Thread: New hero - Ana

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Read who i quoted lol. Someone disappointed if we know Ana is heterosexual.... I mean i guess a character being a heterosexual mother is just not unique enough.
    Not that it matters, Ana could still be bi.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I am a bit confused.

In the blizzard trailers/videos Ana is shown on rooftops and other high places, which makes sense as a sniper.
    Similar to hanzo or widow i expected her to have a "get to that roof" ability.

But she lacks any kind of mobility or wall climb... so in most situations she will just stand on the low ground?
    Makes no sense for a sniper...
    Yeah, this is a good point and one that I was wondering myself.

I think she has a great toolkit and I can't wait to try her out. I hear she has a somewhat generous Hanzo-like hit box so maybe I won't be so terrible at snipe-healing.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakpower View Post
    I hear she has a somewhat generous Hanzo-like hit box so maybe I won't be so terrible at snipe-healing.
    It is a bit forgiving but now that I've put more time into her, landing those clutch heals can be quite challenging when your teammates are jumping and jiving all over the place. Her grenade is VERY useful in that regard because it's a bigger heal than one shot + it's aoe. That thing seems to stay on cd.

Her kit seems pretty straight forward but the complexity all comes down to aiming and positioning with her which is great. Hope they don't take too long to release her because my body is soooo ready. She may replace Zeny as my go to healer now. She's so much fun and fast paced.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    It is a bit forgiving but now that I've put more time into her, landing those clutch heals can be quite challenging when your teammates are jumping and jiving all over the place. Her grenade is VERY useful in that regard because it's a bigger heal than one shot + it's aoe. That thing seems to stay on cd.

Her kit seems pretty straight forward but the complexity all comes down to aiming and positioning with her which is great. Hope they don't take too long to release her because my body is soooo ready. She may replace Zeny as my go to healer now. She's so much fun and fast paced.
    Thanks for the info! Let's talk positioning; do you just stand in back, should you really spend the time to find a good hiding spot. She has no movement abilities so it seems like you'll find a lot of Ana players just in the back line.

Sadly, I am unable to try her out on the PTR until I get a new hard drive.

I think she has a great toolkit and I can't wait to try her out. I hear she has a somewhat generous Hanzo-like hit box so maybe I won't be so terrible at snipe-healing.
    Blizzard stated that her healing shot is the largest projectile in the game, so it's pretty generous.

Yas the real overwatch mom is here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    What I want to know is does her voice sound slightly younger with the Captain Amari skin?
    Probably not. Just like Genji still sounds like a robot with his "young" skin, and Hanzo still sounds like a middle aged man with his "young" skin

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Probably not. Just like Genji still sounds like a robot with his "young" skin, and Hanzo still sounds like a middle aged man with his "young" skin
    I agree, they probably won't change it but maybe they will and they'll update Young Genji/Hanzo too!

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, they probably won't change it but maybe they will and they'll update Young Genji/Hanzo too!
    I'd love it if they did that. Absolutely would. I agree with Kaira that the legendary skins should feel different rather than just be a small model tweak

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, can we knock it off with the sexuality tangenthere. It's not particularly relevant to this thread, and that's generally a forbidden topic on MMOC. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thudor View Post
    I've read it is gonna be much easier to hit a friendly target than an enemy. Is that true?
    Trying on the PTR, the reticle is bigger for friendlies than enemies so that seems to be the case.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

thanks god, a sniper I hopefully don't have to be too accurate with to be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    thanks god, a sniper I hopefully don't have to be too accurate with to be useful.
    Tried WM and hanzo again just failed horribly. I hope Ana will be different for me. She could be my main if Zen is going to get nerfed to 175 HP.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Tried WM and hanzo again just failed horribly. I hope Ana will be different for me. She could be my main if Zen is going to get nerfed to 175 HP.
    I thought Zen was getting 50 extra shield?

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Zen was getting 50 extra shield?
    "They are looking closely at how Zenyatta feels in the PTR, and will reduce his total HP to 175 if 200 is too much."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...info_on_sters/

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    "They are looking closely at how Zenyatta feels in the PTR, and will reduce his total HP to 175 if 200 is too much."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...info_on_sters/
    ooooh, alright that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    What I want to know is does her voice sound slightly younger with the Captain Amari skin?
    It doesn't change. Seems quite weird ingame

10+ Year Old Account
    To illustrate:

The large triangle display around the crosshairs is for friendlies, the crosshairs itself is for enemies. Can definitely confirm if a friendly is touching that triangular space at all (even skimming the line), they will be healed. Enemies need to be firmly in the crosshair.

Outside of scope, however, there's no difference but presumably if you're not using scope you're close by anyway.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    To illustrate:
    [IMG]http://homiegfunk.com/Doodles/07142016.68.jpg[IMG]
    The large triangle display around the crosshairs is for friendlies, the crosshairs itself is for enemies. Can definitely confirm if a friendly is touching that triangular space at all (even skimming the line), they will be healed. Enemies need to be firmly in the crosshair.

Outside of scope, however, there's no difference but presumably if you're not using scope you're close by anyway.
    nice, and from some of the footage I've seen her hip firing seems to work about as well.

nice, and from some of the footage I've seen her hip firing seems to work about as well.
    You still need to land shots on enemies to be effective with her, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some Zenyatta + Lucio + Ana hilarity:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...0z20wdcx8m.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Some Zenyatta + Lucio + Ana hilarity:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...0z20wdcx8m.gif
    Holy Mach10yatta there.
    Is this when the opponents go WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.