Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdawg View Post
    Yeah the only problem is "if you are a bit lucky". I just saw somewhere that for some guy it procced once in 3 minutes window, or none in 5 minutes window, if the proc is really nerfed like this, then I might as well disenchant capacitor right after pre-patch.
    But if you're fighting a demon, just use the heirloom as it is second best, in that case.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Just read this at Pre-Expansion Patch Notes http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20151961

"Equipment limits on the amount of crafted gear that can be worn have been removed."

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone that knows how to sim Racials for Pre-patch, Ill be forever grateful. For both factions and Mutilate/Sub would be great.

Deleted
    Hi,

Quick question:
    -Situation 1 - have around 15sec left on rupture and Exsanguinate has just come off cd, do I apply a new 6cp rup and then Exsanguinate or let the 15 fall off?

-Situation 2 - have around 15sec left on Nightstalker rupture and Exsanguinate has just come off cd, do I apply a new 6cp rup and then Exsanguinate or let the 15 fall off?

Has anyone done the math/sim on that?

Cheers

What's the optimal use for DS?

Should we maintain our usual 5 CP rotations and take the 6 CP finishers when we get them making DS a replacement for anticipation and avoiding wasted CP. Or is the goal to do 6 CP finishers and hope RNG doesn't fuck us?

Quote Originally Posted by Ickus View Post
    What's the optimal use for DS?

Should we maintain our usual 5 CP rotations and take the 6 CP finishers when we get them making DS a replacement for anticipation and avoiding wasted CP. Or is the goal to do 6 CP finishers and hope RNG doesn't fuck us?
    This question is answered in this very thread.

Quote Originally Posted by daredd View Post
    Hi,

Quick question:
    -Situation 1 - have around 15sec left on rupture and Exsanguinate has just come off cd, do I apply a new 6cp rup and then Exsanguinate or let the 15 fall off?

-Situation 2 - have around 15sec left on Nightstalker rupture and Exsanguinate has just come off cd, do I apply a new 6cp rup and then Exsanguinate or let the 15 fall off?

Cheers
    I would say that in both cases it's better to apply a new one and exsang it.
    If you have a Nightstalker rupture with more than 21seconds i would exsang that right away.
    (Just ballpark estimations in my head. No hard math to show you. )

Deleted
    Is sub gonna use the Shadowmoon enchant in prepatch since it was changed to Versatility or is it Frostwolf/Thunderlord?

Versatility > haste for outlaw at lvl 100?

Quote Originally Posted by daredd View Post
    Hi,

Quick question:

Cheers
    why would you nightstalker a rupture without having exsang up already?:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethys256 View Post
    TL;DR : Assn & Sub are both fine/equal, especially if you have BHTV trinket for Sub. If you don't have it, you might have to play Assn if you want to be "optimal". Outlaw is good but relies heavily on your RNG (thanks to RTB).
    Well, what´s this? Someone saying Outlaw is decent?

Burn the heretic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    Well, what´s this?
    lvl 100 ≠ 110

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethys256 View Post
    Hello everyone.

For those who don't know me, I'm the Simulationcraft Rogue Action Priority List (APL) Maintainer.

I made a lot of work to know what is optimal for rogues at level 110 (everything will be released on MMO-C forums later in August, you can have some sneak peeks if you're on #Ravenholdt) but since the 7.0 Legion PrePatch will hit Live Servers the 19th, I had to make some -basics- comparisons for level 100.

You will find on the spreadsheet :
    - Main Results
    - Stats Scaling
    - Trinkets Breakdown
    - Talents Breakdown

As the PrePatch will lasts ~6 weeks, I will not post results outside of the single target patchwerk scenario since it requires more work.
    Keep in mind that it is here just to show how are the specs with the T18M setup, ie HfC 6.2 Mythic Gear w/ 795 Ring and everything at 2/2.
    Every infos related to the simulations are in the spreadsheet.
    The source column is empty since I encounter some difficulties to host every html reports (some of them can be really big), I have to find a solution.

