Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    I hope they expand on the classes in the game when it comes time. Fourth spec would add a lot of value to already existing classes and bring something new and fresh to all of them too. Also, you guys should go check out what Trion has done with a lot of the Rift classes, they've definitely expanded upon popular archetypes.
    That's the direction I'm leaning towards. I'm not necessarily saying they need to add a spec to every single class - 12 new specs all at once - but maybe Blizz can figure out a way to add new specs to the game and give players access to them a few at a time. With the massive pruning that has taken place in Legion I think they've made room for this kind of thing.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    That's the direction I'm leaning towards. I'm not necessarily saying they need to add a spec to every single class - 12 new specs all at once - but maybe Blizz can figure out a way to add new specs to the game and give players access to them a few at a time. With the massive pruning that has taken place in Legion I think they've made room for this kind of thing.
    I'd love for them to add prestige classing for some classes. (Preferably the pure dps classes first)

Something that may give them a new role or something along those lines. Battlemage/Warmage for mages, giving them mail armor/shields(?), and allowing them to tank. For warlocks, drawing on the playstyle of Disc in Legion, funneling health from enemies into their allies for a healing spec? Idk. Something that's not necessarily a fourth spec (unless that's how they choose to implement it /shrug) or a n-th class in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicpanda View Post
    I'd love for them to add prestige classing for some classes. (Preferably the pure dps classes first)

Something that may give them a new role or something along those lines. Battlemage/Warmage for mages, giving them mail armor/shields(?), and allowing them to tank. For warlocks, drawing on the playstyle of Disc in Legion, funneling health from enemies into their allies for a healing spec? Idk. Something that's not necessarily a fourth spec (unless that's how they choose to implement it /shrug) or a n-th class in the game.
    The idea of a healing warlock is actually very thematic to the class when you think about how Fel and the blood of Mannoroth affected the orcs. I can see players using blood and soul magics to buff and heal allies, maybe even getting a pit lord pet to syphon blood from. If we Undead can suffer through your infernal holy healing magic, surely you spineless paladins and priests can drink a drop or two of demon blood.

Preferably a ranged class like hunter that doesn't use mana or magic. A tinker could work because they rely on technology to deal damage, their ranged attacks could be stuff like rockets and throwing bombs and poisons. They could even have a healing and tanking spec, the healing spec would require different kind of healing technology while the tanking spec could place you in a tough new mech.

Dark ranger is my second idea, its kinda like hunter but instead they use necromantic hunter-like abilities. In WC3 they were able to raise skeletons and posses their enemies aswell, a permanent skeleton could be their alternative for a pet.

Spellbreaker sound kinda cool as a mage in plate thats melee instead of ranged. But I fear that they would get abilities that are way to similiar that mages have. They could do some cool stuff like a whole new tanking experience as a melee-mage.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I personally would really enjoy playing a bard.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Something unavailable to night elves and blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I personally would really enjoy playing a bard.
    This. I'm a musician, so having a Bard would be the dream. Let's do it!

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Preferably a ranged class like hunter that doesn't use mana or magic. A tinker could work because they rely on technology to deal damage, their ranged attacks could be stuff like rockets and throwing bombs and poisons. They could even have a healing and tanking spec, the healing spec would require different kind of healing technology while the tanking spec could place you in a tough new mech.

Dark ranger is my second idea, its kinda like hunter but instead they use necromantic hunter-like abilities. In WC3 they were able to raise skeletons and posses their enemies aswell, a permanent skeleton could be their alternative for a pet.

Spellbreaker sound kinda cool as a mage in plate thats melee instead of ranged. But I fear that they would get abilities that are way to similiar that mages have. They could do some cool stuff like a whole new tanking experience as a melee-mage.
    I'm not sure what the point of a ranged class like a hunter that doesn't use mana or magic would be, because that's, ya know, a hunter.

Personally, I think the idea of an arcane archer (at least as a spec in a bigger class) would be hella cool. I'd love to see something along the lines of mail wearing, spec 1: sword/board tanking magic user, spec 2: arcane archer, teleporting, summoned/ethereal type bow attacks, not necessarily huge damage, but a control-type in pvp, spec 3: 2h sword/magic melee hybrid.

I really am one that's not of the mindset that if it's not in the 90s/early 00s RTS it can't come into the game. I'm a firm believer in if it's a logical progression within the confines of the game world, it's fair game. A class like I described above could easily be explained as some sort of collaboration between Silver Covenant and the Kirin Tor. Or even just Kirin Tor. We already know they imprison magical beings (though not well....) and it's not really explained well how they're captured/imprisoned in the first place. Could be something along those lines, where the above class hunts down rogue mages/magical beings, etc.

Tinker and Necromancer mainly.

perhaps another bow (if not tinker w/guns) user & Cleric: healer / caster melee hybrid specs but thats stretching it very very far.

