Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The Magna Carta was rights for nobility, not the plebs.
    No, it actually was for freemen. That's literally one of the passages, one of the first rights, that you cannot be held prisoner without proper trial. I just looked it up dude, do not make me educate you about your own constitutional history. I know little enough about British history as it is, I don't mind digging deep just to prove you wrong. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    That is a cost we cannot foot. You are talking about building up an entire country, and not a small one at that. Roads, infrastructure, hospitals, schools agriculture, everything.

And good luck with that when not 100% of your citezens are living in the lap of luxury.

We did what we could. We spent a fuckton of money trying to build them up and give them a good start and the means to defend themselves so they can continue. And they failed.
    I think you have got me on the wrong side of this debate i am not some loony left hippy I just want a perfect scientific way to prove that these people and their ways are not as good as our own.

Oh and before some loony jumps down my neck saying I am only doing this because i am racist or any buzzword you loonys make up i just dont want to be thrown off a roof for being gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Cutting off their funds is a good start. Guess what we're trying to do. And guess what's incredibly difficult?

Why aren't you interested in the idea to remove the ideological arguments for recruitments? To rob the motivation to join them? Oh, right, because that's so much more difficult and actually requires the courage to suffer more of these attacks while you actually integrate people into the nation (or ship them back, whatever).
    I am not talking about the refugees/immigrants in Europe. I am talking about Syria. You can do whatever the hell want with people in Europe. What you suggest is applicable to people in a healthy environment (e.g., Europe, and not Rakka). How are you going to stop ISIS using human resources in Syria? The ISIS territories are resources for the organization. Those territories must be taken back and their army-like forces must be annihilated.

Deleted
    We're doing all that.
    We are really not -
    It takes time, though. And social injustice, whether or not it's just perceived or real, tends to radicalise these elements in our midst.
    Stop here, the are plenty of poor people who never blow themselves up - The problem is not social injustice, its belief in a religion that mandates holy war.
    Perhaps do something about that as well. Why do people think we keep shoving money up people's asses.
    because we think its a social injustice problem, and that it can be solved with money, neither is true.
    Do they think we literally breed golden cows somewhere and have too much money to go around? People much smarter than any of us have actually put a lot of thought into the actions we're doing.
    No they really haven't - They are using the same playbook as they did 50 years ago - regardless of its merits then, it is clearly not working now.

There is only one way to stop this shit - and its to make all immigrants, be natives in mind and thought, I.E assimilation, which neatly solves all problems.
    Those are the only ways out of this, Assimilation, Deportation, or extermination.
    I think options two is bad, and option three unpalatable.
    So lets go with option one - Assimilation, whether they like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    Complaining about food, housing and hospitals when they are granted sanctuary from conflict zones? That doesn't like someone that is in need of protection
    That's why we go over each individuals situation before granting them asylum, which is why it's taking time to process everyone. I want them to analyze each refugees psyche too, but imagine adding that on top of everything else. Just going through asylum applications would take years and everyone naturally object to the outcome if its not in their favor. Making it take even longer. It's not something you fix over night.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    No one said that. Can you go troll/ be dense somewhere else?
    As I've spent several posts now asking Theo what she meant I'm pretty sure any misunderstanding is on her own evasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's more of a benign neglect. They don't get a lot of social benefits here so the go out and get a crappy job. They learn English so they can get a better job. Community groups from their community help out because the fed doesn't compete with them and put them out of business.

It works out.
    This is an argument for entirely dismantling the welfare system.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    That's why we go over each individuals situation before granting them asylum, which is why it's taking time to process everyone. I want them to analyze each refugees psyche too, but imagine adding that on top of everything else. Just going through asylum applications would take years and everyone naturally object to the outcome if its not in their favor. Making it take even longer. It's not something you fix over night.
    Make it simple, if they complain then you automatically decline their application

