Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That's a tough one to decide, but leaning more towards suicide by police.

On one hand, the police didn't have to perform kill shots and could've shot his legs and arms.
    On the other hand, you never really know what could happen if you don't do kill shots. Maybe he could've turned around and killed the cops, who knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Well, that's all I'm asking, and I think more should ask it too. Obviously 100 percent no accidental deaths is a dream, but why not strive for it, because complacency in the system can lead to the issue getting worse.
    The problem is that with a population like the US has, having 365 police shootings in a year would be an amazingly successful and positive result. It would be astonishingly, overwhelmingly positive.

It also would mean one police shooting on the news every single day of the year. People in their regular lives don't see that relative to the ~320 million people living in the US, they just see one shooting a day and say things like "all cops are murderers can't you see they're killing someone every day".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Not complying with the police = capital punishment.

Your country is fucked up.
    Anyone who conflates this scenario with refusing to show ID is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Where do you have 365 million people from now?
    I mean, it's all nice and stuff, but if you wanna come across educated, get your numbers straight in the first place.
    Besides, nice how you consider yourself not irrelevant..
    But, in fact, you are too.
    Yet in one aspect you aren't. Your lack of compassion and empathy are actually alarming. It's a sociopath trait. Sociopath's are often turning psychopathic..
    And those are the ones that are our biggest problem. They are the breed of people getting unhinged, killing plenty people in the process.
    So, people like you, should consequently never ever be anywhere near any firearms.
    IF we accomplish that, we'll see the death by police force rates go down too.
    318 million, I'm not sure why I thought our population was higher. Small error on the total population, rest of the points still stand.

I'm not a sociopath, thanks for blatantly flaming though and implying I could become a mass shooter. Going to avoid writing a wall of text spergy blogpost about how I'm not one though, so just take my word for it. Or don't, and make believe I'm about to fly off the handle.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Next thing you're going to be telling us is that Santa isn't real either.

(Let's also not forget that a bullet to a femoral artery is generally going to be fatal as well and that bullets bounce off bones in the arms and enter the chest cavity causing fatalities)
    So smart, but you forgot that he's neutralized then, and they can secure the wound, call an ambulance. Life, even with one leg would be better than death. Percentage wise even if the ricochet happens he'd still have a better chance to live than 2 in the chest, and 1 in the head. It's a strawman anyway, because the people acting like the cops only choice was to kill. Are the ones acting like us humans can't even think of alternatives, and we are neanderthals placed in this technological advanced society.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's easy in hindsight to act like this is some tragedy; I suspect you'd be singing a different tune had it turned out he was armed.

Yes, I am saying the cops have a right to use lethal force if they feel you're a threat AND you refuse to comply to eliminate that threat. All he had to do was show his hands. That's it.
    wasn't there just recently a fatal shooting in which a police officer shot and killed someone who complied and showed his hands?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    318 million, I'm not sure why I thought our population was higher. Small error on the total population, rest of the points still stand.

I'm not a sociopath, thanks for blatantly flaming though and implying I could become a mass shooter. Going to avoid writing a wall of text spergy blogpost about how I'm not one though, so just take my word for it. Or don't, and make believe I'm about to fly off the handle.
    You listen to metal, you must be the devil.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You listen to metal, you must be the devil.
    Shit, you're right.

Look for me in court, I'll be the one saying Darkthrone made me do it

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    US exceptionalism, right?

I could have said any country anywhere. India, China, Both have large populations, unlike the US they arent a giant mix of different cultures. So you cant even compare them to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Shoot out his leg /facedesk Cops aren't really trained to do that.
    Correct. For those who don't know how this works. As a police officer, you are trained to shoot to kill if you pull the trigger. I'm pretty sure shooting to injure would be considered some kind of torture. A firearm should not be discharged unless there is imminent danger and the use of deadly force is required. Police aren't trained to "wing" the bad guy to slow them down or get them to surrender.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Suicide by Police.
    Looks like it. He didn't have a weapon, but he was acting as if he had one. Approaching the police instead of staying there, reaching behind his back as if he had a weapon? The only other thing I can think of would be if he was a complete idiot who thought he'd save them the trouble of walking and get his billfold out of his back pocket or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Anyone who conflates this scenario with refusing to show ID is a moron.
    and being a moron is a crime worth capital punishment?

