Quote Originally Posted by Onyd View Post

I think we need a firm commitment to a date when this is going to happen. Surely you aren't going to play a class which isn't seeming fun to you for the whole expansion?
    wut ?

But don't worry, I'll send you a private message when I'm over it.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N1gh7h4wk View Post
    Yo guys i did some math.
    I found for 100 stacks voidform and from 32% base haste and upward: skipping MF between two VB is an IPS gain. Below you will want to cast the MF to get more insanity into your StM. All hail the 2 button single target specc!
    By my math this is never the case.
    --At 100 stacks and 32% base haste your total haste is 162%.
    --That means your Void Bolt cooldown is 4.5/2.62 = 1.71s.
    --Given that the GCD is .75 at that haste level (that's the global floor, unchanged according to Sigma (Hamlet) in a recent post), your proposed strategy would give .96s of dead time.
    --During that dead time you could get 3 ticks of Mind Flay without losing any Void Bolts (Mind Flay cast time is 3 seconds base for 4 ticks, at that haste the actual cast time is 1.14s and the tick rate is .28s meaning you can get 3 ticks in that time).

Am I missing something?
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown
    8/10M - 10hr raiding schedule

Twitter: @Tanned_
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/tanned_priest

Wasn't there a floor to the tick rate too? Maybe it's an old blue post I'm recalling, I should check some logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    When I bother to upload things I'm pretty lazy - I post whatever I have.
    Yup, I usually do the same thing. Hence why half my videos are me saying "Fuck, I didn't mean to do that."

Hell the one time I tried to use StM in an LFR was horrible, accidently popped it on the pull and just sat there dead for 5 minutes.

So with 7.0 hitting tomorrow, I want to maintain SW:P and VT on as many targets as possible outside of VF, the rest of the time fill with MB>MF outside of execute range, right?

Once in VF I try to apply Void Bolt on different targets, prefered the one with low duration of VT/SWP, but not below 1.5sec because of the traveltime? With VB>MB>MF

So if I get this right and are only able to get around 20-23stacks of VF (Beta @100), is it my gear (only 705 PvPgear with way to much mastery) or is it my bad Inet connection? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tanned View Post
    By my math this is never the case.
    --At 100 stacks and 32% base haste your total haste is 162%.
    --That means your Void Bolt cooldown is 4.5/2.62 = 1.71s.
    --Given that the GCD is .75 at that haste level (that's the global floor, unchanged according to Sigma (Hamlet) in a recent post), your proposed strategy would give .96s of dead time.
    --During that dead time you could get 3 ticks of Mind Flay without losing any Void Bolts (Mind Flay cast time is 3 seconds base for 4 ticks, at that haste the actual cast time is 1.14s and the tick rate is .28s meaning you can get 3 ticks in that time).

Am I missing something?
    Nah i miscalculated something you are right. It should be at unreachable haste levels even with Bloodlust up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post
    So with 7.0 hitting tomorrow, I want to maintain SW:P and VT on as many targets as possible outside of VF, the rest of the time fill with MB>MF outside of execute range, right?

Once in VF I try to apply Void Bolt on different targets, prefered the one with low duration of VT/SWP, but not below 1.5sec because of the traveltime? With VB>MB>MF

So if I get this right and are only able to get around 20-23stacks of VF (Beta @100), is it my gear (only 705 PvPgear with way to much mastery) or is it my bad Inet connection? :/
    Without high amounts of crit and haste you won't be able to sustain high VF stacks. The artifact ability gives us 4 seconds of drain stop, Mindbender or PI help. The main problem with low haste levels is the multiplicative growth of voidform stack haste and base haste from gear. Try to get 30% or more haste and you should get some higher level of VF.

Without high amounts of crit and haste you won't be able to sustain high VF stacks. The artifact ability gives us 4 seconds of drain stop, Mindbender or PI help. The main problem with low haste levels is the multiplicative growth of voidform stack haste and base haste from gear. Try to get 30% or more haste and you should get some higher level of VF.
    Ok, thanks for the clarification Sitting at 12% haste and 19% crit :/ No wonder that my cycle sucks

So you guys in US got the patch today right ? Were there any hidden buff/nerf/change or nah ? Dunno if it's even released yet.

It sure will be weird to play without Vtor.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    So you guys in US got the patch today right ? Were there any hidden buff/nerf/change or nah ? Dunno if it's even released yet.

It sure will be weird to play without Vtor.
    Well I can't get my Glyph of Shadow Friends to work, I applied it and all. Don't know if that counts but so far that's my life.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I'm doing some testing in a pug right now. They've already hotfixed the gems :C

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I'm doing some testing in a pug right now. They've already hotfixed the gems :C
    So they just have 75 secondary stats on them again?

Haha, please share your experience guys

I'm mostly interested in the whole VF uptime and feel of the class. (I barely touched the priest on the ptr)

Homophobia is so gay.

So they just have 75 secondary stats on them again?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Haha, please share your experience guys

I'm mostly interested in the whole VF uptime and feel of the class. (I barely touched the priest on the ptr)
    Well so far, i'm crushing meters, however this is also a heroic group. When my guild raids tonight i'll know more for sure where we're roughly sitting. Although pulling 110k on manno with a ton of mistakes is kinda silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Question: Did they remove the tentacles spawning on your body while in voidform? That looked so cool and I don't see that in any of the animation videos any longer.
    It got moved into later stacks of voidform because some people thought it was to much >>

Yes.

Well so far, i'm crushing meters, however this is also a heroic group. When my guild raids tonight i'll know more for sure where we're roughly sitting. Although pulling 110k on manno with a ton of mistakes is kinda silly.
    Do you have full crit /haste gear?

Question: Did they remove the tentacles spawning on your body while in voidform? That looked so cool and I don't see that in any of the animation videos any longer.
    They nerfed it. We've been asking for a glyph ever since but in vain. :/

Homophobia is so gay.

Yes.

StM ? or LotV ?

and thanks looking forward for you guild run, will you stream it ? (or anyone else... I've got nothing better to do tonight)

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Yes.

What talents are you using?

at what voidstack levels do they spawn?
    15 for the first two snail eyes.
    Then idk at higher stacks where you don't have that much time for looking mb 30

They've already hotfixed the gems :C
    So i farmed mythic dungeons for nothing to upgrade worse items just because a 200 stat socket would make them superior while a 75 gem would not. Thanks blizzard. Why cant we never have nice things..