Poll: Well, why do ya?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Why Do You Have the Mature Language Filter Turned Off?

Me personally I think at first it was just so I could see my own expletives in chat when I typed them out because it just was not satisfying to know whether or not the filter actually masked your language to other people when you used profanity in game.

This is such a hot topic these days and inquiring minds want to know, so remember folks sharing is caring!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I'm not a liberal college student who needs a safe space ;D
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Because it censors the stupidest shit ever (like the word "weniger", "less" in german).

Also - I can handle "bad words". :P

I suppose I might also ask, can one really claim that language is offensive when you made the choice to turn the mature language filter off? The default position is on. Afterall.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-16 at 02:42 AM.

Because very little offends me, and because the mother $%&#ing filter doesn't do *&%$ anyway. I mean really, you're more likely to know what's behind the filter than not, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Because I'm not a liberal college student who needs a safe space ;D
    I was recently a liberal college student and never needed one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Because very little offends me, and because the mother LOVEing filter doesn't do MUCH anyway. I mean really, you're more likely to know what's behind the filter than not, right?

I was recently a liberal college student and never needed one of those.
    Is this what you meant? I'm not sure but I think so. Funny it would block those words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its just a word. They are simply another formed of expression deemed extra bad by society.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Oh oh oh I got a better one! Why doesn't Blizzard simply remove the option to turn off the mature language filter instead of wasting resources punishing players for chat violations?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Because my guild is full of adults and we tend to use profanity in select situations to emphasize our language.

"They're camping the respawn." vs "They're FUCKING camping the GOD DAMN respawn."

10+ Year Old Account
    cause im a mature person and i can take those words and not make a whole mess of em

10+ Year Old Account
    because there's a difference between "oh shit! that was fucking hard" and "you're a piece of shit and should kill yourself".

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Oh oh oh I got a better one! Why doesn't Blizzard simply remove the option to turn off the mature language filter instead of wasting resources punishing players for chat violations?
    they have to unban words for every language

why should they do it ? why would you need someone to decide for you what you can read or not ?

Because I'm not a little bitch.

Your poll options are fucking stupid. I do it because I hate seeing "Lolol **** you! You're a ***** ******."

I'm not scared of the naughty words, so I'd much rather see them than have my chat filled with ******************************************* *********** ************* #$R# @#$%T @#%@

because i dont think censoring anything is the right move.

I'm gonna go with the reason "I'm a grown-ass woman and I don't pass out when someone cusses, so keep that Q-bert text box'Sh#t' away from me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leave it on because people going ape-shit angry is rendered extremely hilarious when all you see is a bunch of jumbled characters.

"YOU %&*^ING CHEAP PEICE OF #*$( EATING $#& SUCKING (*$@! LICKER DIP !@*# NO SKILL! *$%&ING TRYHARD SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU @#$(% FILLED PIECE OF !@# NUGGET!"

I make a little game out of trying to decipher what they meant.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I leave the filter on so it makes it easier to see who to report. Don't know how much good it does, but sometimes I'm bored.

Because there is no point? Its a fucking word who cares. Even like 8 year olds are used to them now it doesn't matter its just another word.

Deleted
    Because I'm a grown man, not a little girl.