Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Let me know when the republicans blame themselves for refusing the extra funding requested for embassy protection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    I live in Washington State now. It's liberal but nearly as bad as California. At least yet.
    Welcome! You are about to experience east side of the cascades calling for a secession due to being far more right than west of the cascades, as they do every presidential election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Let me know when the republicans blame themselves for refusing the extra funding requested for embassy protection.
    DNC will bring out shooting victim's families in US, to make the same emotional plea.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Which I am pretty sure will go democrat this election. And yes, you certainly have the right to vote for whomever you want. No criticism from me for that. Maybe some opinions on how it does not really matter in some cases however for the end result in that state.
    That's true.

I think at some point people will make the shift away from the main parties. People are getting fed up. Plus this whole election cycle is just one big circus anyways.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Nobody but the Reps give a shit, sorry.

There is only so long this is relevant; after years it just becomes a sob story partisans use.
    Liberals not giving a crap about fallen soldiers, what a surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Welcome! You are about to experience east side of the cascades calling for a secession due to being far more right than west of the cascades, as they do every presidential election.

- - - Updated - - -

DNC will bring out shooting victim's families in US, to make the same emotional plea.
    Oh yeah. It is amusing when that happens.

I tend to lean more right but I don't see the point in secession.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Sad but true.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Democrats are inconsistent, they keep changing their agenda depending on what's popular - but, at least, they try to stay relevant. While these guys act like they want everyone to hate them: "What, after everything we said about religion, homosexuality, social measures, you still do not hate us? Let us endorse a person with an intelligence of a squid as our candidate. Still no hate? Let us put a grieving mother on stage who will blame Hillary for the death of her son." Either they consciously are committing a party suicide, or they are just really-really bad at politics...
    Once again, you assume everybody values the same things....

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know when they stop pushing for gun control then, as that would be the same level of hypocrisy as bringing out a lady to complain about benghazi while not owning up to the fact that the republicans denied the state department's request for more funding for embassy security.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let me know when they stop pushing for gun control then, as that would be the same level of hypocrisy as bringing out a lady to complain about benghazi while not owning up to the fact that the republicans denied the state department's request for more funding for embassy security.
    I am speculating of course, not knowing what was all in the extra funding requested. But it is not uncommon for a party to try to sneak in other stuff to be funded. Both are guilty of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot about Benghazi that doesn't make sense in context of her speech, but that's never been the point. Even in this thread you can hear people claim things that were disputed early on, aided by Trump's 'mostly false' commentary. The vast majority of the hearings, had nothing to do with her not doing everything she could to save US lives, but the differance between an "act of terror" and "terrorist act". This is why Susan Rice was at the center of the scandal, instead of any official actually responsible for sending out troops.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    That word, "liberal"... I don't think it means what you think it means.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd think if conservatives were the champions of our fallen soldiers there would have been more done after the 60 deaths at our embassies under Bush.

Or, y'know, the thousands upon thousands of dead and injured soldiers from his wars.

You can clamor on about how liberals hate our military, but they aren't the party that created the most recent crop of veterans -- so it is a narrative that falls rather flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I am speculating of course, not knowing what was all in the extra funding requested. But it is not uncommon for a party to try to sneak in other stuff to be funded. Both are guilty of it.
    And it's rank hypocrisy to then not acknowledge their own role in the lack of security at the embassy while trotting out a victim's spouse and blaming it all on someone else.

I mean, denying extra security for embassies because they'd rather play political games, while blaming the lack of security for embassies because of... on someone else, it reads like they expect you to be an idiot and believe them because they're yelling loudly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    You'd think if conservatives were the champions of our fallen soldiers there would have been more done after the 60 deaths at our embassies under Bush.

Or, y'know, the thousands upon thousands of dead and injured soldiers from his wars.

