Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LudiMajk View Post
    Uhm I got Beta too, not even a courtesy email to tell me so

EDIT: Unlike OP i'm not whining bout getting into beta, but a warning would be good, email ingame whatever. I just randomly found out cause Legion Beta popped up when I tried to select in between PTR and current game version.
    You'll probably get an email in a few days. That's what happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    potentially 11 days till 7.0 demon invasions
    so it's not 1.5months

you can't spare time to play beta when you need to focus on getting ONCE IN A LIFE TIME TRANSMOG
    Your math is amazing.... maybe you shouldn't "test" on beta and just avoid it like the plague.

Demon Invasions is ETA "No later than the 17th Aug" as they come with the release of DH I am fairly certain that is more than "potentially 11 days till 7.0 demon invasions" lol

Also that once in a life time transmog you speak off isn't going to take weeks to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps if you are getting an invite into beta and are so obviously unaware of what the point of a beta is that you complain about it; you should uncheck the beta opt-ins in your battle.net account?
    Seriously, the Legion beta isn't the 7.0 pre-patch, its ALL the content of the actual expansion up to it's release build. If this is somehow a mystery to you, turn off the opt-in so that the next time around someone who is looking to actually test content might get a chance at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

LUL? You think you won't have more to do in Legion BETA than the damn prepatch? Sorry but just delete this.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

You, like many others were invited today to stress test the servers for the launch content. Specifically a special launch event that happened today on the beta servers. There are many reasons to invite people into a beta, not just for feedback on the new world.

If you don't want to help them test the game then you are under no obligation to. But just because you didn't get a more advanced seat into beta doesn't mean the ticket was useless, otherwise it wouldn't have been given to you.

My point is it is a little crass to complain about getting invited to help the developers of a game test their content. Either you want to help test, see the new content early. Or maybe you want to wait and not spoil anything before the launch. But either way complaining about it is a poor tact.

The artifact is a game changer in Legion. You can see the sights, plan accordingly, and go from there.

You get a head start compared to a ton of people to see the content and have a general idea what to do in Legion.

Edit - Also slamming the servers for stress testing is a good thing.
    Last edited by Dragon Claws; 2016-07-16 at 03:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    The artifact is a game changer in Legion. You can see the sights, plan accordingly, and go from there.

You get a head start compared to a ton of people to see the content and have a general idea what to do in Legion.
    for artifacts i will try to spend 30% on holy 30% on prot and 39-40% on ret for my paladin
    50% and 50% for prot and dps for demon hunter

so i'm not underpowered when changing spec

that's for live not beta
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-07-16 at 03:06 AM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Deleted
    Well thjis time is the best to get Beta invite
    Most of the main features are done lots of changes are maded and game is more like retail already.And servers are more stabble too
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Your math is amazing.... maybe you shouldn't "test" on beta and just avoid it like the plague.

Demon Invasions is ETA "No later than the 17th Aug" as they come with the release of DH I am fairly certain that is more than "potentially 11 days till 7.0 demon invasions" lol

Also that once in a life time transmog you speak off isn't going to take weeks to get.
    Do not mess up Demon invasions and DH release.Both are complete different things
    Demon invasions will start much early and will ramp up over time
    Demon hunters will be released at some point but not later than august 17(so most likely week before that if we are lucky)
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-07-16 at 03:08 AM.

Deleted
    they gave you the key so u could complain here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well thjis time is the best to get Beta invite
    Most of the main features are done lots of changes are maded and game is more like retail already.And servers are more stabble too
    i didn't want beta to play early
    i wanted it to be able to give valued feedback about improving the game since for years they have used feedback i have given
    which is why i said it's very late and kind of(not fully) pointless

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    they gave you the key so u could complain here
    i was raised by parents who would complain about my supposed behavior in their mentally ill mind so complaining is part of my personality not only that but when i was a baby/toddler they would complain at each other
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Deleted
    i wanted it to be able to give valued feedback about improving the game since for years they have used feedback i have given
    Well looks like they do not need your feedbacks then otherwice you could get invited in to Alpha stage

then i got 11 days instead of 4
    i suppose i will be able to keep playing overwatch and watching ghost adventures without missing out on anything
    If youre not intressted why sign for beta? But i agree with you kinda late to give feedback atm its only balancing happening and making sure bugs get resolved. Also 7.0 brings new talent skills and all that so you can try what you like. However complaining about free stuff is just stupid. You can always make 110s premade if still availbe and test your class you intend to main im sure alot will change with artifact unlocked

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people don't understand what blizz even looks for when they send out beta invites. They mainly want to stress test the servers, then find bugs, then get class feedback. I've seen a lot of people be like Lol I got beta and I'm not even gonna play! So why opt in then? If you aren't willing to help make the game better, don't say you'll help them. I got into beta about a month ago and honestly I was like crap, it's too late to fix any classes really but I can help stress test and find bugs, which I do daily. Beta will be up until launch so that's plenty of time to find bugs, and help with the pre-launch stress tests like they have been doing recently.

Nothing pointless about it. Serious players need to test their class at 110, not 100 with broken nerfed content.

It does suck it took this long, but there is absolutely a reason to be playing the beta right now.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta is still beta, as in, the actual game isn't released for another 1½'ish months, so you can use it there.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If I recall correctly there are several waves as part of a stress test which is common about this time before launch and yes the servers had issues last week with the usual complaints by players expecting perfect stability during beta.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2016-07-16 at 09:03 PM.

Deleted
    for artifacts i will try to spend 30% on holy 30% on prot and 39-40% on ret for my paladin
    50% and 50% for prot and dps for demon hunter

so i'm not underpowered when changing spec

that's for live not beta
    clearly you have no clue what you're talking about so i would try to play beta if i were you.

if you do as you planned it you will be shit in every spec

i've been playing beta for a while now and i'm sure others can and already have confirmed that there is alot more to legion beta than just the prepatch stuff

keep in mind that the purpose of the beta is to root out bugs and things that are broken, there are still countless bugs in the game to be reported. you didn't get a key just to see and do the content before others, you got one to make sure it is actually playable. You ofcourse have no obligation to play but to at least gain understanding of how it all works i recommend you play it.
    Last edited by mmocf46fb169cc; 2016-07-16 at 09:15 PM.

You're not as important as you think you are.

They didn't send you that invite with your personal preferences in mind. If you don't have the time or don't want to put the effort into playing the month and a half of beta that's left, then... don't?

It's not pointless, they're inviting people to stress test the servers and zones. People seem to think beta is a "free trial", but the point of you being there is to help them release a polished product.