Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing mentions the trader going, just the bags that contain gold.

Is there any word about the gold costs (e.g., for the buildings, and for switching followers in the Inn/Tavern, and for the various stages of the shipyard upgrade quests) being either replaced with garrison resource costs, or very heavily reduced gold costs?

How about removing the "have to build a shipyard to get to Tanaan Jungle" requirement?

Because I have a feeling that most people leveling up aren't going to bother with a level 3 garrison (or even going much beyond the original level 1 garrison you get from questing) without major changes in cost.

I see no reason to want to get into Tanaan Jungle once Legion is here. You don't need to go there because your lvl 100 gear will be replaced by Legion quest rewards anyway. Unless you want to get certain items from rares, or do HFC, in which case I assume you either have to succumb to the garrison gold cost, or get flying.

Deleted
    The npc is still there, but it sells the mats 4x (40 the most expensive, 16 the cheapest), and the gold bag will be removed.

This is great. As of Tuesday, I can play Frost and Demo again, I can pull all my toons out of these lame ass garrisons, sell all the bag space wasting xmog gear. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Will the transmog gear totally disappear from salvage crates?

Because if it's just the 610 class-mogs, a much-reduced rate of crafting mats (seriously, I ran through 1300 crates, and didn't get enough fur to make more than a couple Hexweave Bags), and vendor trash, that's not really worth it.

I'd keep the garrison just to keep making Hexweave bags (one tailor with a level 3 tailor hut, 6 trading posts, and lots of soon-to-be super-scavengers, makes for a lot of Hexweave Cloth)..
    Existing crates gained prior to the patch will not change from what they have now with minor exceptions.
    The vendor value of follower upgrades and the BoP class transmog sets will be reduced hugely.
    It is possible too that they will no longer be able to be disenchanted, though I have not attempted yet to confirm that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    Speaking of gold. How much do you people actually have? After reading about all these gold capped players I am starting to get worried that i wont be able to by shit with my 150k.
    Wait to buy things or make things and sell them and take advantage of people with miliions of gold.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear.

I'm asking about the NEW "Big Crates of Salvage."

I've got hundreds of transmog BoE in all my alts' banks/bags. Once those are used up (either applied to my character, or sent to my wife's character, or maybe auctioned if the prices haven't bottomed out), will the Salvage Yard stop being useful for non-class-mog-610-blues transmog gear?

If it is just a tiny bit of extra gold from the scrap, and the same class-mog-610-blues I've already got sitting in my void storage, and the piddling amounts of crafting mats (I got enough fur for two bags, out of 1300 crates opened; if that's what's going to happen with the new crates...), then what's the point of the Salvage Yard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Trading Post NPC that sells the Smuggled Sack of gold is going away too this Tuesday...so if you got tons of resources time to get rid of it if you got a level 1 or higher Trading post.
    Thats a bit heavy handed tho. Removing the whole merchant? Why. There won't be any outlet for excessive GR's then. Literally making the garrison useless, and WOD mats unnecessarily hard to come by.

I was hoping for some cheap mats to craft full sets of WOD gear for transmog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    The whole merchant isn't going. Only the Gold bag for resources.
    That I know of. So I still can exchange GR to WOD materials such as ore, fur etc?
    I just want that. An outlet for excessive GR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Pre patch, there is overall no need to even do Garrison's on Tuesday and onwards, unless you want to lvl a profession from scratch, as all quests that generate gold will vanish, there will be no more transmog crates, and you can sink your ships at the shipyard without any regrets.
    There WILL be crates, and they will still contain: the gray vendor trash, trade supplies, and the BoP class set (i.e. Trailseeker for hunters, etc.). They just won't contain oodles of greens anymore. So if you didn't save the class set, you'll still be able to collect it post-patch.

Personally, after opening 5,000 boxes over the last few days, the first thing I will be doing when I log in on Tuesday is removing the Salvage Yard from all my garrisons. I never want to see another one of those crates. Ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    It takes me (with an installed level 100 tailor-follower) 5 fur to make 4 cloth. Multiply that by 25 to get enough cloth for the bag, and that's 125 fur.

Using just fur, without a follower, I think it'd take 5 fur to make 1 cloth, meaning at most it would take 500 fur to make a bag.

