'm just tuned in to the massive disparity of power between a citizen and the police, and the kind of tension that the massive presence of firearms in our society introduces into that already unequal relationship.

The man should be alive in a mental ward, but the fact that he may have been packing, because everyone is packing, killed him.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

If you are going to commit suicide just find a tall object and jump. Why do you have to drag these other people into it and now they have to live their lives knowing they had a role to play in your death.

I think you've seen a few too many Bond or Robocop movies... that's not how real life works. The average police or even military person is not specialized in "shooting for the legs" (which is an INSANELY difficult part of the body to hit, even from close range) but to shoot for center mass until resistance has ceased entirely

Do you have proof that he knew it???? Maybe he was having a mental issue? But hey, don't let the lack of facts get in the way of your blind support for cops.
    Careful there, man. Any more hypocrisy and you might tear a hole in the space time.