Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Question Legion will be another WoD, thoughts?

I hate to say it, but this failure of a pre-patch, combined with them ignoring everybody's feedback on beta for the most part is very concerning. They've gutted our ability to make gold. For me it's plain and simple, the day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing. They are balancing the game around us having artifact weapons. They've fucked over the lore. Blizzard seems to love the color green because this will be the 3rd expac in a row where they shove that color in our face everywhere. Also, there's barely any new mounts coming out this expansion compared to past expansions. I hate to say it, but it seems as if Legion is headed in the direction that WoD took. As in, a subpar expansion that was worse than Cataclysm.

What's everyone's thoughts on Legion and the future of WoW in general?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Did I miss something? What was the failure of the pre-patch? The events have not started yet.. they said that several times, this is just the class and interface changes in preparation..

They gutted the free gold piñata we have had for 2 years, nothing else.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Legion is fine. If you haven't even tried beta, then you can't complain.

Classes are balanced for 110, not 100. That's why everything is all messed up right now.

It's not another WoD.

well right now i'm having more fun with the prepatch than i did with the entire wod expansion.

yeah there's some gripes. not happy with a few classes, but other classes and specs i'm having fun. i really enjoy outlaw, happy with my mage, dk, and warrior. my buddy has been having fun messing around with his warlock again after going all of wod dissatisfied with him.

plus prepatch isn't even 80% of legion. we still are missing honor talents and artifact weapon for more abilities and class mechanics. let alone the rest of the supposed content.

i do agree with the notion blizzard did a terrible job advertising what was going to be available with the prepatch. with the way the community behaves, it should of been a massive marketing campaign for the last few months advertising the prepatch is NOT bringing over all the changes such as the honor system and artifact weapons. like maybe a full screen notice when they click play that alerts them and they have to click acknowledge to continue. the shear amount of people asking in trade about where the class halls are was overwhelming.

1) "They've gutted our ability to make gold. For me it's plain and simple, the day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing. "

You could pay the monthly fee, you know, as it has been since 2004.

2) "They are balancing the game around us having artifact weapons."

And? Other expansions have been balance around you getting weapons as the tiers progressed. You balance a game according to the systems you have in place.

3) "They've fucked over the lore."

Yes, tell me how you are an expert in lore...

4) "Blizzard seems to love the color green because this will be the 3rd expac in a row where they shove that color in our face everywhere."

There is also blue and purple (Suramar), gray and brown (Highmountain), shades of yellow and orange (Stormheim), and a multitude of colors in Azuna.

5) "Also, there's barely any new mounts coming out this expansion compared to past expansions."

There are 28 mounts coming, that we know of, according to "warcraftmounts.com/legion" and that's just for launch, and thats a pretty good number for the first tier of an expansion.

6) "I hate to say it, but it seems as if Legion is headed in the direction that WoD took. As in, a subpar expansion that was worse than Cataclysm."

I've been playing since BC and every expansion people say the same thing over and over again. Yes WoD was overall a shitty expac, but of what I've seen I see they are trying to correct some of the mistakes made in WoD, so they are in better shape for Legion. I hope I've answered your question.

I've been playing the Beta and Legion already seems clearly superior. Played a little of every class and the amount of stuff to do and work towards is leagues ahead of WoD. It's almost a little intimidating, sometimes I don't know what I should focus on. Then I remember it's beta and it doesn't matter, these characters are all going to be deleted anyway.

Only thing I'm worried about is how it seems a little alt unfriendly. I know they promise the pacing will ramp up later in the expansion, but your time is mostly rewarded focusing on a single character and spec.
    ( ; , , ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Vightnic View Post
    Only thing I'm worried about is how it seems a little alt unfriendly. I know they promise the pacing will ramp up later in the expansion, but your time is mostly rewarded focusing on a single character and spec.
    I've been playing the beta quite a bit and I've felt like Legion is super alt friendly.
    My reasons:
    1) The level scaling in zones makes the leveling up experience a heck of a lot more fun.
    2) World quest rewards that are gear pieces scale up with your ilvl so you can just log into your alts and look for those WQs and get some easy gear.
    3) World quests in general are pretty easy and a good way to get artifact power. So logging into a few alts and doing some ArP quests isn't too much of a hassle.
    4) Artifact power ramps up over time with artifact research in your garrison. You can start playing an alt weeks/months down the road and catch up (to some extend) on an artifact for them.
    5) The artifacts and class hall content makes leveling up an alt more interesting then just maxing out another toon with different skills.

This is very worrisome for all of us WoW players.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    I hate to say it, but it seems as if Legion is headed in the direction that WoD took.
    The Legion will be worse. All that awaits us after August 30, is complete nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    For me it's plain and simple, the day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing.
    Good riddance, you're only leeching on other paying players. Blizzard doesn't get a penny from you, so why would they care if you like it?

Legion is definitely not another WOD (for one I (and many others) wasn't even the slightest bit interested in purchasing WOD and only did so after the Legion announcement) however people pretending Legion is going to be just fine are mainly the types that probably didn't even really dislike WOD.

