Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech#Germany
    Section 130 makes it a crime to publicly incite hatred against parts of the population or to call for violent or arbitrary measures against them or to insult, maliciously slur or defame them in a manner violating their (constitutionally protected) human dignity.

What constitutes an insult? Or arbitrary measures? Or slur? Or defame?
    Are you trying to sound cheeky? Literally everything you can think of that actually *is*, by definition one of this, falls under each category.
    There are also quite a few additional things that need to happen for it to be considered an insult. That small piece you quoted there doesn't do it any justice. Don't fucking use wikipedia for something like this, you aren't at school.

Courts aren't ruled by Merkel, whoever is in control can't change stuff on a whim... what do you think this is? Our legal system is different from the US. Putting my cat into an oven won't allow me to sue the manufacturer, simply because he didn't say I couldn't do that. (I know it's an urban legend)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-07-16 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    This is an extreme, that is rooted in the happening of a Systemical slaughter of millions of people.

It's an exception. You might disagree with it, on a principle level, but you may also not understand what it means, at all, unless you have been witness to it yourself, been there personally or even read about it
    Punishing people for their opinions is always wrong, no matter what

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Are you trying to sound cheeky? Literally everything you can think of that actually *is* by definition one of this falls under each category.
    No, I am asking what is considered an insult or all the other things, an insult is not something clearly defined

Deleted
    There are no absolutes in moral concepts.

Again, i can't take you seriously, even if i would try.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

No, I am asking what is considered an insult or all the other things, an insult is not something clearly defined
    BUT BUT.... The committed the super crime of not liking Frau Merkel's policy of unchecked migration..... that's like basically committing a Holocaust!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

There are no absolutes in moral concepts.
    Hurting others for your own enjoyment can be acceptable to you under which circumstances?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    BUT BUT.... The committed the super crime of not liking Frau Merkel's policy of unchecked migration..... that's like basically committing a Holocaust!
    Are you proposing that they make an exception to the law?

They are no different before the law.

Hurting others for your own enjoyment can be acceptable to you under which circumstances?
    Carries what relevance to the topic?

You said there are no absolutes in moral concepts
    Under which circumstances is it morally acceptable to hurt others for your own enjoyment?

Under which circumstances is it morally acceptable to hurt others for your own enjoyment?
    I hate to say you're wrong, but Osama Bin Laden.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Are you proposing that they make an exception to the law?

They are no different before the law.

Law's cannot be challanged, or criticized, doing so is a sin against Glorious Leader and Champion of Anti-Fa Utopia Germany. MERKEL PROTECTS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    That depends on who you ask. I still don't see the relevance of the question to the subject.

Is it that you want to know more about me, or what are you trying to get at?

That depends on who you ask. I still don't see the relevance of the question to the subject.

Is it that you want to know more about me, or what are you trying to get at?
    Why evade it after you said there are no absolutes?

Deleted
    is there any way to see what those facebooks posts actually are?

Freedom of speech doesn't necessarily mean you can say what you want. There is a difference

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Law's cannot be challanged, or criticized, doing so is a sin against Glorious Leader and Champion of Anti-Fa Utopia Germany. MERKEL PROTECTS!
    You have a right to make a democratic motion to change the law. Your personal feelings about the subject does not exempt you, them, or the people from the law.

That's the whole concept of law. How can you even make a mockery of laws, if you propose self-centered opinionized tidbits as the standard of Societal Rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Why evade it after you said there are no absolutes?
    Because i don't see the relevance of the question? As i have stated?

Because i don't see the relevance of the question? As i have stated?
    Don't make statements if you intend to never stand up for what you say

Deleted
    Don't make statements if you intend to never stand up for what you say
    It is obvious that morals are relative.

You don't need my personal morals to verify that.

Person A thinks that hurtinga specific someone is right, cause they hate that someone. Person B thinks it's wrong, because they are zen buddhists who value all life.

Happy?

It is obvious that morals are relative.

You don't need my personal morals to verify that.
    You are against censorship?

Deleted

It's difficult for me to translate german legal language into english
    Basically, *everything(!)* that is meant to hurt someones honor/dignity.

To translate it as accurately as I can:
    "A statement is offensive , if it denies victim the respect as a equal legal entity . The ethical or social value of the injured party has to be represented smaller than it actually is."
    And then there are like 1000 examples that define it further. It excludes stuff that is meant as a joke and so on.

We just have different values, what exactly is so difficult to understand.

"America doesn't value it's "right to life" high enough", capital punishment (death penalty) for crimes is still a thing.
    "Germany doesn't value it's "freedom of speech" high enough", hate speeches are being punished and human dignity stands above everyhing else.

Are both countries wrong? Do both not "deserve" (as someone put it, holy shit, I didn't know you have to *deserve* it) to live in a democracy?
    When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Your freedom ends where someone else's freedom starts. That's true for both countries. Germany believes that to be free, the dignity of men has to be unimpeachable. America does not.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-07-16 at 02:20 AM.

Deleted
    You are against censorship?
    Is that why you want to know my morals? To draw an absolute line, to conclude who is an enemy and who is not?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    It's difficult for me to translate german legal language into english
    Basically, *everything(!)* that is meant to hurt someones honor/dignity.

To translate it as accurately as I can:
    "A statement is offensive , if it denies victim the respect as a equal legal entity . The ethical or social value of the injured party has to be represented smaller than it actually is."
    And then there are like 1000 examples that define it further. It excludes stuff that is meant as a joke and so on.
    That's a very stupid law then

- - - Updated - - -

Is that why you want to know my morals? To draw an absolute line, to conclude who is an enemy and who is not?
    No, I am asking if you are against censorship

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    is there any way to see what those facebooks posts actually are?

Freedom of speech doesn't necessarily mean you can say what you want. There is a difference
    There doesn't seem to be a way. The german article doesn't link to them. I don't have a facebook account or I would have tried to find it myself before starting this thread. Considering how the people in charge of the group were arrested they were probably taken down anyway.