New Silence Feature being sold by Gold/Account selling websites.

<snip>

According to what I've been reading someone can be guaranteed silenced for life on their account once they reach a specific number of reports. A website is boasting to sell such a service.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-07-18 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    <snip>

According to what I've been reading someone can be guaranteed silenced for life on their account once they reach a specific number of reports. A website is boasting to sell such a service.
    Yea, too bad it has to be investigated by Blizzard first, so that's going to be nothing more than a scam for people's money.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-07-18 at 07:01 PM.

Deleted
    They have a human element in this so people don't just get reported by a guild or a website.

There is no lifetime silencing, first time you get 24 hours and it keeps doubling for every successfull report after the previous silencing has expired.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    They have a human element in this so people don't just get reported by a guild or a website.
    "Reporting system auto-silences players. It totally works. Sorry you had this experience. =("

https://twitter.com/DustinBrowder/st...800256?lang=en

Deleted
    I told you this will be abused to hell and back again. Blizz will have to remove it or people will just disable all Public Chats and WoW will become even more of a Single-Player RPG.

Yea, too bad it has to be investigated by Blizzard first, so that's going to be nothing more than a scam for people's money.
    Bullshit! How retarded are you to think real Humans would "investigate" that. Yeah Blizzard is automating pretty much everything that people would write Tickets about to fire pretty much all of their Support-Teams and now they are hiring thousands of new Support just to look through fucking reports?

Don't be so naive Kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post

There is no lifetime silencing, first time you get 24 hours and it keeps doubling for every successfull report after the previous silencing has expired.
    "Reporting system auto-silences players. It totally works. Sorry you had this experience. =("

Yeah its too bad I got suspended for buying CMs with GOLD in TRADE CHAT by a GM who read a REPORT and I had to contact other GMs to get it UNDONE.

False Suspensions already happen. Human Error is a thing. People are less perfect than a robot typically. Don't think this won't happen because GMs have to investigate. Fuck off with that logic. System is better than the old one, but it is worse in many ways to the old one as well.

If this is anything like HOTS's "Not at all automated we swear" silencing system then silencing people will become a guild sport and/or microtransaction soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    If this is anything like HOTS's "Not at all automated we swear" silencing system then silencing people will become a guild sport and/or microtransaction soon.
    As someone who plays HotS, I have never been suspended once for swearing or anything on that game, because I don't do it. You have to trip the system to make it work. In almost all cases of the HotS System it turns out most suspensions were well deserved and there are multiple threads on the forums to prove it.

Deleted

That's HotS.

For WoW they said:
    The Silence Penalty
    Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty. While this penalty is active, the silenced player will find that their ability to chat with others is greatly limited.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Yeah its too bad I got suspended for buying CMs with GOLD in TRADE CHAT by a GM who read a REPORT and I had to contact other GMs to get it UNDONE.

False Suspensions already happen. Human Error is a thing. People are less perfect than a robot typically. Don't think this won't happen because GMs have to investigate. Fuck off with that logic. System is better than the old one, but it is worse in many ways to the old one as well.
    Soooooo, humans are not perfect? That what you are saying? BIG DEAL

That's HotS.

For WoW they said:

They said after investigation. Not human investigation. Literally nowhere in that does it say a human will check it.

They left open the possibility for a robot to scan chat logs and pick up words as proof.

Plus, you can't honestly believe they'd hire thousands of people solely to peruse chat logs to check if people deserved it or not.

That's HotS.

For WoW they said:
    You do realize that battle.net is account wide and links to all games? What makes you think they hold a different practice for one game over another? I know SC2 and HOTS is automated. But WoW isn't? Because its special?

Selling a service based on something they have had no opportunity to yet experience.
    Rubbish, plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    The business of what goes on on gold selling web sites is not a topic for discussion here. Most of those activities are against the TOS and therefore violate our forum rules.

Closing the thread.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."