Feel free to ask things in this thread in regards to the simulations of rogues for 7.0 PrePatch.
    I won't add any other infos to the spreadsheet (more fight setup, new "BiS" list, ...) and will only fix bugs if there is any.
    I will still update it if there is any hotfix of course.

Finally, I'm porting my work to AMR Simulation, so the level 110 simulation results will be displayed both for SimC and AMR (it should displays the same btw :P).

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Aqwv0VckwWnifFzgYHer4WIncpk

PS : I do say HFC 6.2 Mythic Gear since 7.0 make any Mythic HFC Loot to be 720+ (720 base and can proc Titanforged).

TL;DR : Assn & Sub are both fine/equal, especially if you have BHTV trinket for Sub. If you don't have it, you might have to play Assn if you want to be "optimal". Outlaw is good but relies heavily on your RNG (thanks to RTB).
    I have two questions:
    1- I'm at 740ilvl and i like DS is it ok to use it or there's much diff between it and vigor?
    2-I have the Kilrogg dagger on my main hand WF/SOCK and the Xhul mace on my offhand, is it ok to keep a slow offhand or i need to change to a dagger? the only dagger that i have as a substitute is the HC mannoroth dagger

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    why would you nightstalker a rupture without having exsang up already?:P
    Doesn't make a difference. A nightstalker rupture does the same damage regardless of if it's exsanguinated or not.

You DO, however, gain damage if you exsanguinate during a Blood of the Assassinated proc or a trinket proc, to fit more rupture ticks into that damage window.

Are there any other class simulation results?

After doing Mythic Mannoroth and Mythic Archimonde attempts (since there are some bugs), it feels like these simulations are waaaaaaaaaay off. Guildy Outlaw Rogue was pretty much always outdpsing me and by 10-15k. I was usually doing 65k-75k. I mean, I could be messing it up pretty badly but the damage feels no where near where it should be, according to this Sim. They might've changed some things before release or things might be bugged.

I understand there are going to be some messy things but here are our logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...zpXHW#fight=24

EDIT: I was doing some testing on Manno to see how things went so disregard the kill dps especially for that fight.
    Last edited by therayeffect; 2016-07-20 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    After doing Mythic Mannoroth and Mythic Archimonde attempts (since there are some bugs), it feels like these simulations are waaaaaaaaaay off. Guildy Outlaw Rogue was pretty much always outdpsing me and by 10-15k. I was usually doing 65k-75k. I mean, I could be messing it up pretty badly but the damage feels no where near where it should be, according to this Sim. They might've changed some things before release or things might be bugged.

I understand there are going to be some messy things but here are our logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...zpXHW#fight=24

EDIT: I was doing some testing on Manno to see how things went so disregard the kill dps especially for that fight.
    how did you only cast 3 garrotes in a 3,5 minute fight?

you also seem to recast rupture before it expires during exsanguinate which is a big nono

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    how did you only cast 3 garrotes in a 3,5 minute fight?

you also seem to recast rupture before it expires during exsanguinate which is a big nono
    I just realized that Garrote is no longer stealth only, lol. That's good to know and I see now that cutting off exsanguinate is a bad idea too. I'm going to be rerolling to DH so I didn't test Assassination that much. I still don't think that'll help me get up to near the averages for the Sims but it'll be better by a bit since more bleeds = more energy = more damages.

I haven't been able to find any rotation guides at all. It really feels like information is so much harder to come by nowadays with most of the old sites I used long gone or way behind.

I did a bit of logging during tonights foray into Heroic HFC. Sims look pretty accurate, im not sure why alot of people were telling me that dps was waaaaay lower that it looks like it is. Got a couple rank 1s on heroic (not that it really matters lol). https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GjzJhtCy9xcKvV7D

Deleted
    Anyone able to give a quick overview on how to play assassination in the pre patch or chuck me a link to a place that has it?

Doesn't have to be crazy just a prio for spells/ what not to cast when etc as I'm rerolling I played rogues for a bit on the alpha and that was my extent of testing really xD

Thanks for the sim results thou!