Quote Originally Posted by polyxena View Post
    What do you open with then? mutilate?
    yeah, mut mut hemo vanish rupture vendetta kingsbane mut mut exsang garrote is probably the best opener atm

Why would you not Vendetta before the Vanish>Rupture part?

Been playing with the opener a bit, what do you guys think about this, so far its yielding me the most dps; however, gear and other factors might influence it, anyway here it goes:

mut - hemo - garrote - vanish - vendetta - rupture - kingsbane - exsang - into normal rotation.

Edit: sometimes my hemo or mutilate dont crit, and im left at 4 combo points, doesnt happen too often, but when it does, it throws me off a bit, suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    you can but you'd usually waste around 10-15 energy if you do that
    and you only need vendetta up before the first tick anyway since that doesnt snapshot unlike vanish
    i tried both, felt better with doing after

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you can but you'd usually waste around 10-15 energy if you do that
    and you only need vendetta up before the first tick anyway since that doesnt snapshot unlike vanish
    i tried both, felt better with doing after

You think garrote is better after exsang? wouldnt it be better if garrote got exsang'd too?

Optimizing energy usage is important, but i wonder how much saving that energy is gonna impact your opening burst anyway.

Keep em coming, ill be testing this some more.

Garrote is more damage than a mutilate from stealth (assuming nightstalker), but the energy gain from garrote's VW ticks will be practically entirely wasted because vendetta resets energy, and then exsanguinated rupture nearly caps you by itself. I could see either being competitive. Garrote opener would be more immediate damage but mutilate opener would be more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    You just want to make sure vendetta is on before the first tick of rupture. This way you're using all your energy to make the vendetta filling your energy really worth it.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

You think garrote is better after exsang? wouldnt it be better if garrote got exsang'd too?

Optimizing energy usage is important, but i wonder how much saving that energy is gonna impact your opening burst anyway.

Keep em coming, ill be testing this some more.
    you dont gain any dmg by exsanging garrote since it has a cooldown anyway, and more likely than not you'll end up overcapping in energy cos of it(especially with venom rush)

you dont gain any dmg by exsanging garrote since it has a cooldown anyway, and more likely than not you'll end up overcapping in energy cos of it(especially with venom rush)
    You WOULD gain damage by using your initial nightstalker on garrote instead of mutilate, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kindath View Post
    You WOULD gain damage by using your initial nightstalker on garrote instead of mutilate, though.
    granted, but the damage gain is pretty minimal(like 200k dmg in total in my 850 gear) and it's really hard not to overcap in either energy or Cps with you getting 20 energy every 0,5 sec not to mention that after your exsang wears off your energy regen will be way worse until your garrote is back, which is just annoying.

maybe back on live where i dont have 200+ MS it's gonna be the better opener tho :P
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-07-15 at 12:47 PM.

granted, but the damage gain is pretty minimal(like 200k dmg in total in my 850 gear) and it's really hard not to overcap with you getting 20 energy every 0,5 sec

maybe back on live where i dont have 200+ MS it's gonna be the better opener tho :P
    Yeah the lag is pretty awful for EU players, I can't play Outlaw at all with AR/Cursed Blades, waste so many CP. You definitely should be able to out-spend your energy on live though with Mutilate being such a high costing ability. Thankfully most of my time as Assass has been in PvP where Exs is only 200%, the regen isn't too bad with the lag.

Quote Originally Posted by kindath View Post
    Garrote is more damage than a mutilate from stealth (assuming nightstalker), but the energy gain from garrote's VW ticks will be practically entirely wasted because vendetta resets energy, and then exsanguinated rupture nearly caps you by itself. I could see either being competitive. Garrote opener would be more immediate damage but mutilate opener would be more stable.
    Fair enough, thanks for the elaborate response also!

Thanks everyone else for your input as well

Been playing with the opener a bit, what do you guys think about this, so far its yielding me the most dps; however, gear and other factors might influence it, anyway here it goes:

mut - hemo - garrote - vanish - vendetta - rupture - kingsbane - exsang - into normal rotation.

Edit: sometimes my hemo or mutilate dont crit, and im left at 4 combo points, doesnt happen too often, but when it does, it throws me off a bit, suggestions?
    poison dagger for the guaranteed 1 or pick up the 6 cp total talent and muti again?

we dont take exsang tho ? we take agonizing right ? thats what most sims are doing anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroii View Post
    we dont take exsang tho ? we take agonizing right ? thats what most sims are doing anyways
    on lower gear levels exsang is better
    agonizing starts getting better once you get your setbonuses from nighthold etc.

Deleted
    Leveling an Assasination rogue at the moment and I must say I feel very energy starved... Anyone else feel this way?

I'm still only lvl 104 but usually open with a cheapshot, garrote, hemo and then I'm out of energy for mutilate. When I use mutilate I feel like I'm waiting again for rupture and after I get to apply my rupture I'm at almost 0 energy and feels like a long wait until you can mutilate again and can't really do much besides waiting until i can mutilate or something...

Am I doing something wrong?

I'd say it would depend on your talent set up and, personally, I would probably just open with garrote > hemo > rupture then do whatever. If I did open with cheap shot then I'd rupture before the mut.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Leveling an Assasination rogue at the moment and I must say I feel very energy starved... Anyone else feel this way?

I'm still only lvl 104 but usually open with a cheapshot, garrote, hemo and then I'm out of energy for mutilate. When I use mutilate I feel like I'm waiting again for rupture and after I get to apply my rupture I'm at almost 0 energy and feels like a long wait until you can mutilate again and can't really do much besides waiting until i can mutilate or something...

Am I doing something wrong?
    well you need to get rupture+garrote rolling as soon as you can

the artifact traits that refresh your bar when you use vendetta and the talent venom rush helps a lot

but assa by design is a bit slower because that's the whole point of the spec, to weave your energy

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies guys.

So there's not much point in building up to 5-6CP rupture? Just get it off a.s.a.p. to get the venomous wounds to proc. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys.

So there's not much point in building up to 5-6CP rupture? Just get it off a.s.a.p. to get the venomous wounds to proc. Gotcha.
    Sounds more like you dont have vigor to me. Theres no reason to have anything but that to level up. Theres no way to be energy starved while farming with that. Get a 5 point rupture on it first.