Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What are you going to keep?

Sorry if there is a post that already asks this question but, with the addition of the new transmog system and player wardrobes what item other than legendary items will you be keeping in your banks? I assume anyone who has the corrupted ashbringer will keep it. What other rare pieces will you keep? What will you be dumping? Personally for me I will be keeping the Darkmantle set for rogues which is the upgraded version of the Shadowcraft set from old vanilla dungeons.

Probably should move this to the transmogrification thread but I'm not sure how to do that.

I'll be keeping my Jin'rohk and Zin'rohk and maybe a couple of other unattainable ZG drops. It was one of my favorite raids after all, totally heartbreaking when they turned it into a dungeon and removed some of the bosses.

I forgot about ZG going to keep the war blades of the Hakari also. This is the sword version not the dagger version that is available today.

Ashkandi, RDP... anything sentimental from the level 60 days. Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps, because tentacles.

Arcanite Ripper, because you can bust out a face melter with it.
    My T3 sets, just finished full Dreadnaught and have 5/8 Dreamwalker
    I've got the old Castlevania-ish trinket from the WotLK invasion days, and the Linken's Boomerang/Master Sword that I'm definitely keeping.
    Any transmog gear with a Use effect basically, Headless Horseman's Helm/Sword, that type of stuff.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    nothing much, all goes into the trashcan.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-07-18 at 10:16 PM. Reason: nvm, missed a part in the OP

Formerly known as Arafal

is there any reason to keep gear post-transmog change other than the feel-goods?

Deleted
    Get all the items to transmog and empty the bags + void storage

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Benediction/Anathema.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Just the unattainable stuff. Everything else goes in the trash.

My 8/8 Tier 1 & 2 and Rhok/Lok on my hunter definitely. Anything else, I dunno... Nothing else really has that much sentimental value to me.

I'll be keeping nothing. I'm not one for sentiment, nostalgia, or even tradition. For me, those things are a waste of my time. The gold I'll get out of all that stuff is way more valuable to me.

Unobtainable items only, Rest is getting vendored/deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Unless it can't be transmogged, it goes into the dumper. I'll be glad to see an empty bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I'll be keeping my Jin'rohk and Zin'rohk and maybe a couple of other unattainable ZG drops. It was one of my favorite raids after all, totally heartbreaking when they turned it into a dungeon and removed some of the bosses.
    ZF was never a raid, it's been a 5man since World of Warcraft launched. ZA and I think ZG are now 5mans, having once been raids.

Nonetheless, I completely agree with your love for ZF and the awesome items from there.

Red face

Hello.

I am going to keep items that are not obtainable anymore or connected with good memories.

Stuff like [Dartol's Rod of Transformation] [Medallion of Heroism] the original lightforge set from vanilla [Blessed Book of Nagrand] ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    is there any reason to keep gear post-transmog change other than the feel-goods?
    On-use effects, on-equip effects such as buffs.
    Anything else for sentimental reasons.
    Can't say specifically what I will or won't keep yet.
    Will judge it at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    ZF was never a raid, it's been a 5man since World of Warcraft launched. ZA and I think ZG are now 5mans, having once been raids.

Nonetheless, I completely agree with your love for ZF and the awesome items from there.
    I think you must be confused with something else : Zin'rokh was most certainly a drop from Hakkar in the original ZG raid.

Anything that is unobtainable I'll keep around, otherwise why would you keep it in your bank or inventory? You can link anything you want through addons or through WoW itself anyways.

Just wastes space otherwise.

No clue. I looked and have more xmog than I thought I'd have on my hunter. Both VS full + most of bank with all 30 slot bags. Don't know that I will keep anything other than maybe Thori'dal? Shrug
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.