Those spellbreaker/blood elf dudes from wc3 campaign. But following the trend with a new class in wotlk mop and legion (which is every 2nd), im guessing we're getting a new race (NAGAS!) or nothing in 2 years or whenever the new expansion will be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    With a bit of creativity. They could use similar skills like afflock/dk but the way they make their spells fit together and play off one another could be entirely different. A necro could use a basic spell and get their undead minion attacking the enemy and the rest of their abilities could play off enhancing or prodding the minion into using skills "gifted" by the necromancer. So essentially they'd be a ranged melee, using their spells through the medium of the skeleton or whatever. They could have different minions for different tasks, hell they could give them a spec dedicated to tanking through an abom or something.
    tanking with a pet is insanely frustrating and broken, as t is much more buggy and hard then tanking normally, you would have to take control of it like a veichle for it to be useful at all

also that would basicly be a hunter/warlock/dk hybrid wouldent it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Barbarians would be closer to enhance shaman then warriors in the blizzard interpretation.
    since when would a barabrien use elementle infused weapons to attack their opponents well also using shocks and lightning?

i thought a barbarien was a weapon user who used pure strength and rage and fury to slash and smash their opponents?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Necromancer would have been a great idea had it been included sooner, but I feel like a lot of what would have made the class stand out has been incorporated into Unholy and perhaps even the latest iteration of Demonology. That doesn't mean that, in the future, they couldn't just rework those specializations and tailor those concepts into something that makes sense for Necromancer, but we're also a bit beyond the undead arc of this game. Tinker, I mean, that's basically Engineer: The Class. I understand the appeal, but I don't think it would be that great in practice.

Either way, they first ought to figure out how to balance the existing specializations consistently.

Anything but tinker. Ideally it would be a new dps caster though, I'd really like to see something like a dark ranger - magically enhanced bow/gun user with no pet and low mobility - preferably wearing mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Anything but tinker. Ideally it would be a new dps caster though, I'd really like to see something like a dark ranger - magically enhanced bow/gun user with no pet and low mobility - preferably wearing mail.
    Out of curiosity, why low mobility AND no pet? The ability to keep mobs off of you in solo pve is really invaluable as ranged, and low mobility combined with no pet would really hamper it. And considering their push against caster/rdps mobility I'm really craving a more mobile RDPS class. Frankly, and this is purely personal opinion, I'd like for hunters to lose some of their mobility and for a dark ranger/arcane archer to be a highly mobile rdps/caster type.

Dark Ranger is looking like a definite possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by demonicpanda View Post
    Out of curiosity, why low mobility AND no pet? The ability to keep mobs off of you in solo pve is really invaluable as ranged, and low mobility combined with no pet would really hamper it. And considering their push against caster/rdps mobility I'm really craving a more mobile RDPS class. Frankly, and this is purely personal opinion, I'd like for hunters to lose some of their mobility and for a dark ranger/arcane archer to be a highly mobile rdps/caster type.
    Nah man, no need to hit hunters, give them their own identity. Strong cc or damage mitigation with big non-instant spells that supplement their AA's. There is plenty of room to make dark rangers unique without taking away from current classes -*cough DH cough*. Could even give them amazing edgelord stuff like a dark dragon arrow (hanzo) or a temporary ghosty valkyr summon that does some sweet spell effect every few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I would love to play a pet class....sort of like the reverse of a hunter.....where i play the pet....and essentially "tame" a master. Don't like your new Gnome master.....dump him and find a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want and still expect another bow class. I was hoping for dark ranger, but we're starting to have a lot of "dark" themed classes now, so I imagine it will be worked into something else. I'd like to have magic themed ranger, like a hunter/mage hybrid.

I mean they don't necessarily need to nerf hunters too bad. Like I would still want them to be more mobile than the traditional casters, just less mobile than an Arcane/Dark Ranger type class/spec. Also, personally I'm over the whole edgelord type classes, with DKs and DHs being added. I wouldn't mind it as much if they added faction specific versions, where Horde got a darker version, more like Sylvannas, and alliance got a less edge-y version. It'd give more of a faction identity, even if it's a rather obvious copy-paste job with their abilities in order to balance. I've kinda missed faction specific "classes," even if they'd be copies of one another.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Warcraft_III_hero_units

Not so many left on the list that isn't already part of another spec.

But you'd have to guess what the xpac will be 2 xpac from now to have a clue.. the classes added are always liked to the xpac. Necromancer would work if we went back to Northrend, and if it's the South Seas who knows.. the Outlaw rogue is pretty much the pirate already.

But I still believe they should add new specs to existing classes, it would make more sense than a new one and they wouldn't have to remove an existing spec like they did with demonology warlocks to create a new one.