Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

[Spoilers] Xal'atath Voiceover

So assuming the dagger isn't trying to throw us off, then she's just dropped some major lore bombs on us.

Really interesting. So hyped for Legion.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

So I'm guessing N'Zoth is confirmed the weakest??
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    So I'm guessing N'Zoth is confirmed the weakest??
    Apparently. But if I understood Xal'atath correctly, N'Zoth will simply corrupt the invading Legion army and drill us a new butthole. So he won't stay the weakest for long. Of course with the others dead he is the strongest living Old God on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Apparently. But if I understood Xal'atath correctly, N'Zoth will simply corrupt the invading Legion army and drill us a new butthole. So he won't stay the weakest for long. Of course with the others dead he is the strongest living Old God on Azeroth.
    I'm not sure if she was referring herself as the weakest (confirming there was overall 5 Old Gods).Still disappointed they pretty much replaced the Old Gods with the Void Lords as our most prominent enemy. (It was pretty much implied Old Gods were before)
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

I mean...how much more do we need a confirmation of N'Zoth coming either in this expansion as a patch boss or the next expansion as the main one?

Also incredibly sad they seem to have given credit for the Emerald Nightmare entirely to Yogg-Saron now, moreso than even just him first discovering it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    I'm not sure if she was referring herself as the weakest (confirming there was overall 5 Old Gods).Still disappointed they pretty much replaced the Old Gods with the Void Lords as our most prominent enemy. (It was pretty much implied Old Gods were before)
    No, she wasn't referring to herself. She isn't N'Zoth. The Chronicle confirms that there were four Old Gods. The other three are dead, so N'Zoth outlasted them all.

can someone clarify this for me?

i always thought the old gods originated from azeroth only. but recently i saw wowpedia saying old gods came from void or something like that? did blizz retconned it?

7+ Year Old Account
    No, she wasn't referring to herself. She isn't N'Zoth. The Chronicle confirms that there were four Old Gods. The other three are dead, so N'Zoth outlasted them all.
    One of Xal'atath possible origins according to its artifact history is that it was part of the fifth Old God that the rest killed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    can someone clarify this for me?

i always thought the old gods originated from azeroth only. but recently i saw wowpedia saying old gods came from void or something like that? did blizz retconned it?
    Yep, blizz retconned it again.

Short version:

There are unimaginably powerful and evil being called Void Lords that want to corrupt our realm.
    Sargeras is soo scared of the Void Lords that he figured that destroying everything is better than letting the Void Lords corrupt something.
    The Void Lords can't manifest in this realm so they just summon creatures from the other side to work as their proxy.
    These summoned creatures are the Old Gods.
    The Old Gods are on Azeroth cause Azeroth has a world soul.
    Having a world soul means the planet will eventually turn into a new Titan.
    If the world soul gets corrupted the Titan will be a Dark Titan.
    Dark Titans serve the Void Lords and are a lot more powerful than regular Titans.
    Sargeras is called 'the' Dark Titan but he isn't 'a' Dark Titan. He is a regular one.
    All the other regular titans have been killed by Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    One of Xal'atath possible origins according to its artifact history is that it was part of the fifth Old God that the rest killed.
    One of the possible, yes. Like Brann theoryzing that naga attacked Gilneas. Now we know that to be false. Sure blizzard might retcon in tewn new old gods when it is confortable for them and turn Thrall into a light aligned old god or something, but at present we have one living old god and 3 dead ones.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2016-07-19 at 08:10 AM.

I didn't notice anything hugely new in here, but it was interesting. There's a lot of little bits of information for a lot of different things, and some confirmation on things implied in the Chronicle, like N'Zoth being the weakest (which isn't a bad thing, it gave N'Zoth time to prepare unlike the others who gave themselves away). Honestly, I think that makes N'Zoth more interesting. We didn't just fight our way up a chain of increasingly more powerful villains (even if the Void itself is following that path). N'Zoth is either cleverer than the others realized, or just really lucky, but either way, that luck will make things bad for us.

I don't think she was intentionally misleading us in any significant fashion, aside from a skewed view of seeing the Void as superior to everything. It amuses me how much she talks about arrogance. Certainly the Void has a reason to feel superior, but all the villains try that, and we find a way regardless. If Blizzard wants to up the ante on Legion, we're going to take some nasty hits, but I really doubt the Void would ever get what they wanted (unless Blizzard was planning on ending this iteration of Warcraft).
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2016-07-19 at 09:00 AM.

Deleted
    I like how Sargeras was made an even stronger badass and a threat that "we should hurry defeating" at the same time is this new lore. He killed other titans, he is big, he cleaves planets, it seems that we can't do anything to him yet he is a pawn in the whole game and there is something more.

I think it just can't end in a good way. Some serious bullshit is coming im afraid. I don't know... I kinda hope that Sargeras will join us and we will somehow prevent the possibility of Void Lords entering our realm or sending their forces.

p.s Im scared that Illidan will become a Xel'naga.
    Last edited by mmoca4d80be4eb; 2016-07-19 at 09:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexxalys View Post
    I like how Sargeras was made an even stronger badass and a threat that "we should hurry defeating" at the same time is this new lore. He killed other titans, he is big, he cleaves planets, it seems that we can't do anything to him yet he is a pawn in the whole game and there is something more.

I think it just can't end in a good way. Some serious bullshit is coming im afraid. I don't know... I kinda hope that Sargeras will join us and we will somehow prevent the possibility of Void Lords entering our realm or sending their forces.
    Same, makes me really excited to see what's coming next. It's like "Lost" for me, the whole 1st and 2nd season you're absolutely sure that the Others are the bad guys and that's the only threat and then OH SHIT WHAAAAT. Really, it wasn't the best series out there, but gripping and mindblowing in the same way as Warcraft is.

"Ask the Ethereals what one of these beings is capable of..."

Ethereals new neutral race coming? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Of course with the others dead he is the strongest living Old God on Azeroth.
    Considering that Both C'Thun and Yogg-Saron are still alive, your statement makes no sense!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post

We've known since BC that a Void Lord Consumed their entire planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Considering that Both C'Thun and Yogg-Saron are still alive, your statement makes no sense!
    I thought Blizzard confirmed that they were dead. Would be cool if they weren't tho..

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    We've known since BC that a Void Lord Consumed their entire planet.
    I should re-do all those quests, it was in netherstorm right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I should re-do all those quests, it was in netherstorm right?
    I believe so, I think it was Dimensius the All-Devouring quest chain.

Editing for clarification.

I'm not saying Dimensius is one of The Void Lords.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-07-20 at 08:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

15+ Year Old Account

God, I hope so - they have enough reason to fight Void Lords after the pillage of K'aresh.

Funny stuff is that Dimensius the All-Devouring is actually canonically... a void lord? Lessened, weakened? He is killable, has a voidwalker appearance, but is believed to be the sole destroyer of K'aresh, apparently using an army of voidwalkers to do his bidding.