Page 1 of 48
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

German Police Raid 60 Homes For ‘Xenophobic’ Facebook Posts

I'm sorry if this has been posted before. But This was a shocking news story to me. These were private facebook groups as well.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...any-net-posts/
    German Police raided the homes of 60 people suspected of writing ‘hate’ speech on social media in Germany. Coordinated by the Federal Criminal Police (BKA), the operation saw officers from 25 departments search across 14 states.
    The police raids took place as part of the government’s fight against “verbal radicalisation”, which it said has increased in the wake of Europe’s migrant crisis. BKA President Holger Münch said attacks on migrant shelters were the result of “radicalisation” on social media.

Forty of the defendants whose homes were raided were wanted in connection with a secret Facebook group focused on Kempten, in Bavaria. The search took place across 13 provinces. Bild reported that xenophobic and Nazi material was distributed on the group’s Facebook page between July and November last year.

Attorney Bernhard Menzel, from the prosecutor’s office in Kempten, said that during the raids, police seized storage devices such as laptops and mobile phones.

In Berlin, 11 men had their houses searched as part of the anti-‘hate’ speech operation. Berlin police reported that suspects had, independently from one another, written negative messages about migrants and politicians on social networks.

Dresden’s interior ministry announced that they searched the properties of eight suspects in Saxony. The five men and three women arrested belong to a right wing Facebook group called “Greater Germany.” The Saxony residents are accused of sedition and making unlawful internet posts, Bild reported.
    There is a reason why the freedom of speech has been so sacred to Americans, and why Americans so staunchly defend this right. It is impossible to maintain a free and prosperous civilization in its absence. When rational discourse is protected, the delusional errors and policies of would-be tyrants can be brought before the court of public opinion and ridiculed mercilessly--and made irrelevant. If the Internet has showed us anything at all, it is the power of free ideas to move whole societies. The Left knows that it cannot withstand rational criticism, and must therefore force the silence of their critics.

Original article in German:http://www.bild.de/news/inland/razzi...0390.bild.html
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2016-07-15 at 09:35 PM.

Be nice if they focused on Islamic radicals in that country as much as they do on trolls.

60 ppl i wont miss here.

Deleted
    They got their priorities straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. I hope other countries follow suit and take serious action against hate speech.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Bla bla bla.... good for you Americans the rest of the world is not interested in your version of "Freedom"
    So what's freedom for us Europeans? Taking a nice ramming up the arse from the ever vigilant Big Brother?

Deleted
    Bla bla bla.... good for you Americans the rest of the world is not interested in your version of "Freedom"
    There are no versions of freedom, there is either freedom or no freedom.

Ignoring sensible restrictions (violence), ofc.

'Xenophobic' comments are not death threats, or violent in nature, not necessarily.

And what exactly is 'xenophobic' ? Whatever people say that disagree?

Sounds free to me, yup.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't want you to hear anything that hurts your emotions and feelings. Better to send them to jail.

So.... freedom to go detonate a nuclear bomb without consequences is ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account

None of this seems fucking Orwellian to you at all?

Are they hurting anyone? No? Then why should they be arrested and thrown in prison?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    There are no versions of freedom, there is either freedom or no freedom.

Ignoring sensible restrictions (violence), ofc.

'Xenophobic' comments are not death threats, or violent in nature, not necessarily.
    Don't you know? It's 2016. This outdated concept of 'freedom' has no place in a progressive society.

Get with the times. It's the current year.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Be nice if they focused on Islamic radicals in that country as much as they do on trolls.
    Trust me you must do a bit more as trolling to get a police raid.
    Btw we just raided a few month ago some radical islamist here in germany.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Physical harm isn't the same as jailing people over sensitive feelings.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-15 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Good. I hope other countries follow suit and take serious action against hate speech.
    You don't agree with me, you go to jail!!

Vhere are your papers sir

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You just kicked your own argument in the nuts.
    I did not, as political comments are not sensible restrictions.

But if you think it wasn't clear what I meant, allow me to rephrase: Europeans are not free to speak their minds, as this article goes to show.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-07-15 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    You don't agree with me, you go to jail!!

Vhere are your papers sir
    If you don't post xenophobic content you won't have anything to worry about. I don't. What about you?

The tricky part here is as much as people want to believe everyone is purely analytical and everyone will be able to see through irrational hate, people aren't. Very radical words, like Nazism can change people. And for the worse and can incite violence.

It's a very fine line to walk but I think questioning the slippery slope of Nazism in Germany has sailed. Don't need a repeat of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

In this case I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    If you don't post xenophobic content you won't have anything to worry about. I don't. What about you?
    LOL

The fact that you are using the "well if you didn't commit a crime you have nothing to worry about" argument is indeed delicious Irony.

Once again, I'm glad to see your mentality of "you don't agree with me go to jail" out in the open.

Also, who gets to determine what qualifies as "xenophobic"

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Its illegal to cause a nuclear explosion in germany.

You get up to 10 years prison!