Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Rather rid the community of toxic assholes.
    Exactly, why do the non-toxic folks have to shut themselves off rather than the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Exactly, why do the non-toxic folks have to shut themselves off rather than the other way around?
    Right.

I will report every single toxic person I see in trade. Want to make racist comments take it to reddit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Now ur comparing a bomb bot to trolls in trade.

Go unsub if you don't like the current system and feel you may be "False" reported. Because funny enough the only people I see pissy about the system is the ones who are rightfully targeted by it.
    I'm going by the "logic" you provided. "No big deal we got a few innocents in the crossfire, because we got that one bad guy! Woo! Go team blue!".

I don't have to unsub because I've been unsubbed, and I will remain unsubbed. Idiotic systems implementations like this silence system are one of many reasons I won't be back...and no, that's not because I'm one of these nasty toxic trade/general trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    You know there wont be a punishment for abusing it.
    Neither of us knows what will happen. Blizzard has punished people for less in the past.
    As long as the system works well 99% of the time, I'd say that's a good system in games like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I'm going by the "logic" you provided. "No big deal we got a few innocents in the crossfire, because we got that one bad guy! Woo! Go team blue!".

I don't have to unsub because I've been unsubbed, and I will remain unsubbed. Idiotic systems implementations like this silence system are one of many reasons I won't be back...and no, that's not because I'm one of these nasty toxic trade/general trolls.
    Your comparing killings in real life to temp bans in a video game.

If you don't see how they are unrelated and not even close to being the same I don't know what to tell you.

If you come back and by some super rare chance you get false temp banned I have provided you the info on how to fix it. Been using live chat since it came out and not once have I waited over 30mins. Use it and get ur temp ban removed and enjoy the fact that those who false reported will get into trouble.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Because people apparently can't fend for themselves, so they need Big Brother Blizzard to intervene in their typical heavy-handed pendulum swing manner.

Deleted
    Yes lets compare jail to someone trolling in trade. Here is a idea, Don't like it go unsub. Your clearly don't realize the manpower it would take to check each report for a game that last reported it had 5 million players.

Punish now and ask for forgiveness later.

There is a simple fix to the super rare problem you mite have. If you have it do what I said above. Live chat wait is at max 30mins.
    No unjustified jail time to unjustified silence time. I'm not subbed because pre-patches never did anything for me and Legion doesn't look all that impressive to me.
    Yes I realize the manpower needed, so if they don't have it don't do it. Or find a middle-way with a filter for certain terms which leads to automated silence, but don't go blind and silence everything.

Many people won't forgive and the subs will keep dropping. You don't punch someone in the face and hope he forgives you, you better have a reason to punch or don't give a shit about the forgiveness.

It's not MAX, it's ESTIMATED WAIT TIME. It can be FAR FAR longer!

Dude, if you are unsubbed, just let the game go man? Just walk away, and don't bother anymore. All this anger and frustration can be gone instantly!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Or, you know, use Trade chat for it's intended purpose. /shrug
    The fact that asmongold was silenced just from 39 reports (or more?) shows me that the automated system is borked - all I meant by my post

Because people apparently can't fend for themselves, so they need Big Brother Blizzard to intervene in their typical heavy-handed pendulum swing manner.
    In almost every other sphere of society people pay a price for their words if it crosses any arbitrary line. Why do you think you're entitled to different in a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Neither of us knows what will happen. Blizzard has punished people for less in the past.
    As long as the system works well 99% of the time, I'd say that's a good system in games like these.
    and they've let a multitude slide for far worse than abusing their broken systems.
    Working on my next ban.

Wouldn't be a problem if Blizzard didn't say this:

Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty. While this penalty is active, the silenced player will find that their ability to chat with others is greatly limited.
    (source)
    Yet people get silenced BEFORE investigation. This is a huge issue because it can clearly be abused, as demonstrated by Asmongold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    and they've let a multitude slide for far worse than abusing their broken systems.
    So because they've let some people slip through the cracks, you are of the mentality that they should just NOT bother with any rules/social conducts?
    The system is good for what it is, if you disregard the fact that people CAN abuse it.
    But if people get harsh punishments for abusing it, then most will likely NOT do it.

Don't want big brother blizzard to step in then don't be a douche.

Simple fix to your simple problem.

Deleted
    So because they've let some people slip through the cracks, you are of the mentality that they should just NOT bother with any rules/social conducts?
    The system is good for what it is, if you disregard the fact that people CAN abuse it.
    But if people get harsh punishments for abusing it, then most will likely NOT do it.
    What harsh punishment do you think they will get?
    They will get at worse a account flag so their reports no longer count. But nothing more!

- - - Updated - - -

Don't want big brother blizzard to step in then don't be a douche.

Simple fix to your simple problem.
    And what if someone just dislikes me and has a large following so I get bullied? They are the douches and I'm the victim, but that would never happen, now would it?

Dude, if you are unsubbed, just let the game go man? Just walk away, and don't bother anymore. All this anger and frustration can be gone instantly!
    No worries; I'm primarily here on other subforums at this point (in the event you aren't being sarcastic ).

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    It's not MAX, it's ESTIMATED WAIT TIME. It can be FAR FAR longer!
    Ummmm still won't take more then 30mins.

Many people won't forgive and the subs will keep dropping.
    Bye then don't let the door hit "you" on the way out.

I don't get why assholes think that a game owned by a private company should somehow be a free-for-all for their toxicity.

You can be punished for extreme speech by your government/employer/friends etc, why should you be able to get away with it in Blizzard's property if they chose otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    Wouldn't be a problem if Blizzard didn't say this:

(source)
    Yet people get silenced BEFORE investigation. This is a huge issue because it can clearly be abused, as demonstrated by Asmongold.
    Totally in that rare moment when you ask 40 people to report you to show a system is broken. You do realize getting so many to report you is rare and worth the risk right?

10+ Year Old Account
    c
    Then why do you care? Why do we care about your opinion? You don't play the game.