Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    "Excuse me sir do you have any sort of identity verification on your person? We're looking for a Michael ____ who lives at this residency."

That's all they had to do. That's literally all they fucking had to do in order to force him into just providing his ID and moving on with all of their lives.
    Or , hear me out here. He could have complied and shown them his ID and moved on with his life?

Come on man. When has resisting the police ever ended well for a person? Find me one time? Cause for the life of me, resisting the cops is akin to putting your dick in a gators mouth. If you think you are gonna be slick enough to escape, I'm just gonna laugh my ass of when they shoot you and call anyone a moron for defending you like shit could have ended any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    actually he is, he's on probation/parole which means you have to identify yourself whenever asked by a cop, the charges were dropped, most likely because it wasn't worth persuing rather than any wrong doing by the cops
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Or , hear me out here. He could have complied and shown them his ID and moved on with his life?

Never asked for his ID

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    that is just laziness on their part, see how it has bit them in the behind.
    actually from my understanding, it's like that in the majority of the country now, another poster in this thread says they will have an officer bring a copy of the warrant to the scene. though i'm not sure how long it's been since he's been a cop(if he isn't still one) but i've never seen this done

It's like people keep fucking dodging it because of their own opinions on what they believe should be the way to handle stops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Never asked for his ID
    actually they did ask him to identify himself multiple times, when they ask that it means show i.d

actually they did ask him to identify himself multiple times, when they ask that it means show i.d
    They asked him what his name was and he gave them it. Then they attempted to arrest him while shouting he had a warrant.

"What's your name" isn't the same as "Can I please see an ID".

They attempted to serve the warrant for Michael on him. As evidenced by them repeatedly shouting "You have a warrant!"

- - - Updated - - -

Who's hiding behind this burner?
    Ive had a million burner accounts.

Ill have a million more.

The authoritarianistic left fails at social cleansing. They are forever destined to. Because it is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    It's like people keep fucking dodging it because of their own opinions on what they believe should be the way to handle stops.
    you're also ignoring the part where he has a 4th amendment waiver as part of his probation

actually from my understanding, it's like that in the majority of the country now, another poster in this thread says they will have an officer bring a copy of the warrant to the scene. though i'm not sure how long it's been since he's been a cop(if he isn't still one) but i've never seen this done
    Copies of warrants technically only need to be on your person if you're participating in an approved break in or raid, but they're recommended to be on your person if you're going directly to arrest someone. They probably should have had one on them in this case. But if they do not, a copy can and will be provided immediately by contacting home. Many don't realize they have the right to see the warrant though and don't ask.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula12345 View Post
    Ive had a million burner accounts.

Ill have a million more.

The authoritarianistuc left fails at social cleansing. They are forever destined to. Because it is wrong.
    Lol, you fight that fight, one rinky dink forum at a time

Never asked for his ID
    False on an epic scale.

Somebody didnt watch the 31 minute video.

They asked him what his name was and he gave them it. Then they attempted to arrest him while shouting he had a warrant.

"What's your name" isn't the same as "Can I please see an ID".
    it is, because any reasonable person would be getting their i.d to confirm it as they said their name, you can't just say "Hey, I'm Jimmy" and expect the cops to just take it on your word

False on an epic scale.

They didn't ask for identification until already accusing him of being the man they had the warrant for. They jumbled up their order of operations and it forced the investigation to come to a halt until the warrant was provided.

Order of operations and wording are very important.

False on an epic scale.

They didn't ask for an ID before attempting to serve him with Michael's arrest warrant. This is a basic failure of policing. Its amazing to me that you decry other people as authoritarian while defending the police here.

Really makes it seem like authoritarian is just a snarl word to you that you don't really understand.

- - - Updated - - -

it is, because any reasonable person would be getting their i.d to confirm it as they said their name, you can't just say "Hey, I'm Jimmy" and expect the cops to just take it on your word
    At which point the cops should ask for an ID.

you're also ignoring the part where he has a 4th amendment waiver as part of his probation
    thats between him & his probation officer... they didnt know him from adam. and he did say he had just spoken to his officer so they could have contacted him to verify if there was such doubt.

and they still didnt follow proper procedure regardless.

They didn't ask for an ID before attempting to serve him with Michael's arrest warrant. This is a basic failure of policing. Its amazing to me that you decry other people as authoritarian while defending the police here.

Really makes it seem like authoritarian is just a snarl word to you that you don't really understand.

- - - Updated - - -

At which point the cops should ask for an ID.
    kind of hard for them to get an i.d while he's trying to crawl into the backseat of the car(for all the cops know, he could have had a weapon back there), not to mention you and everyone else are ignoring the fact that he had a 4th amendment waiver as part of his probation/parole

Lol, you fight that fight, one rinky dink forum at a time
    There is no fight.

I post when i feel like posting, the same as you.

Peace brother.

kind of hard for them to get an i.d while he's trying to crawl into the backseat of the car(for all the cops know, he could have had a weapon back there), not to mention you and everyone else are ignoring the fact that he had a 4th amendment waiver as part of his probation/parole
    He wasn't trying to avoid arrest until they were already trying to arrest him. You're screwing up a very basic order of operations here. They attempted to arrest him before requesting an ID.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    thats between him & his probation officer... they didnt know him from adam. and he did say he had just spoken to his officer so they could have contacted him to verify if there was such doubt.

and they still didnt follow proper procedure regardless.
    it doesn't matter if they didn't know, HE should know this is part of his probation and automatically comply, even with the charges are dropped, it can still have his probation/parole revoked so why would you risk it?

it doesn't matter if they didn't know, HE should know this is part of his probation and automatically comply, even with the charges are dropped, it can still have his probation/parole revoked so why would you risk it?
    Why he'd risk it is irrelevant. They're still obliged to attempt to confirm that he actually has a warrant for his arrest before arresting him, let alone producing said warrant.

The police should never be escalating force more than in necessary, and there is no argument to be made that tazering him was necessary before even asking for an ID.