Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    But really

how messy is this guys house that he thought he was robbed?

Usually a burglary leaves a messy house

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Well

If I was sitting in my car in the middle of the night

and some dude was pointing a gun at me

I would not assume it was someone who was worried about their house.
    You know what they say about assumptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Or did he check his windows and door? I don't understand how you think you "might" have been robbed?
    also does a burglar just sit there infront of the house they just robbed for the amount of time this was all going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Indeed. Obviously, they were just asking to be shot at...leaving the house pokemoning like that.
    maybe somebody could make an fps using pokeman go players as the monsters, they are just a bunch of oppressive enslaving virtual dictators bent on owning and controlling an entire race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    You know what they say about assumptions.
    Well in this case, they get a bunch of kids in their car shot at.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are people in this thread trying to say if a car pulls in your driveway you're permitted to kill the occupants of the vehicle just because its your land?

This reminds me of a case last winter where a 14 year old boy was shot multiple times by a 30 y/o man for playing "ding dong ditch"

Thankfully the boy survived, and the man was later charged with a felony count of assault and battery with a deadly weapon.

http://www.newson6.com/story/3090203...ed-with-felony
    Last edited by Khadgar; 2016-07-18 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Even better, they should have had guns and shot him.
    Hey, its self-defence!

Good thing so many people got guns in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Hey, its self-defence!

Good thing so many people got guns in America.
    and its more acceptable and american if they were packin heat with their pokerballs and shot at him for shooting at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Are people in this thread trying to say if a car pulls in your driveway you're permitted to kill the occupants of the vehicle just because its your land?

This reminds me of a case last winter where a 14 year old boy was shot multiple times by a 30 y/o man for playing "ding dong ditch"

Thankfully the boy survived, and he was later charged with a felony count of assault and battery with a deadly weapon.

http://www.newson6.com/story/3090203...ed-with-felony
    To be honest not sure who you're asking about.

I know earlier in the thread I was discussion how messed up Floridas "Stand Your Ground Law" is that allows you to initiate a conflict, cause someone to feel a need to defend themselves from you, and then you can murder them once you become afraid of them.

Thankfully the boy survived, and he was later charged with a felony count of assault and battery with a deadly weapon.

its a good thing the boy was charged; who knows what other damage he would have done with that finger

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    and its more acceptable and american if they were packin heat with their pokerballs and shot at him for shooting at them.
    By shooting the person shooting the maniac who is shooting at a bunch kids who are shooting at him?

10+ Year Old Account
    By shooting the person shooting the maniac who is shooting at a bunch kids who are shooting at him?
    Thats for America to decide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post

its a good thing the boy was charged; who knows what other damage he would have done with that finger
    I used a comma after survived, sorry it wasn't obvious enough for you I was implying the shooter

It's best for everyone to have guns, that way you have no clue who is who and just start shooting freely. Then the police show up and just have to shoot everyone too because they can't figure out what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    I used a comma after survived, sorry it wasn't obvious enough for you I was implying the shooter
    its gonna take more than a comma to keep that boy out of shawshank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    It's best for everyone to have guns, that way you have no clue who is who and just start shooting freely. Then the police show up and just have to shoot everyone too because they can't figure out what is going on.
    are we talking about pokemon go or Grand Theft Auto?

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    are we talking about pokemon go or Grand Theft Auto?
    We are talking how life should ideally be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were they...on his property? If so he has the right to shoot at them if he is afraid they are burglers, but if they weren't hes a jackass and should charged with a crime.

I'm sorry if they don't want to properly regulate guns then you should go to jail when you don't know how to use them.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Lockndrop View Post
    Florida is that place where you can stand your ground and do whatever you want to if you feel your life is threatened. You could even use a flamethrower made out of an axe spray-can if you need to defend your life. In some places if a car is parked on your curb its considered your property. Either way this is stupid. This is what happens when everyone can have a gun. Shoot first ask questions later. The real question here is will the shooter have to pay for damages?
    Is Mad Max based on Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    Were they...on his property? If so he has the right to shoot at them if he is afraid they are burglers, but if they weren't hes a jackass and should charged with a crime.

I'm sorry if they don't want to properly regulate guns then you should go to jail when you don't know how to use them.
    I'd say it would depend a lot on the situation if that was a reasonable fear. While I could possibly see a situation where they could be mistaken for burglars, there's also a lot where shooting at a car on your property is horribly irresponsible.

Some things to be considered would be how well lit the area is, how rural it is, crime rate, how is the car/people inside it acting, etc.

There's certainly a ton of subjectivity as well but possibly taking someone's life, no matter what the law says if in that situation it's technically legal, is something that should not be taken lightly at all.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2016-07-18 at 04:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

So many of these headlines boil down to:

"Pokemon GO reveals country completely unprepared for people to walk around in it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.