You can clamor on about how liberals hate our military, but they aren't the party that created the most recent crop of veterans -- so it is a narrative that falls rather flat.
    Regardless of that. GOP demonized a mother of a dead soldier for protesting the war and blocked media from showing caskets of dead soldiers being flown in from Middle East. Then there was the actual cover up of Tillman's death... You can also click the link in my signature, so see how much of a shit GOP gives about soldiers returning from war...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Frankly I can't stand either party.

I understand trying to stay relevant but when you change your view on damn near everything I can't trust you. I know opinions change over the years but sometimes you need to just stand firm on something and not alter it to appease your following. Plus they are making this country into a huge bunch of pussies trying to be politically correct about everything. Have some fucking balls and tell someone to fuck off. Who cares if you hurt someone's feelings?

The Republicans do have a lot of shit backwards and end up focusing on the wrong shit. The push the religion side too heavily and lean on that to bash gays/lesbians even though most of them are the worst God damned Christians you can imagine. They are against gay marriage but cheat on their wives and get divorced. I do tend to agree with them on some things (pro-life/2nd Amendment) but more and more I find myself creating distance.

Definitely going the Libertarian route I think.
    I personally think that the party system is just cancerous. All people should run as independent, and the votes should be for individuals, not for large organizations including millions members, all with different ideas. I like McCain, but I can't stand Trump - and yet, voting either for GOP, or for a GOP presidential candidate, I essentially support both; or, if I don't vote for it, I support neither. I don't like Democratic party, but Hillary seems like a solid candidate to me - and yet, voting for her, I would coincidentally vote for Democratic party, even if I don't want to.

Luckily, I do not have a citizenship yet, so I don't have to endure the moral dilemma of voting for people I do not support!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

There is a lot about Benghazi that doesn't make sense in context of her speech, but that's never been the point. Even in this thread you can hear people claim things that were disputed early on, aided by Trump's 'mostly false' commentary. The vast majority of the hearings, had nothing to do with her not doing everything she could to save US lives, but the differance between an "act of terror" and "terrorist act". This is why Susan Rice was at the center of the scandal, instead of any official actually responsible for sending out troops.
    Ya, the whole thing is political theater, I get it. Which is why the RNC deserves nothing but scorn for doing this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    That word, "liberal"... I don't think it means what you think it means.
    True. Regressive Left.

Liberal might even be a compliment for what they are now.

True. Regressive Left.

Liberal might even be a compliment for what they are now.
    Better than radical right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of that. GOP demonized a mother of a dead soldier for protesting the war and blocked media from showing caskets of dead soldiers being flown in from Middle East. Then there was the actual cover up of Tillman's death... You can also click the link in my signature, so see how much of a shit GOP gives about soldiers returning from war...
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the whole Pat Tillman thing.

Frankly both parties should be ashamed at the plight of vets in the US. It's truly awful.

The GOP has this whole continuity of thought problem. They love the military but once the military has done its job they stop caring about the tools. Proper VA care? Too expensive.

Same thing with their pro-life stance. They want all people to be born but then refuse to fund programs to care of a population of children that disproportionately requires government assistance.

And frankly you could even make a case that a pro-life pro-military stance are in conflict with each other. If every life is precious why would you engage in armed conflict that puts lives at risk?

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    That's really fucking classy of the RNC to bring a grieving mother on stage and blame Hillary Clinton for the death of her son. Just terrible.
    Have you looked at who's giving speeches at the DNC convention?

Trayvon Martin's mother
    Eric Garner's Mother
    Michael Brown's Mother

Classy, Democrats, Classy

10+ Year Old Account
    And it's rank hypocrisy to then not acknowledge their own role in the lack of security at the embassy while trotting out a victim's spouse and blaming it all on someone else.

I mean, denying extra security for embassies because they'd rather play political games, while blaming the lack of security for embassies because of... on someone else, it reads like they expect you to be an idiot and believe them because they're yelling loudly.
    If this was about lack of security, Susan Rice wouldn't have been embroiled in the case. Here is politifact on her speech:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-clinton-and-/

If this was about security, the whole point wouldn't be her private meetings with families of the dead.