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    There's no pleasing them. The first generation immigrants are extremely ungrateful and often complain about the food/housing/hospitals. But there's no way to solve it either. We can't have MORE people living like peasants, we already have the Romani begging on the streets, taking the first plane here because it's not illegal to beg here. But it's nothing we can just BAN over night, who takes the decision? Some don't even want to ban the beggars, why should they not be heard?
    If they don't like the conditions how about send them back were they came from. Clearly they liked their lot back home, you said Europeans are getting played and bilked for all your worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    TBH, American's care way more about the Magna Carta than does a lot of Britain, especially at the time of its founding. That monument at Runnymed is actually a American Bar Association paid for structure there commemorating it. The charter was also annulled and more or less ignored and thrown out. It hardly was "Liberty for all men!" any more than the US declarations at the time.
    It would take me literally a minute to dig up something like civil liberties for England... hang on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_...m#21st_century

I mean, it's complicated as fuck because... Empire I guess, but it's there if you look for it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Who gives a fuck? This is about a terrorist attack on French soil by someone that is almost certainly Muslim. No Nazis. No Mexicans. No Outer Mongolians. A Muslim in France, so stop trying to deflect away from your sacred cow.
    Do you have proof of this or is this reckless speculation?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it actually was for freemen. That's literally one of the passages, one of the first rights, that you cannot be held prisoner without proper trial. I just looked it up dude, do not make me educate you about your own constitutional history. I know little enough about British history as it is, I don't mind digging deep just to prove you wrong. :P
    Most of the Magna Carta was repealed before the ink was wet, only a couple of passages survived until the present day and I ma not even sure which Magna Carta they survived from as we had a few.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    So finally, people are saying that Mexicans are not monsters. Well, it's a start.
    Mexicans are not here to further their religious beliefs on people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    I can confidently say that absolutely nothing in this post is accurate.
    What an oxymoron.

It sure would be nice to get some moderation in here and get the conversation directed to the actual topic. But, this is mmoc, the moderators are probably off somewhere huffing glue at the water cooler.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    We are really not -

Stop here, the are plenty of poor people who never blow themselves up - The problem is not social injustice, its belief in a religion that mandates holy war.

because we think its a social injustice problem, and that it can be solved with money, neither is true.

No they really haven't - They are using the same playbook as they did 50 years ago - regardless of its merits then, it is clearly not working now.

There is only one way to stop this shit - and its to make all immigrants, be natives in mind and thought, I.E assimilation, which neatly solves all problems.
    Those are the only ways out of this, Assimilation, Deportation, or extermination.
    I think options two is bad, and option three unpalatable.
    So lets go with option one - Assimilation, whether they like it or not.
    Good luck. Aside from making them actual Borg drones, you'll still have a lot of convincing to do. Which is what we're trying to do. And which takes time. The damage is already done within society. It'll take a generation to get it out of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by garr21 View Post
    I think you have got me on the wrong side of this debate i am not some loony left hippy I just want a perfect scientific way to prove that these people and their ways are not as good as our own.

Oh and before some loony jumps down my neck I am only doing this because i am racist or any buzzword you loonys make up i just dont want to be thrown off a roof for being gay.
    You racist Que...oh hold on. What is the hierarchy of protected classes again?

Okay sorry bud. You are below Muslims. You are fair game here.

lol. I kid of course. I just wanted to poke fun on that shitty situation. People have decided that walking on eggshells as to not offend certain demographics trumps expressing sheer outrage of the orlando shooting. My heart truly goes out for you guys. I'll take the world turning gay over worrying about offending some dead terrorist anyday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Do you have proof of this or is this reckless speculation?
    the driver is a 31-year-old with dual French-Tunisian nationality.
    pretty sure its a muslim but not confimed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    It sure would be nice to get some moderation in here and get the conversation directed to the actual topic. But, this is mmoc, the moderators are probably off somewhere huffing glue at the water cooler.
    Not much news trickling in other than body counts. There's only so much you can talk about what is essentially public knowledge by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    If they don't like the conditions how about send them back were they came from. Clearly they liked their lot back home, you said Europeans are getting played and bilked for all your worth.
    It's not easy getting the public on board. You'd not believe this but the majority (yea still) wants immigration and want to help refugees. If we would start sending people home for complaining shit would get real. I don't disagree, but it's not possible in a country where the former vice PM cried when we closed our borders. Some are just really into this whole saving everyone shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    They actually have been modding in this very thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    What an oxymoron.
    He's right though.

Your post was almost 100% false. I am talking 99.9999999999999% false.