It's not the Legion is setting itself up to be a similar failure, certainly the game is trying out some new things but it is extremely doubtful at best anything they do no matter how perfect is going to bring the game back to the standard's the developers had during WoW's golden age, which in my mind was WOTLK.

I think it's a huge mistake both from a business perspective and a developer perspective to focus so much on keeping the game as fresh and new as possible, because it's just an old game and there really is only so much you can do to mix things up and still keep people more or less happy and engaged in the game.

To a very large extent I get the impression that the current development team is putting entirely too much effort into making the game attractive to new players, which to me seems very very silly because the game just is not very attractive at all to completely new players who have no previous investment, so I can't see their current business plan and marketing strategy resulting in overall financial success outside of box sales.

Now from a design perspective, I really like that they have finally gotten around to separating PVP balance from PVE, however I am not very happy with pvp essentially being locked behind yet another artificial gate. But it's really hard to say exactly how well that system is going to play out until a good chunk of players are well into it. However that may be, for the most part I don't think a system like this being treated like some kind of reward is fun game design, and pvp in this expansion is almost certain to be at least as unbalaned as it has ever been in this game.

You think it was rough when you were queuing random bgs before the pre-patch and getting matched up with players who hadn't figured out they should do Ashran first and get decent to top of the line pvp gear very quickly first, imagine what it's going to be like when you're all geared out and have not only all your honor talents unlocked but prestige and all of that, and you get teamed up with players that have hardly pvp'd at all. It's going to be a chaotic mess. Of course you can avoid that by forming premades but there's a limitation to that because many players just simply won't take the time to do that.

Moving on...the new talent system, artifact weapons and class redesigns....whether you like it or not is a chaotic mess, it's going to be very very difficult for them to balance all this without some rather large changes down the road as we're getting through Legion.

It's also a complete 180 from the class design philosophy from CATA on, and that highlights the major problem with Blizzard, they always go too far one way or the other, the changes they make to their game are rarely if ever a happy medium. Honestly, from CATA-WOD the development team did great work making every player more or less on the same level in terms of talents and glyphs and such by eliminating waste and giving players flexibility in what they could choose. It was a very simple system, but it worked, and it didn't really need to be touched at all. Matter of fact, it would have been so much easier to rework classes and individual specs if they hadn't fucked around so extensively with this talent system that ultimately is anything but balanced going from class to class and spec to spec.

It also does not add any type of fun challenge to the game, or even make things more difficult so much as it just adds another tedious layer of bullshit as you will have to constantly respec. Perhaps some added functionality to the UI and/or add ons could make this simplified but when it comes down to it, why not just give every class all of the abilities they need out of the gate? Seems like some classes are already capable of good single target and aoe dps even before considering talents and others really are not.

I'm saying all this as someone who wants to see more flavor and nuance between the classes, I'm sure on the whole this is no different than any other pre-patch/new expansion, I think this time they've gone entirely too far (example, my warrior feels fine on the whole and most the same, my hunter on the other hand is essentially not the same character at all anymore and barely resembles anything like it was before) and it's only a matter of time before they start reeling back and repairing the damage many of these changes are already causing.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-20 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    Good riddance, you're only leeching on other paying players. Blizzard doesn't get a penny from you, so why would they care if you like it?
    exactly the opposite is the case. for every single token used, anyone has paied blizz 5 more dollars. and thats the case i hate ppl like the OP. they are such dumb, that they are pissed of blizzard and as a conclusion they help them gettin even 5 more dollars while buying a token with gold (from some another one which paied blizz 5 more bugs). thats the definition of retarded.

and btw: the sky is falling.

Legion will be worse than WoD. People will leave after 1-2 months.

Too bad we don't see subs anymore.

In the words of Ragnaros: TOO SOON!

But given things like the silly camera changes, broken class design (since they all hinge on not only a higher level cap, but also having a particular item, the artifact weapons), and the silence system that has proven to be abusable, I'll definitely be passing on Legion for quite some time, if not permanently.

Too early to tell. Nothing about the class changes makes me think I'm going to stay interested for very long, but we'll see.

My thoughts? You're a vocal minority that exists every single expansion, the people who will doomcall before they even get a chance to see the game in its real form, and your irrational pre-judgement of an entire expansion based on limited knowledge (beta, one day of pre-patch) just shows how eager you are to watch the game die for some weird personal sense of validation.
    I've seen almost this exact post in some way, shape and form since Burning Crusade and people complaining that felguards being OP at 60 is killing the game and everyone having high warlord gear is enough to make them quit.

Am I saying Legion won't be bad? No, but what I am saying is that if you go into something wanting it to be terrible and unenjoyable, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Would it hurt you to actually give Legion a valid try before saying it's the end of WoW?

Yah I think it will be possibly worse than WOD but it will still be better than any other action rpg I can think of. It was made by the same team. I already hate all the ability pruning.

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    They have enough money, for WoW to go completely free. They should care even if that player is using gold for sub.

No way possible. Legion is far and away better.