Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post

Treating them like livestock. Erdogan gives no fucks. The man is fucking mental. Anti-Erdogan Turks in my country are also being harrassed by the pro-Erdogan side since the coup. Absolute lunatics.
    This is good, I hope he pushes it some more. It might get the actual Military on the plan after all...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Yes the militarily fucked up, however historically it's usual that the Turkish people have respect for the military - the big thing here is that they didn't do it right, they should have nabbed Erogan and put him in house arrest first, then the outcome may have been different.
    The problem is that the turkish people have a lot more respect for Erdogan than for the army (and that is from personal experience, so if that counts for the whole country? no idea)

I will fully admit that Erdogan messed up, because he did. But the fact that the army decided that instead of resolving the situation just went ahead and shot everyone they could because "they were pro erdogan" can't be talked right, no matter how the pro army people in this topic and in newspapers spin it.

There is a reason that the Turkish people want the death sentence back, and I can't blame them. If your army that is supposed to protect you decides to just go on a rampage and just decides to kill 265 civilians "because we can" then I get that you want some form of extreme justice.

I must say I love the mis information about the dutch turks though. Mostly coming from non dutch people.

1.) Not "Most Turks" are pro erdogan. Most are anti him. The small vocal group you see is pro him, but the anti people wont speak out, out of fear.
    2.) The dutch journalist that got arrested for insulting Erdogan in Turkey deserved this! I know the dutch newspapers see her as some war hero, but here is a little lesson: She broke a law in a country and got arrested for it. Is the law bullshit? Yes it is. Is it still a law? Yes it is.
    3.) The whole "Rotterdam is in chaos and the mayor can't do anything" is bullshit. Rotterdam is just as it's always been, moving on and not giving a shit unless it affects their city.

This is coming from someone who works in Rotterdam and has a lot of turkish colleagues in Rotterdam.
    Last edited by 8bithamster; 2016-07-19 at 08:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    There is a reason that the Turkish people want the death sentence back, and I can't blame them. If your army that is supposed to protect you decides to just go on a rampage and just decides to kill 265 civilians "because we can" then I get that you want some form of extreme justice.
    Were these civilians just shot in the streets for no reason or were these the same civilians that Edrogan told to go out and fight against the soldiers? Because I can understand when a mob gangs up on you and you have a gun in your hand that you'll need to defend yourself. There were around 1,000 soldiers and only 265 deaths. Doesn't sound like they were going around and shooting people with such a low death toll. And we can't get an unbiased report on the matter since any reporter that goes against Edrogan's narrative risks being imprisoned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This is good, I hope he pushes it some more. It might get the actual Military on the plan after all...
    This is good, I hope he pushes it some more. So we can kick them out of NATO and isolate them like the pariah they are, they'll find no friends in Russia either.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    How do you even do the paperwork alone to fire/imprison THAT many thousands of people in 2 days, let alone do any investigation into who was or wasn't actually connected to the coup.
    You can't, it's not possible. If they had the intel needed to achieve even half of it they would have been able to prevent the coup. This is either a big stunt by Erdogan like you say or they are simply arresting random people plus political enemies in order to appear more competent than they are.

Deleted
    How do you lose a warship?

"Fuck it I'm sure it was THERE"

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    This is good, I hope he pushes it some more. So we can kick them out of NATO and isolate them like the pariah they are, they'll find no friends in Russia either.
    We still want that Bosporus control, man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Great, another wave of refugees. We should send them straight back. Get on it Greece.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Were these civilians just shot in the streets for no reason or were these the same civilians that Edrogan told to go out and fight against the soldiers? Because I can understand when a mob gangs up on you and you have a gun in your hand that you'll need to defend yourself. There were around 1,000 soldiers and only 265 deaths. Doesn't sound like they were going around and shooting people with such a low death toll. And we can't get an unbiased report on the matter since any reporter that goes against Edrogan's narrative risks being imprisoned.
    Except there was no fighting against the military of these civilians. They opened fire on peacefull protests.

Also love this whole "it's anti army so it has to be true because erdogan lol".

Except there was no fighting against the military of these civilians. They opened fire on peacefull protests.

Meh, it's not that easy... if you're military and are told "block this street and don't let anyone through under any circumstances", you'll at some point reach a line where the difference between military and police becomes abundantly clear. Where the police starts doubting the decision and rather backs away than shooting into a crowd, the military thinks "Well, shit..." and starts protecting the line. They're not taught to protect civilians at the cost of sacrificing their mission, they're taught to follow orders.

