Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Ah, so people thought they'd be able to talk shit or spam in chat unchecked for however long it took for a GM to be made aware of what was going on? I guess that's one possible reality you could live in...
    Except that this isn't what needs to happen in order for a person to get muted is saying "I love world of warcraft" talking shit and spamming? Multiboxers and trolls are able to just mass report people and get the muted for however long it takes a GM to get around to the issue and that isn't what Blizzard said this system would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Except that this isn't what needs to happen in order for a person to get muted is saying "I love world of warcraft" talking shit and spamming? Multiboxers and trolls are able to just mass report people and get the muted for however long it takes a GM to get around to the issue and that isn't what Blizzard said this system would be.
    Acting as if a fairly popular streamer getting his audience to mass report him is anywhere close to what the average player will experience is pretty hilarious.

So I'll ask again: What would have happened on Monday if 50 people reported you simultaneously?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Acting as if a fairly popular streamer getting his audience to mass report him is anywhere close to what the average player will experience is pretty hilarious.

So I'll ask again: What would have happened on Monday if 50 people reported you simultaneously?
    Can't say that I've ever heard of people being muted tbh before this system was put in place and even if they were it wasn't automated via mob rule which would also block grouping/mail functions. And I'm not excusing toxic behavior but having a system which allows people to be muted via mob rule is stupid. Someone can easily go and form a raid or get a guild together to mass report someone they don't like. Not to mention the fact that multiboxers possess the power to mute people now too. And now I'll ask you a question, are you okay with Blizzard lying to their community because they said this wouldn't happen and it has.
    Last edited by Derpleton; 2016-07-20 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I mean if all it takes is a stream with hundreds of people reporting you all at the same time why bother right? I mean this will happen all the time!
    So I guess your okay with multiboxers being able to mute people, streamers getting trolled and Blizzard lying to their community about how this works?
    Last edited by Derpleton; 2016-07-20 at 06:55 AM.

So I guess your okay with multiboxers being able to mute people, streamers getting trolled and Blizzard lying to their community about how this works?
    You are vastly overstating just how many people will abuse this.

There's also the fact that abuse of the tool will likely result in bans/suspensions against the people doing the fake reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post

There's also the fact that abuse of the tool will likely result in bans/suspensions against the people doing the fake reporting.
    Hah!

If people can exploit something for their gain, they will.

I sure as hell will abuse this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    You can't, you're only one vote which won't silence someone.

You can't, you're only one vote which won't silence someone.
    I got a guild that loves to troll people.

It's already been confirmed that after X amount of reports the system auto silences you, before any GM has even looked at you. It's a fucked system.

I got a guild that loves to troll people.
    So you've been mass reporting people for years have you?

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    It's already been confirmed that after X amount of reports the system auto silences you, before any GM has even looked at you. It's a fucked system.
    That's been in place for years?

"Your chat and mail privileges have been temporarily suspended pending Game Master review." - 2/27/2011

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2140508135

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Edit: The system is working as intended in that it auto silences you pending GM review.
    Last edited by Banana1; 2016-07-20 at 08:03 AM.

Deleted
    So you've been mass reporting people for years have you?
    There is no talking to people like this.
    This system has been in place for years now, the only thing added is the silence function that is triggered.
    For 99.99999% of the people this is a good thing.
    For streamers that act like assholes most of the time (asmogold, which I am subbed to because I enjoy his fooling around) this could back fire.

If you as a guild start reporting people whilly nilly it might work once or twice before they find out and you get a ban on your account for abusing the system.

People making an issue of this .. eugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banana1 View Post
    Care to provide a link to this undeniable proof? Because it clearly is not what Blizzard presented in their post.
    Of course its going to be automated.
    If you get 40 reports within a minute of course you will get silenced.
    What would you want? People being toxic assholes for hours till a blizzard representative can have a look trough the logs and finally after half a day do something about it?
    No of course not. Just like the system is automated in every other fucking game on the planet.

This community. eugh.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Of course its going to be automated.
    If you get 40 reports within a minute of course you will get silenced.
    What would you want? People being toxic assholes for hours till a blizzard representative can have a look trough the logs and finally after half a day do something about it?
    No of course not. Just like the system is automated in every other fucking game on the planet.

This community. eugh.
    The funny thing is that the mass reporting that will get you "Your chat and mail privileges have been temporarily suspended pending Game Master review." which happened to asmogold has been in place since 2011: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2140508135

The best thing about this thread is every tool in the toolshed coming out and admitting they are tools.

etc

The funny thing is that the mass reporting that will get you "Your chat and mail privileges have been temporarily suspended pending Game Master review." which happened to asmogold has been in place since 2011: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2140508135

The best thing about this thread is every tool in the toolshed coming out and admitting they are tools.
    Too bad that the email Asmongold received linked him to the article on the Silence Penalty and not some irrelevant forum post thats 5 years old and doesn't even have a blue post in it

Too bad that the email Asmongold received linked him to the article on the Silence Penalty and not some irrelevant forum post thats 5 years old and doesn't even have a blue post in it
    OPEN your EYES and READ:

http://imgur.com/a/RhtHs

The message he received in game was "Your chat and mail privileges have been temporarily suspended pending Game Master review.""

This SYSTEM has been IN PLACE for YEARS.

If you require me to break it down further please let me know.

OPEN your EYES and READ:

The message he received in game was "Your chat and mail privileges have been temporarily suspended pending Game Master review.""

How about you learn to read, nowhere in my post did I mention what he received in game, I was talking about an email that he described to the stream. If you need me to explain my post to you again let me know....

OPEN your EYES and READ:

What you mean is Blizzard flat-out lied to your face when they said for this supposedly new system:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...d-of-warcraft/
    Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.
    So what you're saying is that they re-used the same automated system that's in place since at least 2011 while spitting on your face.
    But you just thought it's raining.

And that's a good thing, Blizzard working as expected.

Yep you clarified everything.

Deleted
    How about you learn to read, nowhere in my post did I mention what he received in game, I was talking about an email that he described to the stream. If you need me to explain my post to you again let me know....
    The system is working at intented. If I act like a massive idiot and get 40 reports within a minute I would WANT my self to be silenced till a employee can look at the logs and figure out how big of a cunt I am and ban me if needed.
    What you want to happen? This idiot that got reported 40 times within a minute to keep spamming whatever he wants to the next 4 hours till the office opens and an employee can start an investigation?

Stop being obtuse for the sole reason to be obtuse.
    Fucking hell.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    The system is working at intented. If I act like a massive idiot and get 40 reports within a minute I would WANT my self to be silenced till a employee can look at the logs and figure out how big of a cunt I am and ban me if needed.
    What you want to happen? This idiot that got reported 40 times within a minute to keep spamming whatever he wants to the next 4 hours till the office opens and an employee can start an investigation?

Stop being obtuse for the sole reason to be obtuse.
    Fucking hell.
    Too bad Asmongold wasn't spamming being rude etc. He literally said "I love World of Warcraft" and got muted for it which proves that Blizzard lied to its community. Stop ignoring the fact that Blizzard flat out lied. There is no investigation as Blizzard said and hell there isn't even a filter. Maybe it would work better if it looked for key words but it will literally silence anyone regardless of what they said in its current state.