Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    US officers do it all the time as well.
    But people still defending those who don't while blaming the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    You realize shooting people in limbs is hollywood fantasy right? A moving target is hard to hit as it is, and a smaller target like the arms or legs is even more of a challenge. And the meatiest portion of your arms and legs, the place where in your fantasy land a cop would logically aim, also contain arteries that would cause the person to bleed out in seconds. No one shoots to wound. You shoot to end the threat, and the place every Soldier or Policeman across the globe is trained to aim for is center mass because that's the biggest target.

But keep letting your Call of Duty experience dictate your opinion on how law enforcement should shoot people.
    In other countries highly skilled ninjas dressed as cops are managing to incapacitate targest by not lethally shooting them, but yes shoot to end the threat is the Amurican moto.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2016-07-14 at 03:48 PM.

US officers do it all the time as well.
    US police officers killed more people in april than UK police officers did since 1895.

Just so we,re clear on what it means.

My first thought after reading the first couple of sentences were "Probably did something stupid" whicth is what I think of all police shootings involving a white male victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Triskell View Post
    I would NEVER live there or even visit. and it is NOT applied in every police force. Look at UK, as example. But thanks for the name calling .
    You REALLY want to use the UK as an example of not bigoted or totally unracist people right now? Really.......

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    US police officers killed more people in april than UK police officers did since 1895.

The UK also has a very comprehensive gun ban (which I fully support). You are comparing apples to orcas

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Does it bother you he was unarmed?
    I'd rather have a civilian dead for abusing the trust of a cop, than a cop dead for trusting a civilian too much.

Except that's a silly internet meme "fact" and isn't true. (Even the original author of that article/"infographic" retracted it)
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ther-countries

Such memes

Everywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    I'd rather have a civilian dead for abusing the trust of a cop, than a cop dead for trusting a civilian too much.
    So you your opinion is that the only thing a cop needs to execute you is to assume you are a threat.
    Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    If you are trained you know how to keep he suspect at distance if you don't have space to do it then you take the shot on his leg while taking cover.
    But in Amurica the only viable action as a pig is to let the suspect come really close and then shoot him to the chest.

Are you really implying that a cop has the right to execute you just by assuming you are a threat? Are you really implying that?

Your country is FUBAR.
    It's easy in hindsight to act like this is some tragedy; I suspect you'd be singing a different tune had it turned out he was armed.

Yes, I am saying the cops have a right to use lethal force if they feel you're a threat AND you refuse to comply to eliminate that threat. All he had to do was show his hands. That's it.

Shoot the hand?

Do you guys even know how guns work? Please stop "learning" things from Hollywood.
    Nah, not the hand. You aim for the trigger finger when they pull their gun on you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post

US population is 318.9 million. UK population in 1895 was 56.55 million.

Why are you even comparing this?

What are crime rates in the UK major cites vs population and what are crime rates in US major cities vs crime rates.

How many cops are shot each year in UK cities vs rural areas. How many US cops are shot in American Cities vs Rural areas.

How many Officers in the UK die each year in UK cities. How many US cops die each year in US cities.

Those are all relevant statistics. Your bullshit month to year comparison is completely asinine. They are incomparable. The UK isnt the US. Unless you can prove that in every statistical category that the UK has the same % of everything that the US has. Then these numbers are incomparable.

Except that's not the original claim that you made. Did you already forget the, "Since 1895" claim that you made? Are we backpedaling somewhere now?
    In the last 24 years goes slightly before 1985? Or do you fail at reading class? (And not realise 1895 was a typo?)

Maybe it's time for some other way to control a suspect, rather than just death. I don't think the possibility of suicide by police sounds humane, or something we should just be ok with. I'm not blaming either side, but I'm blaming the outcome, we can do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Maybe it's time for some other way to control a suspect, rather than just death. I don't think the possibility of suicide by police sounds humane, or something we should just be ok with. I'm not blaming either side, but I'm blaming the outcome, we can do better than that.
    Yes. I think people's reactions here really show a kind of moral degradation of our society, definitely a low value on human life. It really is the law of the jungle for some people, and that's because they aren't in touch with their humanity. This is post-modernism at its finest, pals.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    So you your opinion is that the only thing a cop needs to execute you is to assume you are a threat.
    Right?
    If someone is walking to you, one hand concealed and not following the order "put your hands up" even with guns trained on him, then yes, he is a threat.

Or, you could be an idiot, and assume hes not a threat and proceed to get shot.

You're forgetting the part where this is a volatile situation, and instead trying to imply what i meant was

"A cop can walk up to you, shoot you and just pretend you were a threat"

Please don't be obtuse, it just makes you look stupid.

Let's make sure we're clear on this: If you have one hand behind your back, you are walking toward a police officer, that officer engages you, tells you to bring your hand to your front, tells you you will be shot if you don't, you are a threat.

There is no two ways about this. Clear cut and dry. The fact that he didn't have a gun behind his back didn't make him less of a threat to the officer in question at the time.

I am as left-wing, anti-gun, sjw as they come on these forums, but when someone is overtly refusing to comply with reasonable requests, assuming the worst is the only option available to the cop. You don't "keep your distance" and you don't "shoot to wound"; either the person is a threat or they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Recard View Post
    I like the people who are crying Suicide by police, but if this was a black man you would all be crying in outrage that the cop was in the wrong.
    Really would not be. Anyone walking toward a cop with a hand behind their back refusing to comply would be downright stupid at best, and murderous at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's easy in hindsight to act like this is some tragedy; I suspect you'd be singing a different tune had it turned out he was armed.
    Yeah I love how everyone becomes a sage after the event.

Deadly force should always be the first response by police before anythung else has been tried.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

1) How can I "fail at reading" if you're the one that made the typo?

2) The claim that US cops killed more people in april than the UK killed in a century was indeed an article that was written - along with an infographic that was passed around the internet about it. So yeah, somehow I think you're being less than honest at this point, unless you just somehow totally randomly managed to fabricate the exact topic and material of that article with "typos".
    You fail at reading because it was prety damn obvious that such statistics can't go as far back as 1895, that would be such a ludicrous claim. Especially in the light of the link I provided next to put even more eight on my initial argument.

US Ppolice officers are badly trained, trigger happy and completely lack any kind of mental preparation to deal with civilians on a daily basis judging by the sole number of civilian deaths at their hands yearly

When you have to compile 3 decades worth of killings in the 5th economical power to even match a single month of regular police shootings in the US, you *know* something is terribly wrong and using lame ass excuses like "Not the same number of guns", "Not the same country", "Apples and oranges" and all those usual driveby comments made to disregard anything that remotely encourages you to look in the mirror and realise you have a serious problem with your police forces.

Here's a clue, your police forces suck, they do a terrible job, they have a wild west complex and have racism so deepluy ingrained in their system that it's a miracle people aren't rioting against them. That shit wouldn't fly anywhere else in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    It doesn't really matter what kind of defense training an officer has if the potential gunman/bomber/whatever decides to turn and kill other people. All this talk about keeping distance and defensive techniques does nothing to help innocent bystanders. The threat isn't just towards the officer, but potentially everyone in the area.

The officers could have gambled and not shot the man, and he wouldn't have died, or he could have killed people. Alternatively, if the man WAS armed and had the intention to kill, the officers would be the unsung heroes that saved innocent people right now. There's no way to know which is the case when it's happening with these circumstances. All they can do is trust in the most basic form of common sense (self preservation) and hope the person complies. These things happen, as well as random innocent people getting killed.

There's never an easy answer.