Deleted

The military is trained to uphold their superior orders, not for crowd control. The moment the pro-Erdogan took the streets and went to protest against the coup military on the bridge, I knew there would be deaths.

Jesus, the amount of justification of civilian deaths in this topic is astounding.. let me guess, if this happened in your country you'd just be as ok with it? Or also blame someone else?

Deleted
    Jesus, the amount of justification of civilian deaths in this topic is astounding.. let me guess, if this happened in your country you'd just be as ok with it? Or also blame someone else?
    It's the nature of armed forces mentality for the past 10 thousand years. Why people think otherwise? That's why the military has command chains, the responsibility falls on the superiors.

Nobody is justifying civilian deaths. We're trying to explain why it was almost inevitable. Doesn't mean we think it was necessary. Quite the opposite.

Deleted
    Nobody is justifying civilian deaths. We're trying to explain why it was almost inevitable. Doesn't mean we think it was necessary. Quite the opposite.
    Precisely.

All I hear is "Yes but it's normal, the army is doing it's job". Again, I ask you. If anything like this in America or Europe happened, the shit would be way worse. What makes this any different exactly? And please don't come with the drivel "that won't happen lol"

Okay what's happening in Turkey:

Now people are arguing that this wasn't staged, it was indeed a coup but the intelligence agency knew it and they let it unfold a bit, knowing it would never gain support from the rest of the military (somehow they made sure of it) and everything was under control. Now, this whole failed coup attempt has transformed into a show for Erdogan.

Earlier, I wrote I hope he would take some lessons, looks like he won't. There might be a second Gezi resistance quite soon as yesterday, he said he will build something to Gezi park, "whether we like it or not". They are also removing the obstacles to obtain fire arms.

The media is trying to discredit the army by posting beaten pictures of soldiers and blaming the army. Some people already start to reject selling goods to soldiers. Everyone is talking about how Erdoganists and Erdogan himself prevented the coup.

The clean-up process is highly likely to be transformed into a witch hunt. It looks like any opposition of Erdogan (not just Cemaat members who conducted the coup) will be removed from various institutions and Erdoganists will fill the spots.

Turkey is going straight a head to civil war. If this weak army fails to make a coup and stop the civil war, Europe may expect some more refugees in severals years.

All I hear is "Yes but it's normal, the army is doing it's job". Again, I ask you. If anything like this in America or Europe happened, the shit would be way worse. What makes this any different exactly? And please don't come with the drivel "that won't happen lol"
    Can't speak for Europe, but there's a reason German military cannot be used inside Germany. To prevent exactly this problem. So yeah, this won't happen in Germany. Now what?

Can't speak for Europe, but there's a reason German military cannot be used inside Germany. To prevent exactly this problem. So yeah, this won't happen in Germany. Now what?
    /headdesk

---> Point

Space
    Ozon
    Air
    Earth

----> Your head

seems it went slightly over your head there kiddo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Okay what's happening in Turkey:

Now people are arguing that this wasn't staged, it was indeed a coup but the intelligence agency knew it and they let it unfold a bit, knowing it would never gain support from the rest of the military (somehow they made sure of it) and everything was under control. Now, this whole failed coup attempt has transformed into a show for Erdogan.

Earlier, I wrote I hope he would take some lessons, looks like he won't. There might be a second Gezi resistance quite soon as yesterday, he said he will build something to Gezi park, "whether we like it or not". They are also removing the obstacles to obtain fire arms.

The media is trying to discredit the army by posting beaten pictures of soldiers and blaming the army. Some people already start to reject selling goods to soldiers. Everyone is talking about how Erdoganists and Erdogan himself prevented the coup.

The clean-up process is highly likely to be transformed into a witch hunt. It looks like any opposition of Erdogan (not just Cemaat members who conducted the coup) will be removed from various institutions and Erdoganists will fill the spots.

Turkey is going straight a head to civil war. If this weak army fails to make a coup and stop the civil war, Europe may expect some more refugees in severals years.
    Then there are only 2 options left, either Turkey gets kicked from NATO and left to their own devices, or the US will unilaterally invade and install a "democratic" leader of their choice to restore order, stating the preservation of NATO integrity as reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    How do you lose a warship?

"Fuck it I'm sure it was THERE"
    They lost half of their entire fleet? lol