I've got bad news for Darksi.... certain people on this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post

I am not flaming...
    You considered 900+ people as irrelevant.
    Guess what, even ONE person is not irrelevant.
    That was and is the point there is.
    If you strip people down to fractions you're lacking compassion and empathy for their lives.
    At least think about that aspect.
    Maybe you aren't a sociopath, I take your word for it. Not that I'd have much of another choice either.
    But that requires for you to realize the flaw in your thinking.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The problem is that with a population like the US has, having 365 police shootings in a year would be an amazingly successful and positive result. It would be astonishingly, overwhelmingly positive.

It also would mean one police shooting on the news every single day of the year. People in their regular lives don't see that relative to the ~320 million people living in the US, they just see one shooting a day and say things like "all cops are murderers can't you see they're killing someone every day".
    It's complacency again, but what happens when it's your son, sister, or family member, then maybe those 365 deaths would look a lot different. Of course it's easier if you're not linked with that particular person, but being humane is the idea here. It's not a weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Correct. For those who don't know how this works. As a police officer, you are trained to shoot to kill if you pull the trigger. I'm pretty sure shooting to injure would be considered some kind of torture. A firearm should not be discharged unless there is imminent danger and the use of deadly force is required. Police aren't trained to "wing" the bad guy to slow them down or get them to surrender.
    fact: The Police in the US only has donuts and Guns to defend themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I could have said any country anywhere. India, China, Both have large populations, unlike the US they arent a giant mix of different cultures. So you cant even compare them to the US.
    Such ignorance of the reality of India and China.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Lets see. Did we lock up prisoners of war and gas them? Did we take civilians and do the same just because of their nationality?

War is War. Killing your own citizens because you need a scapegoat is not even close. Try again.
    Genocide doesn't have gassing as requirement. Would you like to try again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. He was told what to do and he refused to do it. He appeared to be a threat, and they're trained to end those threats. He was given a choice and he made it.
    They're trained to DEescalate situations and confirm or identify a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Genocide doesn't have gassing as requirement. Would you like to try again?
    If you are going to hold America responsible for genocide, can you at least use the Native Americans? You know, the one we actually did? We didn't genocide the Vietnamese or Iraqis.

A very good point. I'll add to it with the outside world looking at the USA saying shit like "we don't have that here" or "the USA is fucked" etc etc. you folks saying this just need to stop. Seriously. It's like comparing apples to race cars. The cultural differences that don't put people in the same day to day situations are immense. There is a known cultural problem in the USA that drives a lot of the behavior resulting in bad judgement from police and criminals. The answer isn't as simple as "get rid of guns" or "get rid of police" etc. this country needs to change its outlook in many many ways to get these incidents to a nil or acceptable level. The first (imo only) is to stop demonizing so many different things for people making poor choices. Not everyone can be safe at any one given time. Yo won't ever abolish all crime so the need for protection from criminals and the need for police is necessary. It's how the people that use those instruments to be a large factor. Stricter gun regulation. By this I do not mean gun confiscation unless you are a known criminal etc. another thing to consider is NOT making policy on minor statistics and on people that make poor choices. You can't save everyone. Reasonable policy like seat belts for children is one I can think of. If an adult wants to be an idiot an not fasten their belt to prevent becoming a human projectile, then fuck 'em. Something along those lines. Not saying my idea is perfect but just trying to paint a picture of the need of policy for the better of society based on sound logic vs the need for policy because "the feels" or because one guy one time somewhere "x" happened to him so now we have a stupid ass law.