Though I'm sleep-addled, so my math could be off.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure about that? Because all I read was that they're taking away the two loot bags. No reason to take away the other stuff, as it's only useful for making old gear. Even the bags aren't that important, what with all the stuff that's going away (transmog collection, tabard collection, more stuff becoming toys, etc.).
    actuallty whent and cheacked, and they have changed it apparently, it is still there, but stuff costs 40 gold each, and the gold bag is gone
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Pre patch, there is overall no need to even do Garrison's on Tuesday and onwards, unless you want to lvl a profession from scratch, as all quests that generate gold will vanish, there will be no more transmog crates, and you can sink your ships at the shipyard without any regrets.
    I wish I could nuke my own Garrison on my way to Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I see no reason to want to get into Tanaan Jungle once Legion is here. You don't need to go there because your lvl 100 gear will be replaced by Legion quest rewards anyway. Unless you want to get certain items from rares, or do HFC, in which case I assume you either have to succumb to the garrison gold cost, or get flying.
    You don't need to unlock Tanaan to be able to access HFC and all the rares/treasures, you can even use the flight paths. The only thing you don't have access to is the faction camp, those are phased out.

Gold missions are gone (both follower missions and shipyard), and the treasure hunter trait now awards bonus apexis on mission success.

I will miss the insane amount of gold, but I definitely will not miss logging into my army of alts every day to send out followers and ships.

On patch day, the garrisons are as good as useless except for trading resources -> mats. And even mats are hitting an all time low, so for many of us, it means no more garrison chores every day.

It feels like a relief, to be honest.

Spent all day today bankrupting my toons of GR and throwing them all on the AH.

Garrisons as of today can kiss my ass and I could not be happier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    It will be strange, however, because it's become a part of my daily routine to zip through my characters before work, after work and before bed.
    Same here. Thanks to various Addons, you could send all your followers on their missions in less than a minute per Alt. With logging in and out, it takes me about 20 mins to send them all on their way. Perfect for listening to the Radio, drinking my Coffee and getting ready for work . Will feel strange the first days I guess.

I guess the Cards of Omen and the Inscription Shack will still be worth something, but just logging in once a day would suffice for that.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    If you still want to do garrisons, do the following:

-Build a trading post
    -Keep doing your missions (gold missions = GR missions from now on)

You will get A TON of GR off this, as all TH followers become +200% GR followers.

On trading post, you can exchange GR to mats. Wait till Fur is 4 GR per unit, and dump all your GR into it. Then use this Fur to craft bags. You need 1000 fur to craft one bag using only Fur (and the cooldown skip recipe + primal spirits to support it)

Or just get it off the auction house. Plenty of players will do this, thus fur will become extremely cheap (and so will the bags). Come LEGION, people won't bother with fur anymore, bag prices will increase. If you stocked up well, you can make profit.
    OMG almost all of you people have missed the changes or spew wrong stuff. What is correct is so strewn around this thread, you're becoming a true source of Misinformation....

To sum things up:

Trading post stays, and so the does the mat trader in it. HOWEVER, the prices for mats will be 4x after patch than it is now. Mats will cost 16GR, 20GR, 24GR, 32GR or 40GR (depending on the trader).

Having prices going up x 400%, extreme scavengers will NOT be a solution as they up the GR production by 200% only. A 100GR Mission will give 300 GR with normal scavengers and 500 GR with extreme scavengers. Do the maths yourselves.

The smuggled sack of gold is going, but NOT the bloody sac of gold (the one you buy with savage bloods). However, with mats costing 4 times the GR, you will need 2000GR to buy one savage blood (converting mats to primals and buying the blood with 25 primals from vendor) and get appr. 50g from the bloody sack.

If you want fur, make a barn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Trading post stays, and so the does the mat trader in it. HOWEVER, the prices for mats will be 4x after patch than it is now. Mats will cost 16GR, 20GR, 24GR, 32GR or 40GR (depending on the trader).

Having prices going up x 400%, extreme scavengers will NOT be a solution as they up the GR production by 200% only. A 100GR Mission will give 300 GR with normal scavengers and 500 GR with extreme scavengers. Do the maths yourselves.
    Dafuq? What a grind that will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    that merchent is going away in the pre-patch, so no you wont be able to turn your garrison resources into gold bags, or crafting mats, look 6 posts above you

- - - Updated - - -

2 mil, but i also have 2 years of game time all with gold, and just put a 150k bid on the deathchargers reins on my servers BMAH
    I never said the NPC is going away....only that the Smuggled Gold Sack is going away....as far as I know the NPC is staying there.