Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    shard the class BoP's
    What does that mean?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Every crate may contain a rare quality ilvl 610 armor, suited for the class that opens the crates (trailseeker for hunters, felsoul for warlocks etc). Gather them and disenchant them yourself or at someone's enchanting hut, if you don't have the profession/building.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    What does that mean?
    By that they mean that you should disenchant the BoP class armor sets that come out of the crates.

Blizzard stated those remain available after the adjustment, but gave no further detail.
    Perhaps still from the new crates.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    By that they mean that you should disenchant the BoP class armor sets that come out of the crates.

Blizzard stated those remain available after the adjustment, but gave no further detail.
    Perhaps still from the new crates.
    I'm sure the class tmog gear will drop from Crates 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    I'm sure the class tmog gear will drop from Crates 2.0.
    I suspect that to be the case.
    Given that garrisons remain mostly intact, I see little reason to change that.
    Though like the follower level upgrades, their vendor value are hugely reduced to 5c in the example of the warlock felsoul.
    I would not be surprised if they can no longer be disenchanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraepe View Post
    We now know the ONLY change coming to pre 7.0 crates is the vendor value of follower gear.

How much gold are we losing by opening the crates post 7.0? (lets say per 1.000 crates for easy math)
    Taking drop rates from wowhead, prices cut to 2 digits:
    Green Armor Enhancement: 11% * 3.08 gold
    Green Weapon Enhancement: 9% * 5.33 gold
    Blue Armor Enhancement: 3% * 3.83 gold
    Blue Weapon Enhancement: 2% * 7.08 gold
    Purple Armor Enhancement: 1.4% * 5.58 gold
    Purple Weapon Enhancement: 1.1% * 8.8 gold
    Total: 11 * 3.08 + 9 * 5.33 + 3 * 3.83 + 2 * 7.08 + 1.4 * 5.58 + 1.1 * 8.8 = ~125gold (per 100 crates)

Thats the gain from the enhancements, if we take into account the weaponary and armor sets, which all combined have a droprate of ~1%, we can just add their vendor prices to the equation as well, Armor sells regardless of qualtiy for 8.47 gold and armor for 18.47 gold, so this would be an additional 26.94 gold per 100 crates.

This sums up to a total of approx. 150 gold per 100 crates, or to answer your question: ~1500 gold per 1k crates will be lost after the pre patch hits.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    PLus, any materials contained in the boxes can be used now or stockpiled.

Deleted
    You should really be opening them now rather than later, especially if you have a lot of crates. The last thing you want to be doing on patch day till launch is opening crates. You can just mail BoE's to your alts (which you'll be doing anyway if you're using the greens for transmog), and use Altoholic to track what you already have.

Move your salvage yard next to the mailbox, so you can mail off dozens of gear at once. Having a storehouse with 7 hexweave bags would help, also.

Deleted
    I think i've heard/read that boxes obtain prior to 7.0 patch will still operate by the old system, and the new by the new system (obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by Runaetus View Post
    I think i've heard/read that boxes obtain prior to 7.0 patch will still operate by the old system, and the new by the new system (obviously)
    They will contain items as of pre 7.0 loot table but if those items change price (like follower upgrades) you won't be protected from that.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I`ve about 4125 Big Boxes across my 13 100`s.

Open them all before pre-patch hits or what? Those armor/weapon upgrades sell good.

What do?

Quote Originally Posted by Wraepe View Post
    We now know the ONLY change coming to pre 7.0 crates is the vendor value of follower gear.
    Glad I checked this thread, guess i'll be vendoring all them stacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Yea i'll be waiting until prepatch to open mine. All of my characters are extremely short on bag space. And opening them now for a measly 1-2 gold per box will be a huge pain compared to when I can safely vendor all of the transmog stuff clogging up my bags.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Yea i'll be waiting until prepatch to open mine. All of my characters are extremely short on bag space. And opening them now for a measly 1-2 gold per box will be a huge pain compared to when I can safely vendor all of the transmog stuff clogging up my bags.

I'm with you, I simply don't have the space to juggle this right now. Kinda sucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for the pre-patch as well, I know I could juggle all of it exploiting the mail system, but considering people recommend making sure you have an empty mailbox when a major patch hits do to potential server issues, I don't want to chance it.

The most important question is this "is there a macro that will auto open all of them ala the prospecting ones?"

Deleted
    After spending an afternoon opening 2.5k crates I will say that *opening* the boxes wasn't really an issue, it was sorting through and mailing(got 2k boes sloshing around in the mail system atm) the contents in something resembling an organized manner that was the annoying part.

And my warrior currently has enough weapons in her mailbox to fight the 4th war on her own.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm opening my appr. 3k crates tomorrow and monday. I also have faith in Blizzard (never thought i'd ever type that phrase again after WoD total fuckup) that the mail system won't be glitched, as it hasn't all those years. If it does, i'm so gonna spam them till they replace every single item that gets lost in there....

Today i already opened 5k+ boxes, my brother made vendor / mail addon for vendoring "crap" and gear that is already in mail on one of the chars and mailing in bulk of specific armor type to specific char. Still about 3-4k boxes to go for tomorrow. It took me about 15-20min / char for ~250 boxes (did 22 chars today)